Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Wind? What wind?

Hubby (Adirondack Mike) got me a Cal-Sci windshield for my birthday and he installed it today. Now, I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to ryding in the wind. I dislike, but can manage the sustained winds. The gusts throw me off balance and make me grab on. There have been beautifully sunny, but very windy days when I don't ryde because I hate the wind that much.

I just returned from a ride along the lake where the winds were about 15 mph. I could tell it was windy as the jacket under my arms was flapping. (I had a denim jacket). I kept waiting for the scary gusts. If there were any, I didn't feel them. Both the Spyder and my body were perfectly stable in the wind. In fact, I didn't even feel a need to brace myself in any way. I can't believe I'm hoping it will be windier tomorrow, so I can test it again.

As for the clarity- no problems whatsoever. I highly recommend this windshield. It is going to make a huge difference in my riding. If you're on the fence about purchasing one for your Spyder, don't be. You won't be disappointed. I LOVE it.
    Last edited by Rar; 09-25-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield