Spyder Garage

Default Motor/engine temp

Just got my rt back from my dealer, it was in for routine service at 4600 miles, dealer made the comment to me that the history showed that my engine reached a temp of 249 degrees............. I have no idea what that number means, any help would be appreciated, runs fine and has from day one. Your thoughts!!

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Water boils at 212 degrees. A 50:50 mix of antifreeze and water boils at 220 degrees. With a 15 psi cap, a 50:50 mix boils at 265 degrees. What your tech was telling you is that your Spyder overheated once, or got close to it. If your gauge never went in the red and you didn't get limp mode, it was probably a momentary electronic glitch. If it only happened once, I wouldn't worry about it.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Motor/engine temp

Thank you, i was a little concerned, but your explanation was great

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you bike got pretty hot but not hot enough to trip the limp mode or actually over heat I would not worry too much. What probably happened was when after a pretty hot ride you turned off the bike the temperature would rise, that's why the fan stays on for a bit, and you hit a high recorded temp but since the bike was off the nanny was not awake!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    If you bike got pretty hot but not hot enough to trip the limp mode or actually over heat I would not worry too much. What probably happened was when after a pretty hot ride you turned off the bike the temperature would rise, that's why the fan stays on for a bit, and you hit a high recorded temp but since the bike was off the nanny was not awake!
    Thanks

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Can the dealers print out these reports for us?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question: Can the dealers print out these reports for us?
    Yes, my dealer prints out a report every service interval on my RPM history showing at what engine speed it has spent most of it's life.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)