Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ST 2013

1. Brembo brakes: performance bike racing, in the Ferrari and Maserati cars too.
    2. Front fenders: suspiciously looks like Vertika front fenders.
    3. Front suspension: better than Elka 5's? A long test ride must be schedule.
    4. Akrapovic exhaust: high performance.
    5. Mirrors: nice design.
    5. Seat: not important.
    5. Windshield: not important.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Default a few ST questions

Can anyone comment on real life availablity, meaning when can I see one at my Nashville dealer, and potentially drive away on it?

Also wondering with BRP accessories, how close can I get a ST-S to a ST-Limited.

My budget can swing the ST-S, but would like the radio/ipod, Zumo and saddlebags to be added on later, a little at a time.

Thanks

ViperWolf (work ryde & play ryde)
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac

Spyder Garage

Nothing in the 2013's would cause me to pop my checkbook out. My warranty is good until 2015….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't see anything mentioned regarding heat management. The convection oven ports, top and bottom appear the same from the pics. If the right port really has a grill for 2013, it would seem BRP has provided a good marshmellow stick holder.

Good to see the much needed suspension improvements and adjustable side vents. Can't wait to add on what I can, or get the Elkas, sway bar and now 15" wheels and call it a day.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    I don't see anything mentioned regarding heat management. The convection oven ports, top and bottom appear the same from the pics. If the right port really has a grill for 2013, it would seem BRP has provided a good marshmellow stick holder.

Good to see the much needed suspension improvements and adjustable side vents. Can't wait to add on what I can, or get the Elkas, sway bar and now 15" wheels and call it a day.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...700#post519700

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oops! I should stop working and keep up with the posts. Hadn't seen the other thread yet. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Oops! I should stop working and keep up with the posts. Hadn't seen the other thread yet. Thanks.
    Don't stop working

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I like the ST. If I had waited on buying the 12, I probably would have gotten the ST.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

I'm looking forward to seeing the new models at the bike show in February.

Spyder Garage

Default Interchangeable parts

Hmmm... makes me wonder if any of those black 2013 parts will be interchangeable to a 2012. Wheels, peg mount casting etc?

Have been considering blacking out those areas on my RT-s

Daryl A Rausch
    Fire Chief & Emergency Management Director
    Monroe, Wisconsin
    "Cheese City"

"It ain't easy being Cheesey"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

15" wheels... Probably to make room for the bigger discs and new Brembos!
    There might be some issues; but nothing that a wheelbarrow-full of cash couldn't solve!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Can the newly designed suspension be put on the existing RT's???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There were some frame changes made'm just not sure what they were...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Let me explain it like this. As you get older you tend to move toward Florida as your final resting place. The RT is like moving to Florida and the ST is for those who are not quite ready for their final resting spot.
    Dam, I bought the Wrong Machine

Spyder Garage

i have done a lot to my 2011 RTS, but when i sit on the seat(Ultimate) and look down the road, all i really want is reliability, good mileage, music, handling, and Power. it looks like the handling has been addressed, the music was already great, so 2016 should give them enough time. perfect timing!!! when did you say they are going to anounce the 2016 product line ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Just going to wait..

I'm going to wait until the Demo Tour comes to town to make any choices.

Spyder Garage

EH ! I'll hold off on comment until I've seen/rode one. Wish list for 2014 toploading rear bags and 1200cc
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    EH ! I'll hold off on comment until I've seen/rode one. Wish list for 2014 toploading rear bags and 1200cc
    I'll respectfully cancel part of your vote. I wouldn't buy a machine with top-loading bags...or footboards as standard equipment. There are two sides to every story.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Scotty,
    Why no "toploaders"?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Scotty,
    Why no "toploaders"?
    I have never liked them. Limited access to contents, and you can't remove something from the bottom without turning everything inside-out or removing half of it from the bag.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have never liked them. Limited access to contents, and you can't remove something from the bottom without turning everything inside-out or removing half of it from the bag.
    And on the other side I have both top loaders and side loaders and I don't use my side loaders at all except for things I don't need to get to very often. I hate that everything has to be stuffed in and there's no way to put the stuff you don't need to often on the bottom and the stuff you need right away or all the time on the top like I do my top loaders. I'll take a top loader any day over a side load.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is a bit tough to stuff a full-face bucket into a toploader anyway... I've had both; being such a Klutz I prefer toploaders only because what I drop usually finds its way into them. If they open up on the road; nothing falls out!

Spyder Garage

Well, looks like I picked a great weekend to be completely cut off from the internet.

Now that I've returned... can't really add much that hasn't been said before. Sadly, count me in the department of the underwhelmed (but not disappointed-- although I was wrong about the ST being a hybrid, the ST is pretty much exactly as I expected, a very modest styling and function upgrade).

The best I can say about the ST is that it looks as if BRP put out a "pre-upgraded" RS that would have saved me some of the trouble I went through in upgrading my RS to be a sport tourer in its own right. Given the amount of money and modding time I spent on my bike after I got it, it would have been plenty nice to get a bunch of those modded items straight from the factory and made all pretty-looking.

That said, like others have said, any one of the three things that would have REALLY wowwed me weren't addressed: more range, more power, or a leaner. In fact, count me with those who can't comprehend how any manufacturer can justify simultaneously adding weight *and* reducing HP... it boggles the mind, it does.

Bottom line: it's a nice evolution, if I were buying new today I'd almost certainly buy the ST over the RS, but it's absolutely nowhere near enough to get me to trade in my RS as it's modifed today. Guess I'll be waiting a few more years to see what BRP comes up with next.
    Last edited by daveinva; 09-25-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That said, like others have said, any one of the three things that would have REALLY wowwed me weren't addressed: more range, more power, or a leaner. In fact, count me with those who can't comprehend how any manufacturer can justify simultaneously adding weight *and* reducing HP... it boggles the mind, it does.

Bottom line: it's a nice evolution, if I were buying new today I'd almost certainly buy the ST over the RS, but it's absolutely nowhere near enough to get me to trade in my RS as it's modifed today. Guess I'll be waiting a few more years to see what BRP comes up with next.

I could not have said this any better myself...My 08 GS stays till they step up...larryd

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like my Seal Floorboards will take little if any modifying to fit the new RT so you will be able to enjoy a FULL Floorboard that extends out give the Hwy. comfort of forward pegs. I will be offering an ST version as soon as I can get my hands on one. I'm not very tall but I need to stretch out farther than just up to the fenders. I need to really...........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards