Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Got a call from BRP!

Friday got a call from Emily at BRP. I don't know why other than she wanted to know how I liked my RT-S, if I was was having any problems with the unit or my dealer, what improvements I would like and what accessories I've added. I really like my RT-S and have put over 13k on it in 2 years. I gave her an honest of my whole experience with my dealer(s) and BRP including the problems I had actually trying to get my local dealer's sales people to get me an RT-S, the annoying problem with the GPS only talking thru the external spkrs and dealer taking a week or more to get normal services done. We also talked about what I liked about riding it. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes. And she told me when I take it back to the dealer for the gps problem (again) to call her when I drop it off and they will open a file and get the problem resolved with the tech. I also don't the AVC is not working and may be related to this problem which I think is related to the unit not being setup correctly at the the dealer I purchased it from. Hopefully I'll get it in soon. An appointment is always required.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default BRP call

got the same call we talked for 1/2 hour about the whole spyder experience good good and good. minor problem just experienced starter button becoming harder and harder to start she gave me a case # and my dealer called me to set up app. for a fix.will let you know results capt jim

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I really do wish they'd call me. I've got some good suggestions.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd love an invite to this party also!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

#1 on my wish list is built In Bluetooth. That supports both stereo, cb communication and rider/passenger intercom. Oh and phone.
    #2 reposition the mirrors on the rt so the view isn't blocked by the handlebars.
    #3 top loading saddle bags. I'm sick of losing stuff on the freeway when they won't stay closed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with your #3 for sure!

Spyder Garage

Default call

I'd love an invite to this party also!and to talk to BRP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe since there's over 9000 of us; we should try to talk to Lamont about setting up something???

Spyder Garage

I am curious about your comment on the handlebar blocking the mirrors, probably one of the best things i like about my RT (2012 ltd) is that they seem to me to be the absolute best mirrors i have ever had on a m/c, i just sat on my RT and could not get the handlebars in the way???? I am about six foot 225 lbs and sit rather straight up on the spyder.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default MIRRORS?

Same thing with me! It's one of the features that made me look twice at an RT. Big mirrors
    at the right spot and very solid. You can actually recognize who's riding behind you. I back up with my trailer using the mirrors only.
    Just love them!

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dig the placement of them also; I just wish that the mounting method was more... secure!

Spyder Garage

Default auto volume control

Quote Originally Posted by pwilbarger View Post
    Friday got a call from Emily at BRP. I don't know why other than she wanted to know how I liked my RT-S, if I was was having any problems with the unit or my dealer, what improvements I would like and what accessories I've added. I really like my RT-S and have put over 13k on it in 2 years. I gave her an honest of my whole experience with my dealer(s) and BRP including the problems I had actually trying to get my local dealer's sales people to get me an RT-S, the annoying problem with the GPS only talking thru the external spkrs and dealer taking a week or more to get normal services done. We also talked about what I liked about riding it. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes. And she told me when I take it back to the dealer for the gps problem (again) to call her when I drop it off and they will open a file and get the problem resolved with the tech. I also don't the AVC is not working and may be related to this problem which I think is related to the unit not being setup correctly at the the dealer I purchased it from. Hopefully I'll get it in soon. An appointment is always required.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Assuming that AVC in the above is auto volumn control, thumb thru the menu choices and it's on the adio page or whatever it's called. There is a choice to disable the AVC. Mine and several others had somehow gone to disable, simply reset it and it'll work again. No magic, it's just hidden.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

There was a previous thread also talking about this. I mentioned my talk with Emy which lasted about 45 mintues also.

It appears they want to know what we think is both the good and bad about the Spyder.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The bad... I don't get to ride it enough

Spyder Garage

Oh no, i agree with Bob

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'1". When my mirrors are positioned where they need to be, my handlebars, especially my left ones including the clutch handle, block a fair mount of the middle insides of the mirror, right where I need to see behind me. Moving them out or up would be nice.

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Just got my call from Emily also. Was nice to be able to express issues I have been having and lack of response from dealer and manufacturer. Don't think it will do any good, but at least I felt better talking to "Da Man" or "Da Mam".
    She also set up a case number for a transmission issue I am having. Hopefully it will help having a senior tech already assigned once I bring it in to the dealership.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

Whats a clutch handle??? I knew they left something off my RT ltd SE5. Headed back to the dealer to get my................what did you call that thing again?

Cruzr joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Spyder Garage

Got the call today. Told them we love the bike but not the dealer service with problems and the heat on my right foot. The gentleman also said he would call back tomorrow to help take care of the parking brake problem that it has been to the shop 4 times to fix and still isn't. All in all a good talk and it's nice to see that they are trying to address some of the problems.

Spyder Garage

I got a call too. Was busy so I blew it off...damn

Daryl A Rausch
    Fire Chief & Emergency Management Director
    Monroe, Wisconsin
    "Cheese City"

"It ain't easy being Cheesey"

Spyder Garage

"I got a rock".

OK...you all know that quote...right?

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Had mine a few weeks ago, and like others about 45 minutes plus to discuss good and bad. Reviewed my maintenance history they had on file and want to make sure all was working well. Great service in my opinion as they are not afraid to opening up that "can of worms".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    I'm 6'1". When my mirrors are positioned where they need to be, my handlebars, especially my left ones including the clutch handle, block a fair mount of the middle insides of the mirror, right where I need to see behind me. Moving them out or up would be nice.
    Well, I for one hope they don't move them up. If I have to stand on tippy toes to see behind me I'll know who to blame. Let's hear it for the little guys, uh? (I'm right here, standing alongside this garden snail).
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 09-11-2012 at 06:52 AM.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Geoff, Is that YOU??

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got a call from Jeff at BRP last week and had a great conversation with him. I told him that one of the big things they need to work with is their dealer network, there are some great ones out there and then there are some that are way less than great......even horrible...... at least with mechanics and service issues. I told him that I love the Spyder and that we have over 73,000 miles on it and he said that was the 3rd highest mileage of people that he had talked to. He was very receptive to ideas that I had for what I would like to see on future models like a 6th gear, more accessible or remote grease fittings on front "A" arms, top opening bags on the RT and some other things that I can't remember now. I also asked if customers are ever invited to "Club" and he said he wasn't sure but to talk to my dealer and thought that it sounded like a good idea to get some customer input directly to some of the higher eschelon of BRP. He was very friendly and I enjoyed talking with him.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around