Thread: Heat deflector

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Heat deflector

Hello, I have two issues...1) my spyder's temp gauge runs about 3 bars from maximum. It runs fine. I just rode it over 100miles without it overheating. The fluid levels are full. Is this normal? 2) Is there a heat deflector? The heat coming off the motor is too much for the boss lady. Thank you!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First of all; Welcome to the Parteee!
    I think that we might need a little bit of information about just which model Spyder you're riding in order to give you any decent advice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yep, we need more input from you so we don't give you any wrong advice.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

You are in Arkansas in the summer time, what did you expect?
    In hot climate, engine temps regularly fluctuate between 4-5 bars, depending on model and when the fan kicks on. You may hit 6 bars now and then... especially sitting in traffic. Not to worry. There are many threads on the topic, try some searches and you will learn more than you wanted to know.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat

Spyder pops has some things that will help with the heat for Rt or Rs.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you all for the input. It is hot in Arkansas (102 last weekend), and it is expected, but just wanting to make sure. I have a 2009 Spyder GS. It does have the Hindle exhaust, but that is all for "performance" mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just in case you weren't aware, you have the authority (and heck of a nice guy) on Spyder heat management in the same state as you. His name is Harvey Clark but he goes by "Spyderpops". A quick google search will turn him up. He is a site sponsor and has a shop near Hot Springs. Look him up, do a little research, and ask the questions.

David

Spyder Garage

Let me see if I can sum it up for you:

If you are not in limp mode-you are not overheated.
    If the fan relay and the fan are working you won't go into limp mode.
    If the fan relay and the fan are not working you will go into limp mode, especially in slow driving.
    The SpyderPops stuff is great but won't fix a cooling system defect.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Default Heat deflector

Arback, where are you in Arkansas, we are in Bryant and looking for other spyder folks to ride with

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer