Spyder Garage

Default Brake Fluid Leak

Hello All , please forgive me if this is a repeat question . RT has set for waaaaay too long ... Yesterday I decided to put a new battery in and get it going . Battery installed and boom , Im on the road . Im getting a brake fluid error C0049 . So understanding that this was a simple fix , A little DOT4 fluid in the front resovoir should fix me right up ... Pour a little in , it goes straight through on the concrete ... UGH I hate taking off all these side panels . Anyone else experience this ?

Wendell

Spyder Garage

Wendell, just the side panels off most likely won't even let you see the problem, you'll likely need to remove the entire rear section to visually inspect the reservoir / hoses for cracks / leaks.
    I just had to remove the back following instructions here and on Youtube and though it helps to have two people to lift it off it wasn't much harder than the panel removal.
    I used an ACS Compressor replacement video on youtube by SL member Granpot (You'll only need to go through the panel to rear assembly removal and then have a wide open view of the
    Brake fluid Reservoir
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Sorry you are going to have to take the panels off and look for the leak. Do not get reports of leaks very often. Except on 2013 models that have not had the heat recall done. You don't say what year yours is. Be careful brake fluid will strip the paint. So wash off the painted parts. By the the exploded part view lots of places to look.

brakes.JPG

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The front tank is for the rear brakes. Remove the side covers first to look at the master cylinder area. The fluid can travel far from the actual leak point, so be thorough in your investigation. I'd you must remove the rear section, it isn't that hard, just cumbersome. You'll need help.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

FYI, Rear section removal, my wife an I did this together, she thought it wasn't heavy at all. We did empty both sides and trunk.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

My RT is a 2010 Model .. I think I will start with the side panel ...