Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Trade in value 2012 LTD for a 2013 LTD

I call the dealer I got my 2012 RT LTD
    i ask him about a trade my 2012 with 3200 miles
    For a 2013 he look in his nada book and told me 19000.
    I look in the book I seen 28848.00 by the time I add shock, sway bar
    should I just trade it in. I know he make a mistake.
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll bet he didn't make a mistake. My dealer told me about 5 months ago $17,000 for my 2011 RT. Tradein they don't give much.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are looking at retail values not trade-in. NADA doesn't show trade in on their free site and KBB doesn't have values listed for 2012
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Dont forget, he needs to turn that trade in into a profit. He will turn it around for 23k once the new 2012's are gone.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

If that is the case I love my 2012 even more. I just got it in July this is Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Dont forget, he needs to turn that trade in into a profit. He will turn it around for 23k once the new 2012's are gone.
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Typical low-ball offer that many car salesmen pull just to see if they can catch a naive owner, hot for a new model!
    Best to just walk away smiling than even try to negotiate. You will be surprised when they call you back and say they made a mistake and offer you 2-3k+ more for your trade. Unless you are in a hurry, the longer you delay the more likely you will get a reasonable deal.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer is right

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Typical low-ball offer that many car salesmen pull just to see if they can catch a naive owner, hot for a new model!
    Best to just walk away smiling than even try to negotiate. You will be surprised when they call you back and say they made a mistake and offer you 2-3k+ more for your trade. Unless you are in a hurry, the longer you delay the more likely you will get a reasonable deal.

You can buy a new 2012 limited for 22600 with dealer prep included. And there are loads of them at the dealers. Anyone who thinks they are getting 28 needs to go to eBay and look at the prices or call some of the dealers in Texas. Or NY.

They are practically giving away the 2012s at this point and the price is not going to recover any time soon. Stinks if you own one but 19 is about right.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'd wait and see how much of the 2013 modifications are able to be back fitted first before trading and losing thousands of $$$. For instance Elka shocks $650 to $1000, depending on model and sway bar from Baja Ron $350? Floorboards for the driver $250? All in all say $2,000 to Farkle up a '12 and have a pretty good ride. The new wheels and fenders may even fit too! But I don't see the need.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not a fan of being a ginny-pig. It seems each year they change everything and problems arrise from the changes. I sure hope I'm wrong making that statement for all the wannabie newbies just dying to test-drive and buy the new and improved 2013 Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am happy to keep my 2012 RT limited acquired in July.Its crazy to purchase any vehicle new and trade it in a few months later.The initial devaluation has to be round 25percent.Each year there is going to be some new innovations.I personally would look to changing in a few years if and when they update the model completely and have a bigger engine.
    Ofcourse if I win the lottery that would be a different matter.Then I would have an RS .St and RT's in every color.

Ivor

Spyder Garage

Default Trade in value 2012 LTD for a 2013 LTD

No trading here, really satisfied with my 2012 RT Ltd

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

What does a 2013 have that would cause you to trade your new 2012 at a huge loss? I personally do not think the changes are worth it MHO.
    Last edited by cougar; 09-25-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Trading in a 2012 owned only a few months on a new 2013 is probably not a good idea, based on the fact that you will lose a ton of money. I lost a lot when I traded my 08 for one of the premier edition 2010 RT-S models.

You do tend to lose 25 to 30% when you drive it off the lot.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I tend to wait until the warrantee is almost up and then either extend it or trade for a new model.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    What does a 2013 have that would cause you to trade your new 2012 at a huge loss? I personally do not think the changes are worth it MHO.

I haven't seen anything on the 2013 RT Limited that is different other than the floor boards. Did I miss something? I like the adjustable handle ars but wern't they on the RS and ST models only?
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post

I haven't seen anything on the 2013 RT Limited that is different other than the floor boards. Did I miss something? I like the adjustable handle ars but wern't they on the RS and ST models only?
    The BRP site has a Build & Price feature on it now. Most of the new accessories that are available are on there. Handlebar option for an RT is $ 750 for black and $ 915.00 for chrome. Drivers Floorboards..................$ 1150.00, no I am not "sheetin" ya!

Senior MOMENTS Member
    Spyder Garage

Default OUT-SOURCE NEW PARTS

Guys and Gals

Anyone interested in out-sourcing some of these new parts or even interested in designing new styles and special items?
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Trade in value 2012 LTD for a 2013 LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    The BRP site has a Build & Price feature on it now. Most of the new accessories that are available are on there. Handlebar option for an RT is $ 750 for black and $ 915.00 for chrome. Drivers Floorboards..................$ 1150.00, no I am not "sheetin" ya!
    Almost a 2k increase in price and you still have to add the adjustable bar for $750+? Yikes! $1150 for floorboards? That'll Keep our sponsors happy and in business.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Almost a 2k increase in price and you still have to add the adjustable bar for $750+? Yikes! $1150 for floorboards? That'll Keep our sponsors happy and in business.

Well.............yes and no it depends what model you start with. The RT-S comes with the boards already in the price. But yes several of our sponsors appear to have justification for a large price hike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    Well.............yes and no it depends what model you start with. The RT-S comes with the boards already in the price. But yes several of our sponsors appear to have justification for a large price hike
    The RT-S SE5 comes with floorboards @ an additional $1600. Not that it's a bad value for both, but the price increase is across the board. The limited was listed as starting at 28.5 for 2012 and almost 30 for the 2013. That seems less extreme than across the lower models.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It would seem more would be included, considering the price hike, but some of that is based on the power of the dollar.

hopefully when things settle down, we'll see some better resale values for our existing ones.... Probably not.
    Last edited by MidLifeCrisis; 09-25-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Bingo!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Still love my 2011...

Miles to go before she sleeps...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I'd wait and see how much of the 2013 modifications are able to be back fitted first before trading and losing thousands of $$$. For instance Elka shocks $650 to $1000, depending on model and sway bar from Baja Ron $350? Floorboards for the driver $250? All in all say $2,000 to Farkle up a '12 and have a pretty good ride. The new wheels and fenders may even fit too! But I don't see the need.
    This is what I have in mind for my Spyder. I just received the windshield, which was the top item on my list. Next, I'm thinking of the Elkas and the sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Default Price increase

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    The RT-S SE5 comes with floorboards @ an additional $1600. Not that it's a bad value for both, but the price increase is across the board. The limited was listed as starting at 28.5 for 2012 and almost 30 for the 2013. That seems less extreme than across the lower models.

It looks like the US prices went up across the board but the Canadian prices held about the same for 2013. That still makes our Canadian prices 8 or 9 percent higher, but has reduced the incentive to buy in the US and import it home.

2018 F3 LIMITED