Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Got my rear tire and rear brake pads straight off the dealer's shelf. Most ordered parts seem to take no longer than a week, which is similar to my Honda and BMW parts. Mail-ordered parts take about the same, as does eBay. Backordered parts always take longer, of course, but I have had few of those issues comparatively speaking.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 08-30-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post

100% Had my back tire off replacing my origional tire with a Kuhmo, went to only local dealer (90 miles away)(one way) to get a new set of brake pads and low and behold---their on back order---no body has any all the way to Canada she tells me And don't know when they will be in. So I go home and put my old pads back on and hope they will hold up till after Lamont's.
    Check out BajaRon......link on main page.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default still waiting

called the dealer again today and low and behold no parts yet 3 weeks gone by are they mining the materials to build the forge to pour the metal to make ingots to make castings from OMG these are a common part ppl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

last part I ordered took a month and it came from Mexico

Spyder Garage

Default another phone call made

i called the dealer South Texas Suzuki again today and had a different answer this time one of the mechanics answered and the lady in charge didnt have the time to come to the phone so he said to call tomorrow

how stinking lame a dealer is this

so i took some advice from George and called the BRP rep and left a detailed message about this hopefully she will get her hands involved and get me some parts shipped down here in a timely manor

3 weeks + for basic parts bearings seals and o rings is a crock
    i can understand a little longer for the hub but this is bull

getting frustrated about ready to go pick up my parts and haul to another dealer let them put me back together

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tx web rider View Post

took my 2009 rs in for some service/ maintenance a tire replacement and a brake cable replacement on 8-21

they did the oil change then they pulled the rear tire and put the new one on and then they called me to the shop to show me a damaged rear hub i had noticed a vibration in the right foot peg on the trip up

so now they are ordering parts they said the part was in stock and should arrive by Thursday the 24th

i grabbed a couple items from the bike and caught a ride 140 miles home to wait and wait and wait

called Thursday ready to go get my rs and ride like the wind and no parts maybe Tuesday the 28th

called and nothing and then Tuesday nothing and now Thursday 8-30 again the owner said she called BRP and they say they have some parts shipped to her but cant give an idea on which part is shipped out and when to expect delivery

so BR-1 has a Cell mate hopefully the Warden will prole them both soon

whats up with BRP lack of parts support for these bikes

this is the longest i have gone with out riding my bike since i purchased it

this SUCKS
    Understand your frustration but wonder how this is the dealers fault? Is it because they didn't have the parts on hand, or because they are unable to get the parts from BRP?

Understand your dealer is small but it seems they got BR 1 repaired just as soon as they received parts.

If BRP does not have a minimum parts on hand requirement for their dealers, then BRP has left it to the dealers discretion whether or not they stock parts. Many dealers will simply rely on BRP to fill parts orders as needed. Not saying that right, just that BRP must think it is OK.

Who knows all the ingredients that go into baking the cake? If anyone here knows, they're not sharing.

Hope your parts arrive soon and bet the dealer will have you back on the road as soon as they get parts.

Spyder Garage

Default interesting phone call

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Understand your frustration but wonder how this is the dealers fault? Is it because they didn't have the parts on hand, or because they are unable to get the parts from BRP?

Understand your dealer is small but it seems they got BR 1 repaired just as soon as they received parts.

If BRP does not have a minimum parts on hand requirement for their dealers, then BRP has left it to the dealers discretion whether or not they stock parts. Many dealers will simply rely on BRP to fill parts orders as needed. Not saying that right, just that BRP must think it is OK.

Who knows all the ingredients that go into baking the cake? If anyone here knows, they're not sharing.

Hope your parts arrive soon and bet the dealer will have you back on the road as soon as they get parts.
    i received a phone call late last night from a source i am unable to say due to repercussions on their end if found out.

South Texas Suzuki is in hot water with BRP they are not shipping parts to them creating issues like BR1 had and now i am having

i have called Miss LaChance 2 times now (got voice mail) with no returned calls

went through BRP web site with complaints no reply's

so yes due to poor decisions in the dealership and their splitting partnerships and partners leaving the store BRP has Blackballed them so no parts for me with out intervention

looked on BRP parts listing for my bike and they say the rear hub i need is unavailable in the stock system is there that much difference from year to year in rs rear wheel assembly they don't have any and why has their stock been so depleted with out replenishment

4 weeks tomorrow with out my spyder

the only reason BRP filled BR1 parts list was a few phone calls to miss LaChance i was told

so hopefully she trolls this website and reads my plea ship my parts please

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It might cost you some extra money but why not order from Honda East Toledo and have them shipped to your dealer?

David

Spyder Garage

i received a phone call late last night from a source i am unable to say due to repercussions on their end if found out.

South Texas Suzuki is in hot water with BRP they are not shipping parts to them creating issues like BR1 had and now i am having

i have called Miss LaChance 2 times now (got voice mail) with no returned calls

went through BRP web site with complaints no reply's

so yes due to poor decisions in the dealership and their splitting partnerships and partners leaving the store BRP has Blackballed them so no parts for me with out intervention

looked on BRP parts listing for my bike and they say the rear hub i need is unavailable in the stock system is there that much difference from year to year in rs rear wheel assembly they don't have any and why has their stock been so depleted with out replenishment

4 weeks tomorrow with out my spyder

the only reason BRP filled BR1 parts list was a few phone calls to miss LaChance i was told

so hopefully she trolls this website and reads my plea ship my parts please

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...After-The-Sale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Monkey View Post
    It might cost you some extra money but why not order from Honda East Toledo and have them shipped to your dealer?

David
    We can order you any BRP parts as long as they are available. Shoot a PM whenever your looking to buy! We can only ship to a customers confirmed PayPal address OR to an address that is both the billing and shipping address on a credit card.

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/
    http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/
    Honda East Toledo
    1230 Conant St.
    Maumee, Ohio 43537
    (419) 891-1230
    (877)-437-1631
    Like us on Facebook!
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Check out our eBay Store

Spyder Garage

We had a discussion during the BBQ about parts and how fortunate or not some of us have been in regard to repairs (needed or not), time to repair, and waiting on parts.

Many of us have worked for or do work for both large or small manufacturers and we do understand the logistic challenges from time to time - especially when a company's forecast for those parts is wrong or for when a defect rears it's ugly head and turns into an immediate parts issue.

I think one of the simpler solutions is BRP forcing dealers to carry a basic kit of parts in stock beyond just the oil filters , and crush rings.(I've found a dealer out of those before too) This parts kit could be sold to the dealer at or below cost as incentive to buy it and the local BRP Dealer rep could occasionally audit these dealers to ensure that they are ordering in replacements as they use the parts. We did this at IBM and then Lenovo back in the day, especially if a customer was a self maintainer - It was in the price of doing business with us.

There are a lot of basic parts that sooner or later a dealer will need to order. Spark Plug cables, coolant tanks anyone? Thermostats and housing assembly, brake pads, tires, belt, rear bearings, O2 sensors, oil sending units... We're not talking a lot of coin here if sold at or below cost.

BRP definitely knows exactly what parts are most vulnerable to failure. At the very least, they should ensure their Atlanta parts depot (pretty sure that is where it is) is well stocked so that customs/shipping is not so much an issue. There is no reason why I should, or Firefly, or many other spyder owners stock at our own cost our own parts... Why am I riding around with a coolant tank in my trunk? Seriously. Why do I have a growing amount of spare parts in my garage? Because I do not want to wait 3+ weeks for a basic part from BRP and it's network of dealers.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BR1 got sick on July 14. I took him in to the dealer, South Texas Suzuki, Lytle, TX. on July 17. They called on July 19 and said BR1 needed an Electronic Control Module, but it was on backorder with no shipping date. After a couple of weeks, I called customer service at BRP, twice, and both times got "I don't know and we can't transfer you to the part dept." In the fourth week, an ECM arrived, but that did not fix the problem and a throttle body is needed, but.....wait....wait....oh yes, on backorder. A Ms. LaChance emailed me with some info and said parts were shipped. One Aug. 24, I called STS and they said "Your Spyder will be ready in one hour".

I said, I will pick it up Tuesday as I am riding today and tomorrow on my Gold Wing, Punkin'.

I went in on Tuesday and said "Hi Kelley". She said "It will be out front" and walked into her office, no hi George, no sorry it took so long, no nothing....and did not acknowledge my sweet wife who was standing next to me. I picked BR1 up and he runs fine...rode him two days with no problems. I wish Kelley luck in her future indevors.

BR1 was in the hospital over six weeks, much to the enjoyment of Punkin', who has never been in the hospital since I bought him, Nov. 1, 2001.....

I told Punkin' to quit calling BR1 "sicko" and be friends....he said "Yes Sir". When I turned to leave the barn, I heard him say to BR1 "You are a 7,000 mile looser!" Hmm Maybe he is right.

Last edited by Mr. White; 09-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    ...I told Punkin' to quit calling BR1 "sicko" and be friends....he said "Yes Sir". When I turned to leave the barn, I heard him say to BR1 "You are a 7,000 mile looser!" Hmm Maybe he is right.

George,

If the prior post is correct and the problem lies with your dealer, not the Spyder and not BRP, then maybe you need to find another horse to beat. JMHO. Your experience has been very disheartening and disappointing to many of us, but takes on a different light if the problem lies solely with your dealer.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

I looked at South Texas Suzuki when I was shopping for my Spyder. I'm glad that I bought from Woods Cycle Country in New Braunfels instead. The New Braunfels dealer has been great.

My Spyder had to get the throttle body replaced. Woods Cycle Country had a new one ordered and shipped from BRP within 2 days. They asked for overnight shipping and something happened that delayed it one day. I had my spyder running in a few days.

On another occassion, I went to schedule the 600 mile service, the service tech told me that I could bring my Spyder in without an appointment and they would work me in. When I took my Spyder in for service, the salesman that sold me the Spyder came over to see how things were going. He even brought me a cup of coffee while I was at the service counter dropping off my Spyder.

I paid another visit to the dealer to see if I could order Elka shocks. The parts department didn't sell Elkas, but they contacted Elka and are now an Elka dealer. I was the dealer's first Elka customer. I'm really enjoying the Stage 1+ shocks.

The people at South Texas Suzuki were very friendly when I paid them a visit, I hope they can get things worked out. We need more Spyder dealers, so I hope they don't go out of business.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 09-11-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Owners left in the dark

Is the problem with the dealer, or, is there a problem between the dealer and BRP. Who knows for sure at this point. The one thing that is certain is that it's the customer who has been let down.

In an earlier post on "BR 1 is in trouble" it was said that BRP's position is that they can not take care of a problem unless they know it exists. BRP also says try to work problems out with your dealer at the highest level possible before contacting them. In both instances noted here it appears that was done.

If George made the calls early on to BRP he says he did and the OP of this post has made unreturned calls for help as well as unanswered emails. Then what constitutes a reasonable amount of time to have to wait for a call to be returned, or an email responded to when you feel the dealer has let you down?

Spyder Garage

Trailered my 2010 RT to the dealer last Friday. Was at the AT & T store Thursday afternoon to have my cell phone checked because it wouldn't charge. They tried charging but only had enough power for one call. Called AAA for a jumpstart. Started right up but way home it died again. Got a hold of my son for a trailer. Friday took it to dealer. They called today. Stator not working, rear tire has to be replaced which I had given to do, the rear brake pads need replacing, the rear bearings are just about shot, this will be 2nd replacement, and last the throttle body needs to replaced, this will be the second one. The only good news I got is BRP will replace Throttle Body under warranty even though the bike is out of warranty. So far the dealer says my share of the bill is $1400 this is without the stator. They are hoping that it is just a broken wire.They hope to have the bike ready this weekend so I can go for a ride.

Spyder Garage

And how many of the dealers terms have gone from net-45, to net-30, to prepay due to poor payment history. A/R is a big issue to companies, and there comes a time when they have to put their foot down. Rest assured your dealer is not going to tell you.."Oh by the way, my credit stinks and BRP won't send me a part until I pay them upfront. Rest assured, this is some of the issues with delays in parts....

Three sides to every story....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    And how many of the dealers terms have gone from net-45, to net-30, to prepay due to poor payment history. A/R is a big issue to companies, and there comes a time when they have to put their foot down. Rest assured your dealer is not going to tell you.."Oh by the way, my credit stinks and BRP won't send me a part until I pay them upfront. Rest assured, this is some of the issues with delays in parts....

Three sides to every story....

Spyder Garage

Default still away from home

well another week has passed

BRP rep said the parts are released

still nothing at the dealer i am being told

of course the dealer has been out of the building all week not to return till Thursday some meeting up north with BRP probably the new lineup presentation to them

21st last month till now is horrible customer service for BRP

Spyder Garage

well another week has passed

BRP rep said the parts are released

still nothing at the dealer i am being told

of course the dealer has been out of the building all week not to return till Thursday some meeting up north with BRP probably the new lineup presentation to them

21st last month till now is horrible customer service for BRP
    Sounds like you can't catch a break.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, here is the real story. I got BR1 after six weeks and two days at the dealer awaiting repair. Dealer said "parts on backorder". I called BRP customer service after four weeks of "backorder" and they were no help. A week later a ECM was received but did not solve the problem and throtle body was now on "backorder.

BRP customer service was no help after two calls. However a Ms. Lachance did call me and left a phone message. My daughter played the call and told me a woman called about your Spyder...I thought she was talking about the dealer, who is a lady....it was BRP and when I called my dealer no one knew what I was talking about, a communications mixup.

I then got an email from Ms. Lachance explaining details and said "we have the needed parts" and I will review the situation and ship the need TB....it arrived in a couple of days.

I can not tell you the details in the email, other than to say BRP and my dealer (ex) are having some business differences. Ms. Lachance appoligized for her customer service personnel lacking ability to help and will add additional training to their schedule....

I have ridden BR1 about 600 miles and ran him pretty hard....he performed very well.

My case is closed. I am satisfied that BRP did what they could after a higher level of management got involved.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I forgot...I have received two additional emails from BRP to see if I am satisfied and the asked how BR1 was running. I was impressed and answered each email that I am satisfied and BR1 is running very well.

Even Punkin' was impressed and said "Honda never calls to see how I am doing!" and then honked his horn.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    George,

If the prior post is correct and the problem lies with your dealer, not the Spyder and not BRP, then maybe you need to find another horse to beat. JMHO. Your experience has been very disheartening and disappointing to many of us, but takes on a different light if the problem lies solely with your dealer.
    Words have consequences. How many folks have turned away from Buying an RT or RS due to the almost religious bashing by BR1's owner of the quality of the product? Things break but if BRP or in fact the poor quality of dealer that you had to deal with was the issue then you have a lot of responsibility to say that up front and not jump any thread tht deals with reliability or perceived problem and interject that your bike was a piece of xxxx! And only the Honda Goldwing is worth owning. I have listened to this dribble for the last month or two and I feel it has been destructive to the intentions of new riders looking at Spyders as an option.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Words have consequences. How many folks have turned away from Buying an RT or RS due to the almost religious bashing by BR1's owner of the quality of the product? Things break but if BRP or in fact the poor quality of dealer that you had to deal with was the issue then you have a lot of responsibility to say that up front and not jump any thread tht deals with reliability or perceived problem and interject that your bike was a piece of xxxx! And only the Honda Goldwing is worth owning. I have listened to this dribble for the last month or two and I feel it has been destructive to the intentions of new riders looking at Spyders as an option.
    I disagree and can fully understand and appreciate his frustration. This is a public forum and I see nothing wrong with venting frustration. People need to take the good with the bad and make there own decision based on all the facts and not just one persons opinion. I for one appreciate the openness of this forum and believe that he has shared the good with the bad.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    I disagree and can fully understand and appreciate his frustration. This is a public forum and I see nothing wrong with venting frustration. People need to take the good with the bad and make there own decision based on all the facts and not just one persons opinion. I for one appreciate the openness of this forum and believe that he has shared the good with the bad.
    I agree 100% with what your saying. But if I start a threat about how terrible my RT is and how it breaks and that I am Sooooo frustrated with the machine, when in fact the frustration was with the dealer and the poor customer relationship but only disclose the fact that the machine broke, it is not being fair. Then when all is fixed the real issues come out. The OP has a responsibility to the rest of us to be fair and open with all of the facts and not just keep beating on an issue that was not the real cause of his frustration all along. I have had several PM's. with folks who have stated that they turned off of Buying specifically due to this poster's bad experience with his RT breaking down all of the time. Well it did not break down all of the time it just seamed that way because if insertions into many threads of the same issue, which we now find out was a bad dealership.