Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

As previously stated, when mine was replaced 2 wks ago, I had the same fears because I had heard they cud go out again. The svc tech said the latest and third update has finally taken care of it. Your dealer should know which update they did, and please keep us posted! Very interested in whether the problem is now solved.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post
    From one AF guy to another - I like your helmet!!!
    Thanks. Got it at a bike shop a friend owns. You should see the one he has for SWA vets.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Need ya'lls help with this........again

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The service bulletin specifies changing out the throttle body if any of four throttle body related codes appear.
    What service bulletin?

I really need to know as I just signed up for a 4 day ride in November, from Dallas to Memphis and back. In my joy of the moment I was suddenly reminded of the codes my bike has been throwing, and the joy is fading into fear. How do I get my dealer (who is a complete and total jerk) to change out the throttle body? Suggestions most welcome!
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fliight Risk View Post
    What service bulletin?

I really need to know as I just signed up for a 4 day ride in November, from Dallas to Memphis and back. In my joy of the moment I was suddenly reminded of the codes my bike has been throwing, and the joy is fading into fear. How do I get my dealer (who is a complete and total jerk) to change out the throttle body? Suggestions most welcome!
    Sorry, I don't remember the number of the latest one, and I don't have a copy. maybe Lamont can help you.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Info on Service Bulletins Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Sorry, I don't remember the number of the latest one, and I don't have a copy. maybe Lamont can help you.
    I emailed with Lamont and he isn't sure what you are referring to. Could someone tell me how to locate these "service bulletins" you mentioned?

If I asked my dealer about them point blank, he "wouldn't know what I was talking about".
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

I emailed with Lamont and he isn't sure what you are referring to. Could someone tell me how to locate these "service bulletins" you mentioned?

If I asked my dealer about them point blank, he "wouldn't know what I was talking about".
    The original information was given in Warranty Campaign 2011-0008 (Service Bulletin 2011-7). That covered the "Throttle Body Validation & ECM Update". That was for the first throttle body update. I do not know if there was a later service bulletin issued with the latest update, perhaps not. In that case WC 2011-0008 would apply, using the latest ECM update. PM me your email address and I can send you a copy of that bulletin. Sorry that your dealer is a dud.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default OMG!!!! Check Engine/clanging/noise for the THIRD ^&%#&^%@#% TIME!!!!

As Scotty and some other mentioned, it was a matter of "when" not "if" the Throttle Body issue would pop up again.........it did, today!!!!!!! Thanks to Scotty for sending me a "Bulletin" regarding this very matter. According to the bulletin, the dealership/service department did NOT read, if any one of 4 codes are thrown, the entire throttle body et all needs to be replaced. The dealership that just cleared the codes and did the updates were told by me of the P1614. Did they say they needed to replace this stuff, no. Did they just send me on my way? Yes. I called them yesterday about this bulletin and they said they would call me back. Did they? No. I called in again today and was told to bring it in. I call my sister to follow me to the dealership. I gear up, start the bike and the banging shaking metal sound started AGAIN!!! I wasted her valuable time and woke up my entire neighborhood with a raunchy, off color rant at the top of my lungs!!! Third time in under two weeks!!!!

Again, they can't pick up my bike (2011 RTS SE5) until Friday. I asked that they order the parts now (they probably didn't) so that I wouldn't lose even more time due to their inability to give a damn. and after I !!!! The fact that this bulletin came out in 2011 makes it even worse.

I will be looking for another dealership after this.....even if it is out of the way.

Thank you all for your assistance. Hopefully this will fix the problem.......crossing fingers.
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default NTY

Hey Flight...seriously consider North Texas Yamaha. They have one of the better service techs in the metroplex. And even the counter jockeys actually know what you're talking about when you ask them questions. I'm more than willing to drive the 45 min out of my way for competent service. Can't be that much further for you, might even be shorter.

2011 Spyder RT A&C SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dib52 View Post
    Hey Flight...seriously consider North Texas Yamaha. They have one of the better service techs in the metroplex. And even the counter jockeys actually know what you're talking about when you ask them questions. I'm more than willing to drive the 45 min out of my way for competent service. Can't be that much further for you, might even be shorter.
    Dib, that is exactly the dealership I intend to use. I just need a back way to get there. I don't want any part of I35...190 is bad enough.

The MC group I ride with usually takes off most every weekend from Hwy 78 and 544 which should be near you in Wylie. You should join us sometime!
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default @#$#$# dealership!

My (not for much longer) dealership just picked up my Spyder. THANKFULLY, this time when I started it up it was doing the clanging/banging/shaking thing in front of one of their techs!

As most know I have been trying to get this Throttle Body issue dealt with for several weeks. I had to push them to replace it, after quoting the service bulletin to them. The service manager AKA Owner is the one who offered to pick it up. I was just informed that I get to pay $45 for that luxury.

If I can switch to another dealership after this, one this is much farther away, I will.

The people who work there are nice, the owner is a jerk!

Pray that they don't mess this up.....
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

My (not for much longer) dealership just picked up my Spyder. THANKFULLY, this time when I started it up it was doing the clanging/banging/shaking thing in front of one of their techs!

As most know I have been trying to get this Throttle Body issue dealt with for several weeks. I had to push them to replace it, after quoting the service bulletin to them. The service manager AKA Owner is the one who offered to pick it up. I was just informed that I get to pay $45 for that luxury.

If I can switch to another dealership after this, one this is much farther away, I will.

The people who work there are nice, the owner is a jerk!

Pray that they don't mess this up.....
    Do you have BEST + Warranty?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Do you have BEST + Warranty?
    Jerbear, no I don't have that warranty. Next month will be 1 year of owning it.

How does that warranty work? After paying for the warranty, do I pay the dealership for work done then get reimbursed by the warranty agent?

Believe me, I have really been thinking about this lately! As always, your input is much appreciated!
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Question

How does that warranty work? After paying for the warranty, do I pay the dealership for work done then get reimbursed by the warranty agent?

Believe me, I have really been thinking about this lately! As always, your input is much appreciated!
    Both of these sponsors offer the BEST and BEST Plus. I've heard Berts is very helpful and will explain the differences between the two plans. And, also hear they offer it a fair price. Can be purchased for 1, 2, or 3 additional years. FWIW I have the 3 additional years and BEST plus.

Here's a PDF link to the BEST pamphlet. Examine it carefully or you'll miss important bits and pieces of information.

http://spyder.brp.com/Files/en-US/Pd...on_Florida.pdf

Links to sponsors.

http://www.bertsmegamall.com/

http://hondaeastsuperstore.com/Store...t=2&key=spyder

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

The BEST warranties work just like the BRP original warranty. The dealer just enters it into the system. You would pay a $50 deductable, which some dealers will waive. Multiple deductibles may apply for several simultaneuos, unrelated claims.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I forgot to tell ya'll that I did get a new throttle body on my bike and I did take the 4 states in 4 days ride. We rode through Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas then stopped in Memphis partied and returned home. All back roads except when going into Memphis proper. While in Searcy, Arkansas.....guess who found me and my group at a little Mexican food restaurant? Faran of the Fantastic Five Can Am Ambassadors......what a sweet girl!

My first overnight road trip..........FANTASTIC!!!

This past weekend here in Dallas was the Progressive International Motorcycle Show and I got to meet Lamont and see Faran again. That was the cherry on the ice cream!
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5