magical member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-622 trailer spare tire recess does it really exists

I picked up a left over 2010 RT-622 with a spare wheel. I have been looking for the super secret hidden spare wheel recess.

I think my dealer forgot to install it

I done the TV thing and tapped all the sides listening for the echo.

The BRP 2012 Genuine parts, accessories & riding gear brochure states

Spare Wheel Tire Assembly

12" custom replacement wheel assembly for the RT-622 trailer.

Fits conveniently into the trailer spare tire recess for easy access.

Starting to think this is a mis-print like the comfort seat is stock on the Limited, as it does not even reveal itself on my Marauders Map .

Has any one every found the secret recess or do I need to call Nicholas Cage to come over and find it.

thanks

harry
    Last edited by harrypottar; 08-24-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Don't think it exists. Asked recently about trailer flats and no one reported ever having one. Tho, Lamont did have a bearing freeze which destroyed the tire. Based on the zero flat response, I've decided to leave the spare at home. Less weight, or, more space.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

I know what you mean, I have a spare in my Jason Ion trailer but have never used it, oops gone and jinks myself now.

The jason as a very tall front and the tire mounts vertically inside against that front wall and hardly up takes any space up.

I wasn't going to buy the spare for the RT-622 but I was offered it at 50% off so I couldn't say no.

It takes up a lot of room which is why I was looking for the recess, makes sense that they could have moulded a recess under the carpet but can not find it.

One of those things you buy hoping to never have to use and the day I do need to use it, it will be at home in the garage. Might just end up with ride-on in the trailer tires.

I want my recess, BRP where is my recess

harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There isn't one. They sale a tire bag that has four corner hooks that hook onto the floor rails that hold it in place. I can take a pic of mine if you want. I also put ride-on in the trailer tires.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 08-24-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

As you have discovered, the "recess" is the entire cargo hold of the trailer. I think it would be pretty easy to fabricate a bracket to hold the tire upright in the center, but I have elected to travel without a spare. I have Ride-On in the tires, and a Stop-N-Go plug kit and compressor in the Spyder. I have 14K-15K miles on my trailer, with no tire problems. Annual wheel bearing maintenance is a must, though.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Harry if you want your recess it will be at 3:00 after school.

Spyder Garage

The only time I used my trailer and did not bring the spare I must have jinxed myself.
    (I needed all the room for a load of "Tandy Leather" stuff. I make my own chaps and vests
    and all kinds of leather goods). I split the side of the tire, about a four inch gash. I have a mini compressor,
    I have the plug & go kit, I also carry the co2 inflator kit from my ATV. All of these could not help
    me in this situation. I saw the piece of steel on the road, at the last minute, and did not want
    to make a sudden move around it (I had a passenger and no time to warn her) so I figured
    I'll just drive keeping it between the front left tire and the rear wheel. Then I realized too late that
    the trailer wheel tracks in between these two. A Spyder pulling a trailer makes five tracks.
    Needless to say, I had to by a new tire on this trip. So,,, that is why I always carry my spare
    tire even if there is no recess to store it!

PS I wish it was the same size as a Spyder front wheel at least!

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Spyder Garage

Default trailer

good to know this if I buy a trailer,some day