Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
    Everyone,

Here is a VIP link to the SweepSTakes, you'll have a VIP access to the website once in the sweepstakes.

https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder...99692176758015

Good luck!
    No good for us in the UK - BRP Wants to increase sales in the UK but we don't get the same level of promotion
    Never been able to enter the competitions Canada/USA Only

Maybe this thread will be read by one or more of the BRP Exec's and they will consider all non-Canadian and USA Owners
    the Spyder is popular in Europe

Thanks

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bodymanpainter View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree with you.
    No new motor?? Where is the innovation?? 2014??

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Congrats to BRP on the 2013 upgrades. Does it inspire me to want one, NOT! From what I have read they have created an in between model that will give some an option between sport and touring. The Rotax 990 has been a good solid engine but for me lacks the low end punch (Torque) needed to push the RT without revving the heck out of it. A new engine with bigger displacement might be in the cards but I would think marketing has kept it behind until BRP gets hungry for more sales. They will flog this engine until they can't anymore. I am not looking for a road burner in an engine but a low revving, multi cylinder (smooth) torquey engine. I never like the belt drive either. Funny how BRP has shaft drive in their ATV's but not on the Spyder! Does Profits come into the equation? Big Time!!

Spyder Garage

Default Well done Can-Am!

Well I for one love what BRP has done here! The next evolution has me very excited and I have two 2012 RSS and this will make me think very hard about a couple STS, just from looking at the photos and reading Lamont's review. Thanks Lamont for taking the time! any idea when they hit the showroom?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    All the Spyders including the RT have a new frame, new brakes (Brembo), redesigned suspension, next gen BOSCH ABS system, larger wheels (15")

And there is a fully adjustable handlebar for the RT and I mean fully. You have three bolts that will allow you to move the bars in or out and forward or back. There's a new vented windshield and new adjustable side vents. Trust me it's not the same animal. I rode as hard as I could and had a hard time kicking in the VSS.
    It makes sense Lamont.Although it looks similar from your description of having thrown it about sounds like its a different bike to ride altogether.
    The suspension and breaking system are the main things I would really like to have.
    Oh well! have only had my 2012 3 months so will enjoy it for the next year or 2 and perhaps trade up if a bigger engine appears eventually.

Ivor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Evolution; not revolution...
    NOW I want to see some hard specs. They changed the front suspension... HOW?
    The colors are pretty and the RT 'Boards look nice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    Congrats to BRP on the 2013 upgrades. Does it inspire me to want one, NOT! From what I have read they have created an in between model that will give some an option between sport and touring. The Rotax 990 has been a good solid engine but for me lacks the low end punch (Torque) needed to push the RT without revving the heck out of it. A new engine with bigger displacement might be in the cards but I would think marketing has kept it behind until BRP gets hungry for more sales. They will flog this engine until they can't anymore. I am not looking for a road burner in an engine but a low revving, multi cylinder (smooth) torquey engine. I never like the belt drive either. Funny how BRP has shaft drive in their ATV's but not on the Spyder! Does Profits come into the equation? Big Time!!
    Could a step up from the RT be in the making? America loves muscle but will the same machine sell in Europe? Is the ST the European RT? It will be interesting to see where the demand is once the showrooms are stocked. That fender on the ST is just plain...weird. Like the idea of the lighting, hopefully its that and not a reflector, from the side. The existing RS headlights are just plain hard to see oncoming in the daylight. Hopefully these lights will make us look bigger on the road.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Let me explain it like this. As you get older you tend to move toward Florida as your final resting place. The RT is like moving to Florida and the ST is for those who are not quite ready for their final resting spot.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!! I used to like you.

On a serious side, my dealer opens at 9:00 A.M. It's 8:17 A.M., right now.

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 09-24-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default The new 2013 Spyder RT ST and RS

I like the ST, it is exactly what I turned my 2011 RS into, after spending a few grand.
    Don't take me wrong, I understand the natural evolution of a product, specially for a company that is out there to make money (and they all are), but IMHO the old Spyders work well all around, except for the motor/transmission department. A super-high-revving-mid-sized engine, with just 5 forward gears and ONLY 120 miles to a tank does not cut it after a four or five years in the market, and most Spyder owners know those are the bike's real short comings.
    I love MY Spyder and I will not "upgrade" into a new model until a better motor/trani comes along from BRP.
    Not disappointed, just not excited 😒

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hrbeta View Post
    I like the ST, it is exactly what I turned my 2011 RS into, after spending a few grand.
    Don't take me wrong, I understand the natural evolution of a product, specially for a company that is out there to make money (and they all are), but IMHO the old Spyders work well all around, except for the motor/transmission department. A super-high-revving-mid-sized engine, with just 5 forward gears and ONLY 120 miles to a tank does not cut it after a four or five years in the market, and most Spyder owners know those are the bike's real short comings.
    I love MY Spyder and I will not "upgrade" into a new model until a better motor/trani comes along from BRP.
    Not disappointed, just not excited 

Spyder Garage

Let me explain it like this. As you get older you tend to move toward Florida as your final resting place. The RT is like moving to Florida and the ST is for those who are not quite ready for their final resting spot.
    Now thats funney !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hrbeta View Post
    Not disappointed, just not excite

I agree,

Spyder Garage

Default Like the country song...

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Well Elkas and a Ron Sway bar will still cost less than a new RT!
    As George Jones sings:

"Pour me a drink, then just one more and then another......"

The never ending process applies to most bikes, even my 1983 V45 Magna - putting new signal lights on a 30 year old bike!

Tuck

Spyder Garage

All the Spyders including the RT have a new frame, new brakes (Brembo), redesigned suspension, next gen BOSCH ABS system, larger wheels (15")

And there is a fully adjustable handlebar for the RT and I mean fully. You have three bolts that will allow you to move the bars in or out and forward or back.
    will any of these items be usable on a 2012 RT? like the adjustable handlebars?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    will any of these items be usable on a 2012 RT? like the adjustable handlebars?
    I'm pretty sure the adjustable handlebars, the vented windshield and the adjustable side wings will work on all year RT's. I don't have an official word on that but we should know soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those adjustable bars look VERY interesting...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure the adjustable handlebars, the vented windshield and the adjustable side wings will work on all year RT's. I don't have an official word on that but we should know soon.
    and the floorboards?

thanks!!

looking forward to your posts after you sort your way thru your mountain of questions, etc.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Love the analogy Lamont

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And the RS's already in Florida move to Brazil?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

I just got back from my dealer (as I said I would be there at 9:00 A.M.). They don't have any real numbers at this point. Two of the salesmen are at the BRP event in Warshington D.C. and are getting the specifics including the $$$ numbers. Hence, I was unable to conduct business at this point.

I did ask questions about when they, the new RT's , would be available, etc. A general answer was probably late December, but more realistically February.

Soon to come though.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brp disappoints again... Plus $2000 price hike.

"I" don't like ST's awkward looking console/cougar head and its features are pretty much what people did with RS with aftermarket products. I guess brp took the hints but failed to address 2 things people wanted most, longer range and/or more power.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Would also like to know if the floor boards are available on the manual 5 speed models and are they retro-fittable to later model RT's?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmcbow View Post
    Would also like to know if the floor boards are available on the manual 5 speed models and are they retro-fittable to later model RT's?
    The boards are for the SE only on all models. I'm pretty sure they will not work on any of the older Spyders but I have a call in about that as it is one of the most asked questions.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Stuff

Now you're talking!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default You have dealers open on Monday?

I don,t even know how far I would have to drive to find a dealer open on Monday.

Floorboards for only the SE models is one of the most disappointing announcements of all. I am only interested in the manual models, so thanks for taking a Sh\t on my head BRP.