Spyder Garage

Question Burning question

Have looked at every picture, including rotating views on BRP's site and could not tell if there are changes to the radiator heat venting. The top vent is there ......is the lower vent?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I'll be filling in the missing details on my first post. Hold on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'll be filling in the missing details on my first post. Hold on.
    Thanks man

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The devil is in the details...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Question

Waiting?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Waiting?
    If I could ever stop answering the other questions I could finish but I have emails, PM's, phone calls, text, and Facebook messages and chat that kept me up till 3am last night. I'm working on it but if you really can't wait contact your dealer and have him fill in the blanks.

Spyder Garage

If I could ever stop answering the other questions I could finish but I have emails, PM's, phone calls, text, and Facebook messages and chat that kept me up till 3am last night. I'm working on it but if you really can't wait contact your dealer and have him fill in the blanks.
    Ouch! Sorry. Saw you were taking the time to answer others questions and rebukes and after waiting a month for BRP to NOT answer my request for help - thought I'd ask you.

Again, didn't mean to step on your toes. It's just that it IS a major issue for some of us.

jer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post

Ouch! Sorry. Saw you were taking the time to answer others questions and rebukes and after waiting a month for BRP to NOT answer my request for help - thought I'd ask you.

Again, didn't mean to step on your toes. It's just that it IS a major issue for some of us.

jer

I didn't realize you were ready to buy a new unit if they had done something with it. On the units I rode there was no issues, guess I should have said that from the start. Not sure if they changed anything but I really don't have an issue on my 2012 or my 2010. Seems like I remember them saying that they did something for the passenger heat from the exhaust but I just looked and can't find any documentation on that.

I'm not sure if you already have any of Spyderpops heat management parts but they work quite well.

Sorry if I was snappy but it's been a bad week and a long night. Maybe I just need to go for a ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Burning question

Yeah lets just ride

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Not to mention a son who just went through a life threatening experience. We have a right to be whatever we are under those circumstances.

I just got back from my dealer. He has two salesmen at the BRP fan fair. They are presently in a business meeting up there getting all of the details. I would imagine that most dealerships will have $$$ (numbers) together with other specific details. Once the dealers (my dealer) gets the numbers, I'm going for it.

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 09-24-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Additional iinfo

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RELAX

I'm not taking for Lamont,
    ' But Relax guys he has a lot going on right now, I don't even know how he has the time and presents of mind to even post about the Spyder at this time.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know the real life availability timeline?

ViperWolf (work ryde & play ryde)
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac

Spyder Garage

I didn't realize you were ready to buy a new unit if they had done something with it. On the units I rode there was no issues, guess I should have said that from the start. Not sure if they changed anything but I really don't have an issue on my 2012 or my 2010. Seems like I remember them saying that they did something for the passenger heat from the exhaust but I just looked and can't find any documentation on that.

I'm not sure if you already have any of Spyderpops heat management parts but they work quite well.

Sorry if I was snappy but it's been a bad week and a long night. Maybe I just need to go for a ride.
    Thanks. Nothing changed. That's that.

And......for what it's worth, I do realize you have been under a lot of stress recently and I, like everyone else, get that. Been there too.

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...?43651-Opinion

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...r-Solution-for
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 09-24-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

This link

http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/u...-am-spyder-rt/

Was posted by jschw80141 in another thread, nice article mentions new heat management for driver and passenger.

For 2013, BRP has added a host of new features across the lineup. At the heart of the changes is a new chassis that delivers even more comfort and performance for the touring enthusiast. The new chassis features revised front-end geometry that, combined with a revamped front suspension calibration, improves overall cornering and handling. That isn’t all. Every Spyder RT model now comes standard with AM/FM stereo and rear passenger controls, and an updated heat shield for more driver and passenger comfort. All models also have larger front wheels (15 inches) and lower-profile front tires. New this year is a full Brembo braking system with larger calipers and larger brake discs, and a next-generation BOSCH ABS — all of which combine to give the Spyder RT an improvement of 10 percent on its braking distance.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Harry! This has been a burning question for a lot of the folks in here...
    (Did I REALLY just type that? )

Spyder Garage

http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/u...-am-spyder-rt/

Was posted by jschw80141 in another thread, nice article mentions new heat management for driver and passenger.

For 2013, BRP has added a host of new features across the lineup. At the heart of the changes is a new chassis that delivers even more comfort and performance for the touring enthusiast. The new chassis features revised front-end geometry that, combined with a revamped front suspension calibration, improves overall cornering and handling. That isn’t all. Every Spyder RT model now comes standard with AM/FM stereo and rear passenger controls, and an updated heat shield for more driver and passenger comfort. All models also have larger front wheels (15 inches) and lower-profile front tires. New this year is a full Brembo braking system with larger calipers and larger brake discs, and a next-generation BOSCH ABS — all of which combine to give the Spyder RT an improvement of 10 percent on its braking distance.

harry

Thanks harry. That must be the cat heat shield Lamont was talking about and could'nt find information on. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the radiator vents.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that Faran mentioned that heat wasn't an issue when she was riding...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I think that Faran mentioned that heat wasn't an issue when she was riding...
    Was it in 90 to 110 degree temps?

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Jerbear;519870]

I just wondered if they ment the Windshield (The new vented one) as that would possibly give more driver and passenger comfort
    they may have mixed up Windshield with Heatshield
    No doubt as we get more information all will become clear - Just like a windshield

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question BRP Site

Hey guys i cant even find a new pictire of the 2013 on the BRP site until tomorrow whats up with that how has everyone else seen some sneek peek shots?
    Mike