Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "Ride" wins!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderrx View Post
    I like option 2. The good thing about the windshield is with 4 screws you can change so easy! UPS says my calsci will be here Wednesday.
    You're right....3 minutes and it's back to normal.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,

Spyder Garage

Default CalSci

Do you look over or through the windshield with a medium? I am 5'11" and was trying to decide on the large or xl. I have the BRP 25" touring and the side deflectors but get a terrible exhaust smell because of backdraft. I was told this shield would solve that problem. Do you have the side deflectors?
    I look just over the top and I have no deflectors on my bike now. So far, haven't needed any.

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "Off-Season"??? Does such a thing exist??
    Off season for us Yankees Bob means when they close the schools for a snow day.
    Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While all of the "frozen-brains" are out chumming for "Champie"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    1,000 miles on XL Calsci and love it. I originally ordered the medium based on chart. But had severe head bobble. Call Mike and returned the meduim for XL...No questions asked. Mike shipped same day that he received the exchange. Awesome customer service IMHO.
    XL on your RSS? how tall are you and are you looking thru the shield or over it?
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default JUST ORDERED MINE

Quote Originally Posted by Rar View Post
    Hubby (Adirondack Mike) got me a Cal-Sci windshield for my birthday and he installed it today. Now, I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to ryding in the wind. I dislike, but can manage the sustained winds. The gusts throw me off balance and make me grab on. There have been beautifully sunny, but very windy days when I don't ryde because I hate the wind that much.

I just returned from a ride along the lake where the winds were about 15 mph. I could tell it was windy as the jacket under my arms was flapping. (I had a denim jacket). I kept waiting for the scary gusts. If there were any, I didn't feel them. Both the Spyder and my body were perfectly stable in the wind. In fact, I didn't even feel a need to brace myself in any way. I can't believe I'm hoping it will be windier tomorrow, so I can test it again.

As for the clarity- no problems whatsoever. I highly recommend this windshield. It is going to make a huge difference in my riding. If you're on the fence about purchasing one for your Spyder, don't be. You won't be disappointed. I LOVE it.
    Ya sold me! I ordered mine on Wednesday. Will be here by Monday. My biggest issue with the stock RT-S windscreen is the NOISE ... from the wind, from the road, and from the muffler. All noises seem to converge right behind the stock windscreen and funnel into my helmet. Am looking forward to more comfortable rides, starting next week.
    Thanks for the good review.
    CapNcrunch

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by major911 View Post
    XL on your RSS? how tall are you and are you looking thru the shield or over it?
    I believe the XL is a few inches talker than medium. Im 6'0 with 33 inseam and look over it. My wife is 5'2 and looks thru it.

"Tigger" 2011 RS-S Alloy Orange/Matte Black (hers)
    "Hammer Head" 2012 RoadGlide Custom (his)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    . My biggest issue with the stock RT-S windscreen is the NOISE ... from the wind, from the road, and from the muffler. All noises seem to converge right behind the stock windscreen and funnel into my helmet.
    I'm looking for a quieter ride; without having to leave the Missus at home!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just talked to mark at calsci and he said I would need a XL on a RS I am 5'11. I hope everyone on here is right and this is the bomb.com. I will let you know next week when I get it and after old blue gets out of the shop. I have to put it in today, I am getting a check transmission message. I hope there is nothing big wrong it only has about 3600 miles on it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck, an I hope that you can spring Old Blue from the dealers soon!
    I'm gonna have to talk with you some about "Dune"...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No problem, that is my favorite movie of all time. My wife tries runs everytime shes sees its on tv somewhere.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll send you a PM so as not to hijack the thread...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WINDSHIELD

I made my own for my 08 GS a long time ago.....then bought the RSS and needed something for that...I lucked out and got a slightly used F-1 ( not made any-more ? ) at a great price......it works for me...it's 30 inches from the "V" to the top with all sorts of curves molded into it.....Mike...

Spyder Garage

Default Calsci

I'm 5' 11" with a 31" inseam. I received my XL Calsci today and all I can say is:

WOW, WOW and WOW!

I love this windshield! I probably would have been satisfied with the large but decided at the last minute to get the XL since I sit on a seat pad.

You owe it to yourself and your passenger to get a Calsci.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default How about some photos

How tall is the new windshield???? I am looking for one that is about 26 in. tall
    Dave
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Quote Originally Posted by Rar View Post
    Hubby (Adirondack Mike) got me a Cal-Sci windshield for my birthday and he installed it today. Now, I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to ryding in the wind. I dislike, but can manage the sustained winds. The gusts throw me off balance and make me grab on. There have been beautifully sunny, but very windy days when I don't ryde because I hate the wind that much.

I just returned from a ride along the lake where the winds were about 15 mph. I could tell it was windy as the jacket under my arms was flapping. (I had a denim jacket). I kept waiting for the scary gusts. If there were any, I didn't feel them. Both the Spyder and my body were perfectly stable in the wind. In fact, I didn't even feel a need to brace myself in any way. I can't believe I'm hoping it will be windier tomorrow, so I can test it again.

As for the clarity- no problems whatsoever. I highly recommend this windshield. It is going to make a huge difference in my riding. If you're on the fence about purchasing one for your Spyder, don't be. You won't be disappointed. I LOVE it.

Spyder Garage

I received my Calsci XL windshield last week, I'M 6'4", installed it quickly, cleaned it up, and it is GREAT

I still get a little buffeting across the top of my head (which is fine) but the major difference between the stock windshield and the Calsci windshield:

1) stock windshield: when the wind picks up, you and your ryde feel the buffeting and back draft (or whatever its called)

2) Calsci windshield: when the wind pickS up, only your ryde feels it, I am NOT being tossed around on my seat

oh, and another thing... with the Calsci windshield I can actually hear the radio....

THANK YOU!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Just bought the XL Cal-Sci. Will be here Friday. Hope she works good.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Just bought the XL Cal-Sci. Will be here Friday. Hope she works good.....
    Got my XL calsci in today and installed. Rode from work to home but it was raining so haven't had a chance to really test yet. Will Ryde some tomorrow and report back.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Got my XL calsci in today and installed. Rode from work to home but it was raining so haven't had a chance to really test yet. Will Ryde some tomorrow and report back.

Will be awaiting your feedback.....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I should be receiving mine tomorrow, but won't be able to install it until the SPyder gets out of the shop. They were supposed to start working on it yesterday or today. I hope I hear something to day and it is good news.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome!

The difference this windshield has made is unbelievable! I rode to work this morning around 5AM and realized I never put my helmet visor down. I didn't need to with all the protection this windshield provides from the wind! With it all the way down, I am looking OVER the top, not through it. This windshield allows me to ride with it all the way down with a similar feeling of the OEM when it was around 1/3 of the way up. The CalSci blocks much more of the shoulders and arms than the OEM. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that it eliminates too much of the wind! I might need more wind flow in the summer.
    The bottom line is it's AWESOME!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    The difference this windshield has made is unbelievable! I rode to work this morning around 5AM and realized I never put my helmet visor down. I didn't need to with all the protection this windshield provides from the wind! With it all the way down, I am looking OVER the top, not through it. This windshield allows me to ride with it all the way down with a similar feeling of the OEM when it was around 1/3 of the way up. The CalSci blocks much more of the shoulders and arms than the OEM. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that it eliminates too much of the wind! I might need more wind flow in the summer.
    The bottom line is it's AWESOME!
    You're really making me excited about mine with a post like this. You might want to decrease the size of the "awesome" word at the end, gets my hopes up just a little.....LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys sure are making this tougher on me...
    Windshield/ BajaRonBar???

Spyder Garage

Spend it while you got it, you can't take it with you!