Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I got mine Today and the Finish around All outside edges is Superb and if I had not followed his thread I would Not have even noticed the unfinished edge inside the vent Because it looked fine to me!!

My question is Since the stock has built in washers and I will use the Stock (Cut about 2 inches) in the summer I am assuming People purchased small rubber washers similar to the stock ones when they installed the Calsci?
    Without rubber washers I would think you would get TWO much undue pressure on the shield surface???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I got mine Today and the Finish around All outside edges is Superb and if I had not followed his thread I would Not have even noticed the unfinished edge inside the vent Because it looked fine to me!!

My question is Since the stock has built in washers and I will use the Stock (Cut about 2 inches) in the summer I am assuming People purchased small rubber washers similar to the stock ones when they installed the Calsci?
    Without rubber washers I would think you would get TWO much undue pressure on the shield surface???
    You take the washers out of the stock and use them in the CalSci. If you are going to be switching them between windshields, I would recommend purchasing new ones for the the CalSci.

Spyder Garage

I don't have a CalSci on the 2010 RT, but I did have one on our first Spyder, a 2008 SE5. That was the first mod thing I changed on the Spyder when I brought it home. We are highway riders, not sport riders. The CalSci received 43,000 miles of travel in rain, desert heat, bugs, etc., and never failed us. It performed as advertised without issues. I am satisfied with the stock windshield on the RT, but the CalSci would be an improvement which I may consider in the future. After all, this is a motorcycle (a cycle with an engine), there will be wind effects, rain effects, dust effects, bug effects. If you are a rider that doesn't want these effects, maybe you should consider just driving your car.
    Last edited by Dudley; 12-07-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Went for a 50 Mile (All Highway 65-75 MPH) it was cold, breezy , 40 degrees and almost ready to rain any second!!

The Calsci was everything people say- There was still some wind on the sides of my shoulders (I have a 48 inch chest)
    BUT the cockpit area in front of me and around my head AND back of my head was Really peaceful (Almost Tranquil).

The build of the Windshield is more solid or firm in the bracketts than the stock 2012 RT windshield.

You do get a Decent stream of air through the vent but the Helmet windshield keeps it off your face- I think in summer with no Helmet Faceshield and only sunglasses it will be a Welcome breeze!!

I wonder what a Stock 2012 RT windshield used 1,500 miles would be worth? Is there a Market for such?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!