Spyder Garage

Default Back with a loaded post

I wanted the spyder lover input on a few things.

I'm planning to make a shed style garage for my spyder in my back yard, right now its in my front yard locked up and covered. Has anybody built a shed garage or trailer for the spyder?
    Has anybody ordered a heat shield for the heat that burns your toes from the radiator?
    Has anybody painted their pegs, handle bars, back rim and sprocket?
    I won't ask anymore questions until I work these out.

Spyder Garage

I have the heat shield from Spyderpops and it works great (also the one for the cat. converter.......also great) We have also had the rear wheel and belt sproket painted black so it doesn't compete with all the chrome on the It just "disappears" so your eye will first see all the chrome that has been added.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    I have the heat shield from Spyderpops and it works great (also the one for the cat. converter.......also great) We have also had the rear wheel and belt sproket painted black so it doesn't compete with all the chrome on the It just "disappears" so your eye will first see all the chrome that has been added.
    Thanks...

Are the cat. converter covers for the heat also? Was it hard to install them? Any pointers/things to keep in mind for painting the rim and sprockets?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Depending on how handy you are with building stuff; perhaps one of those Pre-fabbed sheds from Sears, Lowes, Home Depot or one of the other souces be an easy cure for the storage issue?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The shield that fits right next to your right foot works great at helping the heat on your foot. The shields that are added to the scoop by the radiator help the block the air from the radiator going bach on your leg. This directs the air out the side better than the stock scoop alone. When you concentrate the hot air to a smaller stream it makes the stream hotter. I felt the more blended to air was that it was cooler.

The Cat shield is for the RT.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by TracytATL View Post

Has anybody painted their pegs, handle bars, back rim and sprocket?

Yes, a few of us have. Powder coating is better than paint.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the detailng on the swingarm!

Spyder Garage

Default enclosed trailer

If you look for an enclosed trailer 7' x 10', you will have the best of two worlds, a storage building and a way to move it if you need. You can take the tires off the trailer and store them inside to keep them from dry rotting.

I got a trailer for $2500 a couple of years ago. You will just have to keep looking I found mind on craigslist, you never know when or where you will find it, just keep looking.

Good luck, I hope you can find one that will work for you as a storage shed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If I was building a shed/garage for our Spyders I'd consider building it with a ramp or a step down pit to help with maintenance issues like oil changes, etc.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default STEP DOWN PIT

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    If I was building a shed/garage for our Spyders I'd consider building it with a ramp or a step down pit to help with maintenance issues like oil changes, etc.
    I'd think real hard about the pit thing. When it fills with WATER not IF...When...then what.....and I realize you are putting a shed on top to protect this from happening.....But my garage has flooded more than a few times...This is not a critisism just something to think about......Not even thinking about getting rid of 3 yds.of dirt.......Mike.....................In Ga.you probably don't get a lot of snow ??? consider one of the canvass/vinyl type small sheds you erect with a frame inside kind of like a big tent ?

Spyder Garage

...or consider the BikeBarn.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

Randy...why is your Spyder parked on a handkerchief?

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    Randy...why is your Spyder parked on a handkerchief?

It's a white tarp and it's the redneck equivalent to the red carpet. Only the original 08 PE Spyders warrant such celebrity status.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He can tell if Holly is sneaking it out of the garage for secret rydes by looking for footprints on it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    If you look for an enclosed trailer 7' x 10', you will have the best of two worlds, a storage building and a way to move it if you need. You can take the tires off the trailer and store them inside to keep them from dry rotting.

I got a trailer for $2500 a couple of years ago. You will just have to keep looking I found mind on craigslist, you never know when or where you will find it, just keep looking.

Good luck, I hope you can find one that will work for you as a storage shed.

If he goes with a trailer...just remember to either remove the wheels or ensure you lock it down well so it can't be easily towed away...nothing worse than making it easy for a thief to grab you ryde AND your trailer....

JR

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Depending on how handy you are with building stuff; perhaps one of those Pre-fabbed sheds from Sears, Lowes, Home Depot or one of the other souces be an easy cure for the storage issue?
    I thought about going that route but I can build the same shed for 15% of the price and I would have to modify the doors on the pre fab sheds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    The shield that fits right next to your right foot works great at helping the heat on your foot. The shields that are added to the scoop by the radiator help the block the air from the radiator going bach on your leg. This directs the air out the side better than the stock scoop alone. When you concentrate the hot air to a smaller stream it makes the stream hotter. I felt the more blended to air was that it was cooler.

The Cat shield is for the RT.
    Ok so I will be fine with one sheild cool. Did you install it or order it and let a shop install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

this is exactly what I want to do. Did you do it, paint shop, how much? and where did you order the fender eliminator I'm definetely gonna expose my rear tire.
    Last edited by TracytATL; 08-28-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I won't ask anymore questions until I work these out.
    You will to.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

arntufun

this is exactly what I want to do. Did you do it, paint shop, how much? and where did you order the fender eliminator I'm definetely gonna expose my rear tire.

I took it all apart and brought it to the paint shop for powder coating. Total cost was 350.00 for wheels, sprocket, clutch lever, handlebar cover, footpegs and footpeg brackets.

The fender elimininator bracket was similar this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-U...072503&vxp=mtr

The lighted plate bolts were similar to this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-White-LED...59cffa&vxp=mtr

I took the rear fender off and the plate wire was re-routed up under the rear splash pan to give power to the lighted plate bolts. Thats the easy part of these mods

Powder coating all this stuff is not an easy task to complete because your Spyder will need to be tore down quite a bit to get to this stuff. I'm not trying to tell you not to do this but since you don't have a garage, It will look like the photo below and you should be aware of whats involved, so know your capabilitys. If your not capable, check with your dealer about a price for the teardown and reassemble. The end result is amazing, Good luck !!!!!

Spyder Breakdown 3 005.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Whoa! "Fatal Attraction's" got her britches off...
    TMI...