Spyder Garage

Default Utopia Backrest and Comfort Seat

I have a lava bronze 2012 RT LTD with the black seat. Is this a "comfort seat"? The Utopia site shows different cover materials and I want to be sure to get the correct match.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If your seat is stock then it is not the BRP Comfort Seat. The catelog states that the Comfort Seat comes standard on the RT, but that is incorrect, I asked my dealer about this when I purchased my 2012 Ltd and he said it was a misprint in the catelog.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default Comfort Seat

I have the Lava Bronze w/tan comfort seat. The stock Ltd seat has the embroadery on the front top of the seat, my comfort seat does not have that lettering on it. It is plain.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    I have a lava bronze 2012 RT LTD with the black seat. Is this a "comfort seat"? The Utopia site shows different cover materials and I want to be sure to get the correct match.
    I have the same as you and am also going to buy the backrest.The one that matches the seat exactly is the more expensive $278 approx although the cheaper one matches the ribs.I think it's worth it to pay the extra few dollars.
    Ivor