Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip to Alaska and return

I thought it would be interesting to know how many Spyder riders have ventured from the lower 48 to Alaska and back on their bikes. I know that Yazz and I have done it; has anyone else?

Spyder Garage

SpyderLover member "Derk" from eastern NC left on his RT in late July heading for the west coast and then Alaska. I heard from him Aug 3 and he was in Seattle having his Spyder serviced, including a new drive belt due to rocks & tar from some road construction. He is probably in Alaska somewhere by now!

Spyder Garage

BMW went to Alaska the year before we did. He gave us lots of good advice for the trip which we used, and passed along to you. It was his idea to get a SPOT. Thanks Ben!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SPOT

Thanks to you Yazz for passing along the "SPOT" info to me also, I had ten people monitoring it every day, some of the e-mails I got back when we were on the ferry and I forgot to tell people that we were going to take it were interesting; like "there must be something wrong you're in the middle of the ocean?" And, woe unto me if I was late sending one out my kids were on the phone asking if I was in trouble. kTwo of my kids are teachers and they were monitoring it and mapping out my course to use in their classrooms this year. Good product.

Spyder Garage

I am hoping to make a "reverse" trip one of these years. The problem now is I can't get away from my three jobs for more than a week at a time. I really want to ride the western National Parks via the Spyder.

Yellowstone, Badlands, Arches, Zion, Monument Valley, etc.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default ALASKA trip

I rode my 2008 GS SM5 to Alaska from Iowa in summer of 2008.
    visited states 2011.jpg2513.jpg2512.jpgDSC_04070001.jpg
    VisitedProvincesMap.jpgI took about 3.5 weeks and road the ferry from Haines, AK to Prince Rupert, BC on the way back. I rode through Glacier N.P. Waterton, Banff, Jasper National Parks, Dawson Creek, Whitehorse, Dawson YK, Top of the World highway, Fairbanks, Denali NP. Homer, Valdez. Had the valves checked in Washilla, AK. Added about 14,000 miles to the odometer with side trips. I loved it and would like to do it again sometime.