Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Hey Hey . Hope all goes well with round 2 ! You are in our .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Man, I thought I had it bad traveling 35 miles for my 3-wheel MSF class. Nothing in the panhandle at all? Wow!

Two and a half times cancer survivor here. Ewings in left femur at 19 and bladder at 43 that recurred immediately and needed a different treatment regimen to evict successfully. Ten years okay now. Hang in there, Erags. There's light at the end of this pin-cushion routine.

Spyder Garage

Ed and Cheryl, on the new RT Limited and does Mr. Clean have eyebrows? Best wishes on round two of chemo and my are with you.

Brian (PCBeachBum)
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

on the new RT. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go with you for a speedy recovery, and many miles on the ,s.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Ed and Cheryl, does Mr. Clean have eyebrows?

Brian (PCBeachBum)
    For the time being, Mr. Clean has eyebrows! I just didn't have the heart to shave his trademark bushy eyebrows off! Doc says this round of chemo should do it, though. We thought it was pretty funny that Mr. Clean's DAD insisted Mr. Clean was not his son today...we're not sure who he thought he was, though! We are still trying to figure out how to get our new bike home...want to go to Texas, PCBeachBum?
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First continued prayers and success for chemo round 2 and on your second spyder. FYI there is a 3 wheel basic rider course training site in Niceville. At least according to the list of US 3 wheel training sites I acquired a few months ago. I don't remember where I got it from-it might have been from this site. Here's the info to check it out: Okaloosa Ride Safe Inc.; Northwest State College-1400 E. College Blvd, Niceville, FL 32578; 850-259-6977. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    For the time being, Mr. Clean has eyebrows! I just didn't have the heart to shave his trademark bushy eyebrows off! Doc says this round of chemo should do it, though. We thought it was pretty funny that Mr. Clean's DAD insisted Mr. Clean was not his son today...we're not sure who he thought he was, though! We are still trying to figure out how to get our new bike home...want to go to Texas, PCBeachBum?
    Doc, I've been Spyderless for about 3 weeks now and Saturday the tech is going to take it to his house to work on it. I was loosing oil and didn't see any on the ground, than taking off the covers didn't find any oil leaking. Than noticed the cam sensor looked a little bloated and disconnected it. There was the oil and had to get a new cam sensor. Took two and a half weeks to get it, since it had to be ordered from BRP. The tech is trained on Spyders but is limited because he doesn't have BUDS. So He is going to work on it at his house and besides the sensor, he is changing the oil. filter, coolant, disconnect and wrap the pipes, change out the gaskets than put the Custom Dynamic LED's on. He said he heard something starting it and it sounded like it was coming from the throttle body and will check that out as well. He is going to ryde it out to his house and will get a better idea of what it could be. I just hope I have some tread left on the rear tire by the time I get it back. He said I could never own one of these because I would be buying new rear tires and belts weekly.

I don't know what this is going to end up costing me and I had some of this in stock, like the coolant, filter and the oil, I'm getting at his cost for Amsoil 10w40. The LEDs I have had for a long time and most of this, I paying the tech. I owe the shop as well and once I get it back, I'll take it to the dealer and get a BUDS test, printout and clear any codes. I wish I could help you out but knowing me, I know once I ryde an RT, I'll want one and go buy one because they know I'm an easy sell. I went to look at Spyders in 2009 and ended up signing the papers. The RT is a big reason why I stay away from the dealer. Can you have it shipped here?
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Cool No DMV courses

No DMV courses in Fl. I think there is still a class in Clearwater, but I took mine in a little town called Eustis in the middle of the state. No permits in Fl either. I guess you are supposed to learn in your driveway.. I had my Spyder towed to Eustis then teamed up with my daughter and son in law for the ride back to Tampa Bay after I passed. Great class, awesome instruction, and I met the coolest people in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...So the State requires you to take a course that they don't make available for you...
    I think that I'd be chewing on somebody's ear at the local DMV office about this one!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Doc, I've been Spyderless for about 3 weeks now and Saturday the tech is going to take it to his house to work on it. I was loosing oil and didn't see any on the ground, than taking off the covers didn't find any oil leaking. Than noticed the cam sensor looked a little bloated and disconnected it. There was the oil and had to get a new cam sensor. Took two and a half weeks to get it, since it had to be ordered from BRP. The tech is trained on Spyders but is limited because he doesn't have BUDS. So He is going to work on it at his house and besides the sensor, he is changing the oil. filter, coolant, disconnect and wrap the pipes, change out the gaskets than put the Custom Dynamic LED's on. He said he heard something starting it and it sounded like it was coming from the throttle body and will check that out as well. He is going to ryde it out to his house and will get a better idea of what it could be. I just hope I have some tread left on the rear tire by the time I get it back. He said I could never own one of these because I would be buying new rear tires and belts weekly.

I don't know what this is going to end up costing me and I had some of this in stock, like the coolant, filter and the oil, I'm getting at his cost for Amsoil 10w40. The LEDs I have had for a long time and most of this, I paying the tech. I owe the shop as well and once I get it back, I'll take it to the dealer and get a BUDS test, printout and clear any codes. I wish I could help you out but knowing me, I know once I ryde an RT, I'll want one and go buy one because they know I'm an easy sell. I went to look at Spyders in 2009 and ended up signing the papers. The RT is a big reason why I stay away from the dealer. Can you have it shipped here?
    Want to go to Texas with us on the 18th and ride it home? Or do you think you'd jinx it for us? I'd offer to loan you the Phantom but I'm worried about what our repair bill would be afterwards...your bad luck might rub off on the bike.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Fantastic -- keeping you both in our prayers Lots of incentive to get better and riding !!!
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Want to go to Texas with us on the 18th and ride it home? Or do you think you'd jinx it for us? I'd offer to loan you the Phantom but I'm worried about what our repair bill would be afterwards...your bad luck might rub off on the bike.

Bad Luck??? Well!!!!

I haven't had a problem with the Spyder since they replaced the DPS almost two years ago. Yea I had it replaced two times before and once when you and Erags came for the poker run. But once they put the 2nd gen. DPS in its been running great and little things do happen often costing bucks but, that's expected. Bad Luck, Geez! But you know when you have an ole Boatswain's Mate on a new Machine just about anything can happen and both your machines are newer than mine.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Having a wonderful day

We are here in the hospital and we need to test for the amount of chemo that is in my blood stream, the machine that does the test is broke, so I get to spend more quality time in the hospital. It is the only machine in Pensacola, hope they get it fix soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well then; here's to hoping that they're not waiting on BRP for the parts to fix it!
    And good luck with your tests!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    We are here in the hospital and we need to test for the amount of chemo that is in my blood stream, the machine that does the test is broke, so I get to spend more quality time in the hospital. It is the only machine in Pensacola, hope they get it fix soon.
    Sorry to let out a giggle, but I thought I was the only one that happened to. Earlier this year I had a pancreas attack. The doc sent me next door to the hospital lab for tests, but told me to come straight back to his office and wait for the results. You see the last time I had this happen, I went home, and they had to get me back to admit me to the hospital ASAP. He didn't want that to happen againif my test results were bad. After I sat in his waiting room for four hours, I asked what was going on. They called the lab and the machine broke down. I went home. I didn't end up on the critical list, but wouldn't it be silly to die because of a machine malfunction...or starve to death in the waiting room? I think there have been cartoons about that. Maybe you can get a refund on you $11 for the extra day.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Got back from the BBQ about 3 hours ago. Y'all are still on the prayer list. Congrats on the RT. I know you will enjoy it. Kris did the round trip ride on her RT to the BBQ. I'm proud of her. She did a wonderfull job. However, she wanted nothing to do with the Rattler or the Dragon . Hope you get it home soon.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    Ed, it seems like everything is broke. 7 months ago the dentist decided that pulling my lower front teeth and replacing them with a bridge would be best, since they wouldn't be as strong after drilling. He said it would be know longer than 3 months at the most to have the bridge made. 6 months later I'm still toothless in the front and I asked where my bridge was and no one knew except I got another excuse after 4 months. For all I know, it could be in China along with the mold they made before pulling them. I don't blame the dentist, since he has over a thousand patients both Active Duty and Veterans but one dentist for all these patients is like the one machine Pensacola has for all the patients on Chemo. I hope your part gets in before my bridge does, since I'm getting used to ripping meat off chicken and rib bones. Yea its a little messy and watching me eat, I'm often sitting alone since no one wants to loose a finger or hand by mistake.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=DocRags;510933]WE BOUGHT ANOTHER SPYDER! We now own a 2012 Lava Bronze RT Limited as well as our 2008 GS/RS Phantom. Ed can't jump up and down like me since he's tethered to an IV pole. He started Chemo Round 2, coming in to the hospital today for the next 4-5 days. His methotrexate level needs to be under a certain value in order to be discharged (We're hoping for Sat/Sun). He is on MTX for 24 hrs, then he'll be getting a second drug intermittently for the next 48 hrs. We are that he does as well with this round as he did with the first one.

His hair was getting rather splotchy so we shaved it all off last night. He's been debating getting a pierced ear so he'll look like Mr. Clean...he preferred that moniker over YODA! I told him I have plenty of orphan earrings that he could wear (you know, those ones that are missing their mate).

In any event, now we own and we only have one M endorsement between us...guess I better start practicing my driving!

Best of luck to Ed! Congrats on the new Spyder, did u get it off the dealer on EBay. I saw it posted for $21999 your choice odd bronze or pearl white. Great deal. Enjoy!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Peoriafirefighter;512673]
    Congrats on the new Spyder, did u get it off the dealer on EBay. I saw it posted for $21999 your choice odd bronze or pearl white. Great deal. Enjoy!
    I don't think the color is odd bronze, but that is the deal we bought...our local dealer told us to see if they would go any lower even though they were making very little money at that price (answer...no). We're hoping to pick up our new next week after we go to MD Anderson for Ed's cancer restaging. (That's the part of the trip we haven't mentioned to the oncologists...Ed driving the home while I drive the car. We figure the bike is about 4 1/2 hours from Houston so we'll combine doctor's visit with bike delivery. We wanted to see the bike at the dealer's rather than shipping it to us).

Update on Ed: We finally got out of the hospital around noon on Monday (6 days in the hospital) when the methotrexate level finally came in. Round 2 was considerably rougher on him than round 1...he is definitely NOT looking forward to the even numbered cycles. His blood counts are bottoming out right now...white cell count dangerously low at 600 (normal 4500-10500) so he has to be extra careful about avoiding sick people, washing hands good, etc. His anemia is a little worse so he's been lightheaded/dizzy the past few days...no Spyder riding all week because of that. We're headed to the hospital shortly, keeping our fingers crossed that today's counts are better. He will probably need blood transfusion soon. He had a shot to boost his white count on Monday and count was 600 yesterday...first cycle low was 3300 so it was quite a difference. It will be interesting to see if Round 3 has to be delayed because of his counts. There are certain parameters that have to be met in order to give the next round...how fast his counts bounce back is unknown. He has to go to the ER at first sign of any infection or temp over 100.5. His spirits are still good, despite the rough days. He can go about a week without shaving now, which he likes. Appetite has been great. He's still working on his wish list of "farkles." Thanks, again, everyone for the prayers and support.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with round 3...prayers and good thoughts coming y'alls way...we are home and in Houston area...if you need anythng...let us know...can y'all have visitors?

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

All the prayers and thoughts from your Spyder friends are sure to bring that blood count up. Hang in there for Round 3. Try to keep your mind and eyes on the prize.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Spyder Garage

Cool

Hang in there. Prayers are with you.
    Bakerman

2011 RSS

Spyder Garage

Cheryl, we're still praying for Ed and you. When I read the post to Kris and hit the part about his wbc being 600 she said "yep, been there". Hope the Epo shots help.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Cheryl, we're still praying for Ed and you. When I read the post to Kris and hit the part about his wbc being 600 she said "yep, been there". Hope the Epo shots help.
    Thank you, all, for the prayers...today's wbc was 400! I'm not used to seeing values that low...his lowest on the hyper-CVAD part of the regimen was 3300. His platelets increased today from 53000 to 77000 so hopefully tomorrow's red and white cell counts will be on the way up, too. Flamingobabe, we'll let you know about visitors...we'd love to see some fellow SpyderLovers, but it all depends on how quickly his numbers increase.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Kris' got down to 300 at one point. So they started transfusions. That along with the Epo shots finally got it back up. When anyone would visit her, it was mask and hand washing, no kissing, no hugging.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

I know transfusions sound very scary and I suppose they are with regard to the fact that your body is not doing the blood stuff that needs to be done. The reality is that the transfusion gives one's body time to collect itself and start repairing. My mother had transfusions and felt marvelous after. It gave her strength to fight. It's scary, but its really a good thing. (((HUGS)))
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield