Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamont must be cringing!

Lamont must be cringing at this thread. There is definately enough blame to go around. People need to reign in their emotions and think about some of words being written. I didn't see a need for an attack on the op. Some opinions on installation or advice on the matter would have been appropriate.
    And the op could have been a little more diplomatic on his responses!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brodyson View Post
    Lamont must be cringing at this thread. There is definately enough blame to go around. People need to reign in their emotions and think about some of words being written. I didn't see a need for an attack on the op. Some opinions on installation or advice on the matter would have been appropriate.
    And the op could have been a little more diplomatic on his responses!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rrfreng View Post
    spyder3-There probably are many great people on this site but why should I start a new thread when they really need to know about about some of these products and if they should spend
    $700 on something that may not work for them. I can afford much more than this but get upset when I am told by your "senior" members I have upset or disrespected(dissed?) them!
    arntufun-YOU don't get it!!!!! I don't need your help!!! YOU are not listening!!! I was trying to inform others on how to make their purchase of an expensive item actually work on their bike! I guess YOU don't care about that!!!!
    The posters were not trying to help because they and YOU were not reading what I SAID!!! You were just trying to discredit me because I was new and YOU know it all!!! GO BACK AND READ MY FIRST POST!
    The next thing, YOU don't care about valid complaints????????? I hope everyone that is reading this will understand that you should not be trusted and never believe anything you say! I hope everyone goes back
    up and reads your comments.
    You said you will never respond to me, can I take you at your word? I VERY MUCH DOUBT THAT!!!!! I think everyone knows hows much your word is worth!!!! Why would anyone trust your response?????
    samewok- You are another person that obviously did not read all of my posts! You are right, I did not understand those instructions! On my first post THAT is what I said!!! Read the installation instructions!!!!
    IF YOU NEED THE PASSENGER FOOTRESTS ALL THE WAY UP, YOU NEED TO MODIFY THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oldbaldguy I am happy I bought these, just upset with the mods I had to do and those that think they have all the answers and can't take any constructive criticism.

I am sure there are many that see my point but you probably should not make your feelings known on this site because you will not be respected for it!!!

If the moderator does not like the way I have responded or have offered advise, then please take me off. Then everyone will know how much this site values FREE SPEECH.
    I did read all of your post. I asked did you read the instuctions on line before you bought the product?
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rrfreng View Post
    These can be great boards but read the install instructions carefully. I have a 2012 Limited and they do not fit that great. If you need to raise the passengers footrests then you will have to make your own support to hold the rear bracket solid. These rear brackets are made to have the passenger footrests down all the way to make the rear bracket solid. Also just discovered that I will have to put risers underneath the front supports to keep them off the wings under the front part of the floorboards. Any pressure at all on the the top front of the boards hits the wings. It has turned a 30-45 minute job into 8 hours.
    There is nothing IMO wrong or improper about the OP's post as I have quoted it. In my openion that post is polite informative and possibly helpful to someone. The only thing that could have possibly been done differently is Rrfreng could have added that the post was his opinion which should have not been necessary since it is obvious. IMO.
    Last edited by donec; 09-02-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

My experience with Seal. First set ordered for my 2010. These were the deluxe version. I am not mechanically inclined so followed directions per John. I did move the passenger foot pad down to the bottom and they work fine for me there. The fit was perfect and there was no problem with rattleing or moving around once the screws were tightened down. I did have some concern about the brake pedal bottoming out. John has made two fixes on these. First there were nuts to go under the brake pedal then a new shim to raise the pedal and alleviate the problem. John sent me the nuts free of charge. When the brake pedal shim fix was available, I bought two sets--one for each RT. My install time on the first set was about 30 minutes.

My second experience was when I bought Seal Pups for the new 2011. Once again, I moved the passenger footrests down per directions. Fit was again perfect for the . These came with the brake pedal nut shims--but I later ordered the aluminum shims when they came out. My install time on the second set was about 15 minutes. I now have ten thousand miles on the first set and four thousand miles on the second set. I have no complaints about either set.

I think that it is a good product and they have allowed me to continue to ride with my bum legs and hips--giving me room to move them around as needed for comfort.

John mentioned he has sold over 500 sets without any major problems. I do believe he will work with you so that you are satisfied and if not--it now seems that the offer has been made to allow you to return the product. Either way, you should be able to come up with a resolution to the problem.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-02-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sliding rubbver mats

Don't sweat it. Clean the contact surfaces well and use Crazy Glue or a little of that Gorilla stuff to secure them. No more sliding.

Quote Originally Posted by leenanj View Post
    I installed mine a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing with rear foot rest,
    I saw on his web site about the new rear pegs for the rear but did not get them
    when i ordered mine.

My problem however is the rubber mat keeps sliding around in hot weather, I removed them, cleaned the surface good and re silicone them
    but they are moving again so might have to find a better glue.

Overall I love the floorboards and would buy them again.

spacetrucker

Default Seal Floorboard Problems

10-4 call John and all will fixed. Really thing will work out just call and talk to him. Ride safe and be well all on the road........

Spyder Garage

Default My solution

I used a bolt with 3 small washers and one large washer on the outside along with a small washer, lock washer and nut on the inside. Hardest part was cutting the side of the large outside washer flat. Don't have a grinder so had to use a hacksaw. Did the right side with the tupperware off only because I had it off for something else. Did the left with the tupperware on with no problem. Little bit of a pain to get my fingers up in past the muffler on the right to put on the washers and start the nut but doable. Left side was real easy. Whole thing to less that 30 minutes. Works for me because the wife is short so I have the passenger floor pegs up high. May not work as well if you need them lower.

photo2.jpgphoto1.JPGphoto.JPG

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I have had several conversations with this gentleman. I have asked what I can do to help and am more than willing to take them back and give a refund. I have not heard back since then until now. I am always willing to work with those who have a problem or take them back. This is the first negative posting with almost 500 sets sold.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    john, i guess that means you're shooting about 99.25% and that's not too shabby! i'd take that for a satisfied customer average!!!

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Seal Floorboard Problems

I rather doubt rr is coming back, and honestly I can't blame him.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    I rather doubt rr is coming back, and honestly I can't blame him.

You were kind of hard on him Arr !!!!!!!

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Seal Floorboard Problems

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    You were kind of hard on him Arr !!!!!!!
    I wasn't the only one.
    Though I do think I am still the only one to apologize and at least tried to take a more neutral stance.

President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboard Problems

Was that a wide stance? (sorry that just slipped out)

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Just an observation;

I've noticed in the last 6 mounts or so, If Someone posts a complaint or a perceived complaint, It would help if that someone posts a few jokes or other posts similar to Face Book nonsense to build up their post count so as not to be criticize for being a complainer with a low post count, I mean we all know lately the higher the count the more of an expert you become. [no new rope]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I only objected to a basic lack of manners... This is a pretty darn friendly and upbeat place. If somebody has a gripe; (and I've had mine), they should feel free to bring them up.
    "Tact " is the art of telling somebody to go to Hell, and having them look forward to the trip...
    Tact can go a long way is making a discussion productive.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sometimes it is best to keep quite

I did not post anything because I knew I could not help the OP. I do have one complaint about the Seal floorboard, but it is not John's fault that I can not afford a set

Maybe someday
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

they look nice wish i had seen these before I bought the others.... same price there abouts

Spyder Garage

Default Love Em

I just installed my Seal FloorBoards and it was a piece of cake. Instructions were easy to follow and they look great. I'm a big boy and they feel solid underfoot. Looking forward to my next road trip. John Anderson told me not to worry when I ordered them, that they would be here in plenty of time and they were. Love it when online shopping works the way it should! Thanks John!

MAYORRAY
    Attached Images Attached Images