Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth dongle 2013

Anyone know how this installs in the RTS?

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John Wispinski View Post
    The RTS is the same as the RT but with a few more options. the install is the same.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    The RTS is the same as the RT but with a few more options. the install is the same.
    Actually, the ealy model base RT doesn't have an audio system, so it would also have to have been added for the earlier versions.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Actually, the ealy model base RT doesn't have an audio system, so it would also have to have been added for the earlier versions.
    I stand corrected. Let me amend my answer. The install on any version of the RT containing an audio system would be identical, It is designed to mount in the front trunk, but many folks seem to prefer the rear.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Dongle

Does this mean that it just has to be inserted into the electrical socket such as where you insert the Ipod cord in the trunk? I have asked the local BRP dealership here in Edmonton, Alberta but they do not seem to know yet how it works. For instance does it need any special wiring such as when you have the GPS installed. I have just been reading about it in the new 2013 catalog but it doesn't really describe very much about the device and I can't find very much online.Thank you for your assistance.

Spyder Garage

Does this mean that it just has to be inserted into the electrical socket such as where you insert the Ipod cord in the trunk? I have asked the local BRP dealership here in Edmonton, Alberta but they do not seem to know yet how it works. For instance does it need any special wiring such as when you have the GPS installed. I have just been reading about it in the new 2013 catalog but it doesn't really describe very much about the device and I can't find very much online.Thank you for your assistance.
    The device does nothing more than stream the audio output from your system to up to two bluetooth devices.

The BRP kit comes with two mounting brackets and proprietary cabling. You plug the cabling into your radio by the right saddle bag and run it to the front trunk. drill a hole, and run the wire through the hole. mount the unit and attach the cabling.

Alternatively, run it to the rear trunk, drill a hole next to the ipod cable run it through there and mount it inside with the sticky mounting plates included in the box of the SM10. Given the rear already has a media interface, it makes a lot more sense to install it in the rear. it is also a much simplified install over front trunk installation.

Spyder Garage

You can get the SM10 cheaper from the Revzilla website. It is listed for $111.75

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...eo-transmitter

I also found this information from the Sena webpage. It looks like you can get a cable for the Canam spyder as well as other brands.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

Spyder Garage

I ordered the Bluetooth Dongle from BRP and had the dealer install it. This way the dongle is covered by the 2 year warranty.

I looked at just getting the dongle from another source but I didn't see anyone who carried the cable needed for the Spyder.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    You can get the SM10 cheaper from the Revzilla website. It is listed for $111.75

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...eo-transmitter

I also found this information from the Sena webpage. It looks like you can get a cable for the Canam spyder as well as other brands.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

the problem is if you check their online store, the Can-Am cable is not listed for sale, and, its a cable that plugs into the ipod port versus a cable that plugs into the system
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Dongle for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    the problem is if you check their online store, the Can-Am cable is not listed for sale, and, its a cable that plugs into the ipod port versus a cable that plugs into the system
    That would be the wrong cable you are looking at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here is a link to another post about the Dongle:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...tions-Answered

Lyonsden also provided a link with the installation instructions in the first post. I have installed it on my RT-S and found that it was not difficult and works great.
    Chuck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BypE...eGM/edit?pli=1

Here are the BRP installation instructions for the dongle. It says on the instructions whats available separately and the BRP harness is not . The harness that Sena is selling looks like that it plugs into the rear I pod port as the connector is a 7 pin plug.

Spyder Garage

Can I use this blue tooth dongle to connect my blue tooth phone to my wired BRP headsets.
    I'm having problems with the cell phone adapter.............AGAIN......................... ......
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Can I use this blue tooth dongle to connect my blue tooth phone to my wired BRP headsets.
    I'm having problems with the cell phone adapter.............AGAIN......................... ......
    No. you use the bluetooth adapter to connect your music to bluetooth headsets.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Dongle

Wonderful comments everyone. Most helpful. I checked with my BRP dealer and wanted to know if the am/fm radio on the RTS would play thru to the Sena SMH10 communicator using the Garmen Zumo 660 that they sell without having to spend extra money on the bluetooth dongle. Alas, the answer was that it would not. So to get what I want (gps and radio in my helmet) I need to install both the GPS and the dongle. Well nobody said it would be cheap!
    Thank you again everyone for the great comments...............

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SENA Bluetooth Dongal

I just installed the SENA SM10's on both of my bikes, and the SMH10's on our helmets. And I didn't buy any of it from BRP. I Paid $502. for (2) SM10's, for (1) SMH10D Headsets and one Intercom cord for the Harley Ultra Classic. The cord for the ST- Limited came with it. I installed all of it in (1 Hour) EVERYTHING UP AND RUNNING (30 Minutes later) Remember that price ( $502.00 delivered from Amazon ) Wife and I went riding Monday and her and my bikes worked great, it took a little getting used to the knobs and buttons. I wouldn't buy it from BRP, it's a waste of your money. And hooking it up on her ST Limited took 10 minutes.

Registered Users
    Tucson, Arizona (winter), Burwell, Nebraska (summer)
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP gives you a very long cable...

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    http://www.spyder.brp.com/files/neut...0458_FT_TH.jpg

From the picture, it seems to be the SENA SM10, which sells for $120 on the web. BRP will see it for $250.

I guess that for $250 you also get a very good cable.

...Ben...
    actually they do, it's very long, and pretty and plugs into the radio at the rear of the machine and leads to the frunk where BRP recommends installing it. Also comes with an extreemly nice looking dongle bracket, charging cable and installation fittings....whoops, forgot the instruction book too....LOL Such a deal !

"a non current rider on a black currant spyder"

Spyder Garage

Default BT Dongle and Intercom

[QUOTE=CurrantRyder;595934]actually they do, it's very long, and pretty and plugs into the radio at the rear of the machine and leads to the frunk where BRP recommends installing it. Also comes with an extreemly nice looking dongle bracket, charging cable and installation fittings....whoops, forgot the instruction book too....LOL Such a deal !

Silly question here....does the BRP dongle setup with BT headsets also allow you to talk between driver and passenger?

thanks for the help!
    Just remember: "It will feel better when it stops hurting!"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

sorry if this has been covered... wife has a 2012 RT-S, I have a Goldwing. I am looking into Sena SMH10 for both her, and I and sm10 for bothe bikes. the wing is easy. it's already wired for headsets. the SM10 looks like it plugs into a headset jack. What do i need to do add to the Spyder to get the headset jack? or, just bite the bullet and go the Can am route ?

Thanks
    John