Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KUHMO Tires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the stock Kendas...
    Pressures that are too high will cause the center section of the tread to wear first...
    Pressures that are too LOW will also cause the center section of the tread to wear first!

Reason: the tires are built so light, that without enough air in them, they balloon at speed...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    They're trying to poke you back into the direction of buying another Kenda...
    My dealer didn't say anything; he just mounted up the Falken and we've both been happy!
    I'm not sure; but it may be that the Kenda selection is the only one that's marked as being for use on motorcycles.
    Or Kenda was told to label it that way.....Because the Spyder is a Motorcycle at least by definition if not in actuality !.....Mike IMHO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    With the stock Kendas...
    Pressures that are too high will cause the center section of the tread to wear first...
    Pressures that are too LOW will also cause the center section of the tread to wear first!

Reason: the tires are built so light, that without enough air in them, they balloon at speed...
    Good to hear!!!

I dropped the pressure to super low trying to get a little more wear out of the edges. What is a decent pressure I should put it back up to?

I am at just over 10k now on the stocker... its less then the wear bars and pretty slick, but not showing the radial yet I will be replacing with the hardest, highest milage tire possible. I spin the snot out of my rear and LOVE IT. I am sure if I spend 3x the amount and bought a slick, it would wear out just as fast as a super cheap high milage.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default car tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Here in PA unless a tire is marked "for motorcycle use" it is not supposed to pass the state safety inspection ... even on a Spyder.

Of course I doubt if anyone really looks.
    The Spyder is not a motorcycle. It cannot run bike tyres. It is not a motorcycle under the UN standards. It is a great thing, but it is not a motorcycle by design or dynamics. Reality may be suspended in PA. Shame Ben Franklin is not there to run the place, He was no fool.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Before I replaced the stock Kenda, I raised the pressure to 35psi. The center appeared to stop wearing and the outsid e started to wear, but needed more tread to go to Durango so could not continue testing. I replaced with a Kumho Exsta 4x, 40,000 mile warranty (probably won't reach that) running 40psi to keep sidewalls hard. It wearing perfectly flat I am very satisfied. Size is 205-55/15. Tread width is very close to stock size. Outside dia. is the same as stock so all sensors are unaffected.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    wow Dan thats not a lot of wear for a rear kumho.

i have 43k on mine and it still has plenty of tread.

i had an independant shop put mine on. cost $55

i run 25#'s in mine
    I run 28 to 30# in mine... and I've been pretty nice to this one...But I do ride somewhat... Spirited...
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Dan are you spinning that puppy. I've got 6k on my ectsa and it looks brand new....I run at 23 PSI...Mike
    Who me? Not really. I've spun it up a couple of times...Less then I did on the stock tire. Dunno.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER