Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mick ruhdorf View Post
    [QUOTENow that everybody is getting all warm and fuzzy over highway pegs... take a look at the thread on brake levers and be reminded that your right foot is now going to be nowhere near where it needs to be when the hits the fan.

Just sayin'...]
    well theyre for the highway not around town ,i have noticed that i can use the brake from them with my heel if the need arises on the highway.
    just sayin
    cheers mick [/QUOTE]

Yup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Go with what you want but I have had the ESI hiway pegs for 3 years and they have done just fine. BTW, I weight 270 lbs.
    I will say, if you are short or of average height, the ESI pegs are probably going to be too far forward for you.
    Since I am 6' 4" with 34" inseam I need a footrest position quite far away from the original position. That means, that the KewalMetal and Rivco highway peg mounts are out of the race - too close to the standard footrest!

I think the mounting position of the ESI footrest would be a perfect fit for me, but I not quite sure about the rigidity ...

My main problem here in Germany is, that I am not able to take the parts in hand to decide which way to go. I have to make my decision by looking at pictures in the Internet and by reading user reports. Therefore, I really appreciate all your comments.

Regards,
    Alex

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Since I am 6' 4" with 34" inseam I need a footrest position quite far away from the original position. That means, that the KewalMetal and Rivco highway peg mounts are out of the race - too close to the standard footrest!

I think the mounting position of the ESI footrest would be a perfect fit for me, but I not quite sure about the rigidity ...

My main problem here in Germany is, that I am not able to take the parts in hand to decide which way to go. I have to make my decision by looking at pictures in the Internet and by reading user reports. Therefore, I really appreciate all your comments.

Regards,
    Alex
    As I said, Alex, I like mine a lot. They are pretty far forward and they spread your legs out a bit. I got used to that and they became very comfortable for me. I'm 6'6" but a little shorter inseam than you. As I recall, 2" links are available to add more flexibility in the positioning. Remember, they are hiway pegs. You will be resting your feet on them, not to be used to mount or dismount. They are to far forward to be used for mounting anyway. I had no problem with the rigidity. The ISCI pegs are nice, as they should be. I don't know anything about the Lightning Performance. I've never seen those.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

@ Trickie Dick:

You have
    convinced me I'm going to order the ESI foot rest brackets. I think, I will not need any kind of risers. I guess that configuration will be the most stable one?!

Could anybody confirm, that the Kuryakyn ISO-Wing Mini Boards (part number 7563 - gloss black) and the Short Magnum Peg Mounts (part number 7563 - gloss black) will fit to the ESI foot rest brackets?

Regards,
    Alex

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    @ Trickie Dick:

You have
    convinced me I'm going to order the ESI foot rest brackets. I think, I will not need any kind of risers. I guess that configuration will be the most stable one?!

Could anybody confirm, that the Kuryakyn ISO-Wing Mini Boards (part number 7563 - gloss black) and the Short Magnum Peg Mounts (part number 7563 - gloss black) will fit to the ESI foot rest brackets?

Regards,
    Alex
    I hope they work for you as well as they worked for me. AS I said, it took me a few rides to get used to them. AS far as the Kuryakyn gear, I see no reason why they won't fit. I use the Rivco pegs on mine but that's just my choice.
    Good luck and keep 'er between the ditches.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Hello,

now I have orderded the Kuryakyn ISO-Wing Mini Boards, the Short Magnum Peg Mounts and the ESI foot rest brackets.

I'm really curious about how it will work out ...

Regards,
    Alex

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Red face Highway Pegs

Hi Sue,

I went with KewlMetal mini boards that you can use as highway pegs. That's what I did. You might want to check them out. They are very stable, adjustable, and I love them, too, because I was able to customize the design for a minimal cost. No cutting involved. They are attached to the frame. I lost one of my pegs from the vibration coming from the Spyder. I was very lucky to have found it on the road. I used Loctite to make sure that would not happen again. So far no problem. Also, I believe they are a sponsor on this site as well as many other peg manufacturers. Hope you find the right ones for you.

Motorcycle Mama
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

Hello,

yesterday I have mounted the CustumDynamics Highway Footrest Brackets. ==> Link

Since I have to fix some of the heat protection stuff on the inside of the plastic panels, I was not able to finish the job completely. I will test the footrests as soon as I have put everything together and post a feedback here.

Kind regards,
    Alex

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Home made Hiway pegs

They look really good. Would you mind sharing the detail for them? I'm pretty handy I just need the dimensions and where/how they are installed. Thank you so much.
    Master1309
    Quote Originally Posted by rider2554 View Post
    I made a set for my RS. Not hard to do, didn't even have to take a panel off to install. I mounted mine to the frame using a 34 inch piece of one inch hollow steel bar. Enclosed are what mine look like. Maybe have about $20 and about 3 hrs of work. If you want more detail, let me know.

Spyder Garage

I looked at them all and went with Rivco and love them.

PI have a pic click the link below.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Pegs-to-the-GS

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Highway pegs for RS

These are CD brakets, no need to put allot of weight in these. 3in extensions. I love them.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Hiding in plain sight..!!

Agree that all the vendors attached to this site are a source, if you google them, Amazon has them as well as e-bay. I don't like them but they are out there..happy shopping
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rider2554 View Post
    I made a set for my RS. Not hard to do, didn't even have to take a panel off to install. I mounted mine to the frame using a 34 inch piece of one inch hollow steel bar. Enclosed are what mine look like. Maybe have about $20 and about 3 hrs of work. If you want more detail, let me know.
    Can u tell me what u maint it to under the bike

Spyder Garage

Default SUZY

SUZY,
    make your own.... it will be fun, and once completed, you will be so proud of yourself, you'll want to scream.... trust me, I KNOW....
    i scream alot.....

here are the ones i made for my RS....
    SAM_0700.jpg SAM_0701.jpg SAM_0703.jpg SAM_0705.jpg

i purchased a set of 'rear' pegs from my local SPYD3R dealer, then fabricated the mounting bar... i welded 2 pieces of angle iron to the frame, and bolted the mounting bar with thru bolts as seen in pix 3 & 4... then i assembled the 'pegs' to the bar, and off i rode into the wild blue younder..... with the OEM pegs, my 'foot boards' and 'pegs' i have 3 positions for my feet, and believe me, at 66, i need to move around or i cramp up and it hurts.... JUST DO IT girl....

Spyder Garage

I have used the custom dynamics and then switched to the seal floor boards. They were not very hard to install (please note that I DO NOT do mechanics so I had a friend install them.)

The biggest problem was the sensation that my foot would slip off the peg. One thing that I should have done was put a lip or some type of heel catch.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    I'm looking for highway pegs, not running boards for my RS. I've searched the forum to no avail.
    Who makes the pegs and hardward to install them forward on the RS? I'd like to no have to cut holes in my tupperware, but recognize that may not be possible. I saw Lamont's setup for the RT, but another poster asked if it would work on an RS, and was told "no".
    After my 1000 mile weekend, I'm fairly convinced the pegs would relieve hip and knee pain.

Thanks! Sue
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible