Spyder Garage

Default Wheels Through Time will be a stop on the Lamonster BBQ Ride

I had big plans to get some work done around here in preparation for the Lamonster BBQ but sometimes the best intentions get side tracked. I got a call from Jill at Alcoa Good Times and she wanted to stock my NBV's so I told her I would run some out to her place. I got there about 12:30 and decided to go ahead and take a run to Deals Gap as it wasn't that far from there and it was a great day for a ride and I really needed one big time.

When I headed out 129 I decided to stop by the BBQ place before the lake and see how it was. I was hoping it would be good and I would have a new favorite place for BBQ. It was okay but I won't be going back for BBQ, I may try their burger next time. Real nice guy that runs the place and he really liked the Spyder. Met another couple there that had never seen the Spyder up close and they liked what they saw.

From there I headed to the Dragon and there were bikes and cops everywhere. I felt like a fish swimming through the sharks and for sure I was watching my speed but still having some fun. The Nanny did get her workout before I dropped my fun level down a notch.

The store was packed when I got there but pretty much had cleared out by time I took this pic. That's the couple on the right that I met at the BBQ place.

From there I headed to Maggie Valley to see Dale and Matt at Wheels Through Time and let him know we planned on stopping by as part of our ride on the 7th. My guess was we would be 150 or so of us and the first thing he did was to offer to help with the food at the BBQ, I told him he didn't have to do that but he really wanted to help and he is a big fan of the Spyder. He gave me a very generous donation that's really going to help off set the cost of the food and drinks. I don't know if you guys watch American Pickers but Dale and his son Matt are on there quite often now and there are more shows in the works. This guy is as real as it gets and he's a big part of preserving American history and I'm proud to call him my friend and you should be proud that he is a Spyder fan for sure.

After leaving WTT I headed toward Hot Springs and my favorite road (The Rattler) Highway 209. This is one of my favorite roads because it has a little bit of everything a motorcycle guy likes and you almost never see anyone on this road and I don't think I've ever seen a cop here. This will be part of our ride on Friday.

I had to add another sticker to my collection.

I know most of you have been on these roads before but for those of you that haven't you're in for a great ride. This really is some of the best riding in the country and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all. See you soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BBQ Rydes

I'm pumped...can't wait! Wanna buy a I Rode the Rattler's T-shirt.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default Rattler

We got our Rattler T-shirts two years ago and last year at the owners event we rode the rattler on our way to Lamont's BBQ. I'm with Lamont, I like the rattler better than the Dragon. The Country Store at the south end of the Rattler is a very nice old country store.

I hope everyone at the BBQ enjoys the Rattler as much as we do.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Wheels Through Time will be a stop on the Lamonster BBQ Ride

Thanks Lamont

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

I've not been on any of these roads. I'm really excited! Sounds like this will be a blast!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Rattler

Nope......never been on these roads either. I'm looking forward to it. I just might need some pointers on riding the mountains. I'm from the flat lands!!!!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Info on more rides ?

Lamont, Can you give us some info on other great rides around your area that we should consider while around there ?
    I have heard of 421, "The Snake" but am also curious about the area up towards Cumberland Gap.

I am sure you have ridden everything in the area, so maybe you can give us some quick pointers on places to be sure to see ?

Jack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Lamont, Can you give us some info on other great rides around your area that we should consider while around there ?
    I have heard of 421, "The Snake" but am also curious about the area up towards Cumberland Gap.

I am sure you have ridden everything in the area, so maybe you can give us some quick pointers on places to be sure to see ?

Jack
    There are websites that are dedicated to rides in this area, I would not be able to cover them all.
    http://motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Tennessee_118.html

The ride we take on Friday will have some good roads in it but you're welcome to split off wherever you like.

Spyder Garage

Now I'm even more pumped about your BBQ.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I just checked and the weather is looking good for us this next week, at least in Knoxville. It will be good to get out of N. GA cause it looks bad for that same time frame of the BBQ.

Really looking forward to my first trip to this event!

Spyder Garage

Default Bringing a friend

My wife and I were scheduled to do a ride with some friends--they still ride a Harley. Could we still stop by and meet some Spyder riders? Perhaps this would be enough to convince them to upgrade from their Harley.
    Last edited by BikerMike; 08-30-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMike View Post
    My wife and I were scheduled to do a ride with some friends--they still ride a Harley. Could we still stop by and meet some Spyder riders. Perhaps this would be enough to convince them to upgrade from their Harley.
    No problem, just show up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    No problem, just show up.
    Thanks. I do need to talk them out of going to Milwaukee, but they really like new roads like the rattler. Hope to come down that way!

Spyder Garage

Lamont:

We second your opinion on highway 209, The Rattler.

We traveled it earlier this year on the way to your place and found it quiet, twisty, scenic, lightly traveled... just the right road for a pair of Spyders.

It is also like going back in time, when you take in the buildings, old homes and other stuff built along the way.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)