Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: ANTI-SWAY BAR

  1. #1
    Senior Member MikeinGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default ANTI-SWAY BAR

    BajaRon installed his new anti-sway bar on my 2011 RS-S and No more hard leaning in the turns, No more getting pushed around when passing a large trucks on the highway, and it makes my Spyder easyer to ride over all. Instead of spending $800.00 to $1,300.00 for shocks the BajaRon anti-sway bar is under $200.00 and it works.

    Mike

  2. Thanks Ga Blue Knight thanked for this post
    Me Too Dan_Ashley Me Too
  3. #2
    PostZilla member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    50,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Now the rest of us are waiting for his RT offering...

    Out with the old; in with the "WOO-HOO "
    2014 RT Limited: #2444: Born on Jan 30th, 2014

  4. Likes Rar, AbNormy liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member MikeinGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

    Now the rest of us are waiting for his RT offering...

    Bob

    If the RT works as good as mine you will very happy. He puts a lot of time into R & D and comes up with great product. It does not stop the nanny from doing it's job, if you push it into a hard corner to fast the nanny will slow you down keeping all three tires on the ground.

    Mike

  6. #4
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    7,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It is amazing what a good Sway Bar will do. People ask me all the time, 'What will I get if I put your Sway Bar on my Spyder?'. It is hard to really give a true picture of what happens to your Spyder when you install one of these sway bars. Fortunatly, or unfortunately, you really have to ride it to get the full effect.

    We can talk all day about flatter cornering, keeping both front wheels firmly on the pavement, better control and feel in a turn, etc. But all of this is intellectual data. I see people walk away scratching their head, maybe discussing it with their passenger or friend, not really sure whether or not the sway bar is something they would appreciate.

    Yet, when an owner installs a sway bar and rides it down some twisties or in strong cross winds or passes a few semi's at freeways speed, they come back with this huge smile and it's such a great feeling because I can see on their face that they now know exactly what that sway bar is doing.

    The funny thing to watch is how they then struggle to accurately describe to others, the very things that had them scratching their head before the install.

    Sales are fine and I will admit I love developing and selling product. But customer satisfaction is something that you just can't put a value on. That satisfied look is priceless!
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...



  7. Likes smoky, Dan_Ashley, Hayfield, Rar, CyncySpyder liked this post
  8. #5
    PostZilla member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    50,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We're all just trying to figure out how we're going to explain what's going to happen, to the Missus!

    Out with the old; in with the "WOO-HOO "
    2014 RT Limited: #2444: Born on Jan 30th, 2014

  9. Likes Tiny1 liked this post
  10. #6
    Senior Member major911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Island, FL
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It is amazing what a good Sway Bar will do. People ask me all the time, 'What will I get if I put your Sway Bar on my Spyder?'. It is hard to really give a true picture of what happens to your Spyder when you install one of these sway bars. Fortunatly, or unfortunately, you really have to ride it to get the full effect.

    We can talk all day about flatter cornering, keeping both front wheels firmly on the pavement, better control and feel in a turn, etc. But all of this is intellectual data. I see people walk away scratching their head, maybe discussing it with their passenger or friend, not really sure whether or not the sway bar is something they would appreciate.

    Yet, when an owner installs a sway bar and rides it down some twisties or in strong cross winds or passes a few semi's at freeways speed, they come back with this huge smile and it's such a great feeling because I can see on their face that they now know exactly what that sway bar is doing.

    The funny thing to watch is how they then struggle to accurately describe to others, the very things that had them scratching their head before the install.

    Sales are fine and I will admit I love developing and selling product. But customer satisfaction is something that you just can't put a value on. That satisfied look is priceless!

    How difficult is the install?
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

  11. #7
    Senior Member MikeinGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by major911 View Post
    How difficult is the install?
    Not a bad job. Remove trunk, disconnect wires, disconnect cable for trunk lid and four bolts to remove the trunk. Then remove old anti-sway bar, install new one and making sure the new one is centered to the frame. BajaRon did mine at Lamonster BBQ, I help him do it. It's the best mod that I did to my 2011 Spyder RS-S SE5. It's makes it easier to ride on winding roads and on the highway. To bad your are not closer to my house, so you could test ride mine.

    Mike

  12. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It is amazing what a good Sway Bar will do. People ask me all the time, 'What will I get if I put your Sway Bar on my Spyder?'. It is hard to really give a true picture of what happens to your Spyder when you install one of these sway bars. Fortunatly, or unfortunately, you really have to ride it to get the full effect.

    We can talk all day about flatter cornering, keeping both front wheels firmly on the pavement, better control and feel in a turn, etc. But all of this is intellectual data. I see people walk away scratching their head, maybe discussing it with their passenger or friend, not really sure whether or not the sway bar is something they would appreciate.

    Yet, when an owner installs a sway bar and rides it down some twisties or in strong cross winds or passes a few semi's at freeways speed, they come back with this huge smile and it's such a great feeling because I can see on their face that they now know exactly what that sway bar is doing.

    The funny thing to watch is how they then struggle to accurately describe to others, the very things that had them scratching their head before the install.

    Sales are fine and I will admit I love developing and selling product. But customer satisfaction is something that you just can't put a value on. That satisfied look is priceless!
    With a 2011 RT and Elka shocks, will I feel a difference with the new sway bar?

  13. #9
    Senior Member mike3069's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When I installed Ron's sway bar on my RS, I noticed the improvement in the handling on the FIRST corner. I went through the 90 degree corner at the light 1/4 mile from home and was instantly aware of how much more responsive the bike was.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

  14. #10
    Senior Member cjackg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga TN & Tipton Creek NC
    Posts
    1,418
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brodyson View Post
    With a 2011 RT and Elka shocks, will I feel a difference with the new sway bar?
    An RT with Elka's will see some improvement particularly in extreme curves, swerving, and at faster speeds, but likely not as effective as on an RS. I have been using an Evo swaybar on my RT and the benefit is minor because that bar is the same size as the oem bar.

    The new RT swaybars such as the Aussie and BajaRon's bar have increased bar size and should be significantly more effective.
    Last edited by cjackg; 09-26-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  15. #11
    Senior Member mrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast Australia
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Not a bad job. Remove trunk, disconnect wires, disconnect cable for trunk lid and four bolts to remove the trunk. Then remove old anti-sway bar, install new one and making sure the new one is centered to the frame. BajaRon did mine at Lamonster BBQ, I help him do it. It's the best mod that I did to my 2011 Spyder RS-S SE5. It's makes it easier to ride on winding roads and on the highway. To bad your are not closer to my house, so you could test ride mine.

    Mike
    Many people have fitted these without removing the trunk completely. If you have some ramps so you can work under the Spyder you can remove the lower bolts and lever the trunk up enough to install (I am told - I have a GS)
    Martin - Oz Spyder #930

  16. #12
    Senior Member serf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just purchased the sway bar last friday and it got here monday! wednesday night and i've got everything but the skid plate back on. i can't wait to give it try tomorrow! first time taking off the frunk was a little scary but i've had worse. i will definitely start a thread tomorrow to let everyone know how it goes.

  17. Likes Hayfield, smoky liked this post
  18. #13
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    7,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serf View Post
    I just purchased the sway bar last friday and it got here monday!wednesday night and i've got everything but the skid plate back on. i can't wait to give it try tomorrow! first time taking off the frunk was a little scary but i've had worse. i will definitely start a thread tomorrow to let everyone know how it goes.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...



  19. #14
    Senior Member serf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I only got to take it out for gas but it was a lot more solid in the round a bout and corners I hit. I will definitely give a bit more of a review tomorrow when I take it to work with me and hit the country afterwards.

    As far as install it took me about four times longer to get the trunk and old bar off than to put the new bar and frunk back on. I have never taken my spyder apart before so I was a bit nervous... that being said it was pretty simple and at times an illustration might have helped but it wasn't that bad. Did give me an excuse to buy new tools

  20. Likes AbNormy liked this post
  21. #15
    Senior Member major911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Island, FL
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serf View Post
    I only got to take it out for gas but it was a lot more solid in the round a bout and corners I hit. I will definitely give a bit more of a review tomorrow when I take it to work with me and hit the country afterwards.

    As far as install it took me about four times longer to get the trunk and old bar off than to put the new bar and frunk back on. I have never taken my spyder apart before so I was a bit nervous... that being said it was pretty simple and at times an illustration might have helped but it wasn't that bad. Did give me an excuse to buy new tools
    I'm thinking I'll wait for the next event and have Ron install mine...
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

  22. #16
    Senior Member serf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would definitely recommend Ron's anti sway bar to anyone. After a four hour drive out in the country the spyder stayed flat in the twisties and improved control. If you are looking at improving the handling in the turned and are on the fence between a bar or shocks...the bar definitely works with at a fraction of the price of high end shocks. I really can't believe the difference the bar has made.

    The install wasn't to bad. Just take your time and read through the instructions before you start. Having the right tools makes a huge difference. A professional grade ratchet and sockets really helps.

    This was typed on my phone so some errors are likely.

  23. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mission BC Canada
    Posts
    624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Many people have fitted these without removing the trunk completely. If you have some ramps so you can work under the Spyder you can remove the lower bolts and lever the trunk up enough to install (I am told - I have a GS)
    Yes, I installed my Evo bar this way. Easy. Didn't bother with a ramp either.

  24. #18
    Member rrman01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Many people have fitted these without removing the trunk completely. If you have some ramps so you can work under the Spyder you can remove the lower bolts and lever the trunk up enough to install (I am told - I have a GS)
    agree with martin when i installed mine all i did was put on trolley jack and undid a couple of bolts put a wedge in and presto old one out and new one in opps also i forgot what size are the bars thickness i mean cheers
    Last edited by rrman01; 10-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.

  25. #19
    Senior Member Littlebadwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We didn't have to take the trunk off to put the sway bar on Cindi's RS...Learned that the first time when we put the EVO swaybar on mine...Ron...Nice product by the way.

  26. #20
    Senior Member sabunim5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola Beach, FL
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Yes, I installed my Evo bar this way. Easy. Didn't bother with a ramp either.
    +1 No need to remove the trunk.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

  27. #21
    Senior Member KX5062's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For me, I looked it over carefully and found removing the trunk to be the easiest way to go about the project.

    No jacking or lifting necessary. Interestingly enough, I discovered one of the two lower frunk mounting bolts was missing.

    Major props to Baja Ron for a quality product!!!!

  28. #22
    Senior Member major911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Island, FL
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    BajaRon installed his new anti-sway bar on my 2011 RS-S and No more hard leaning in the turns, No more getting pushed around when passing a large trucks on the highway, and it makes my Spyder easyer to ride over all. Instead of spending $800.00 to $1,300.00 for shocks the BajaRon anti-sway bar is under $200.00 and it works.

    Mike
    I have my stock shocks set at 5 for handling but it makes for a very bumpy ride. Would adding the sway bar allow me to back the shocks off to 4 and still have the stability but with a little softer ride?
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

  29. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just took the plunge and placed my order. Figured this many riders can't be wrong. Fingers crossed

  30. #24
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    7,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by major911 View Post
    I have my stock shocks set at 5 for handling but it makes for a very bumpy ride. Would adding the sway bar allow me to back the shocks off to 4 and still have the stability but with a little softer ride?
    With the sway bar installed you should be able to drop your shock springs down 1 or 2 notches and recover a smoother ride. It will also return the suspension to the proper ride height.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...



  31. Thanks major911 thanked for this post
  32. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    waco/texas
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default We sure talk alot about ron

    You need to just get one of his swaybars, they are great , so easy to instill on a RT , my wife could do it. REALLY.Only 6 body screws,and 6 bolts on the swaybay,And wow what a safer ride ,no being tossed around by the wind ,big trucks, ect, like going from a suv to a porsche,now think about that, sometimes it felt very top heave in the corners, but now its like a porsche on rails,im sure if you dont like the way it rides after installed , on of the RT owners will buy it from you in heart beat.Ride on ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG017-2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	61524  
    james sims

  33. Likes MikeinGA liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •