Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vrodrjs View Post
    So in the HD world there is always the big bore route. I have only seen one bike that had any real engine work done, and that was a turbo I think. Is there just not anybody out there doing engine work on these?
    A few out here have done 'big bore' setups and/or turbo... at least they have on RS models. Have yet to see anyone do it to an RT. Of course those mods will lower MPG considerably.......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Actually 0-85 is plenty on most Highways considering over 85 is considered as Reckless Driving in my state.
    The article I posted before said- 0-60 4.5 GS/RS
    0-60 6.8 RT Ect.
    I think BRP will have a partial solution for some of us that are on the borderline about 23 September 2012?
    With mods I could pull a 4.1 with my 2008 GS.
    I think waiting until Sept. 23rd is a wise thing if you're on the fence..... might be just what you're looking for.......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I've noticed this also. My RT doesn't have the acceleration that my GS did... so I've had to adjust my passing zone parameters... allow more room for passing. When riding in a group, passing needs to be considered an INDIVIDUAL decision.. not a group one. Each person needs to determine if they have enough room. Sometimes if I'm in the lead and pass some cars, I'll hang out in the left lane for an extended amount to let those behind me know it's still clear ahead... but those cases are pretty rare.

Indeed, the RT is a touring bike and needs to be treated as such.

------------------

Those bashing this rider for going fast need to ease up. You don't know the area or circumstances of him going 100. Maybe he's in an area where it's allowed? Plenty of areas in Texas are 85 mph where people go 100. I cruise 85-90 quite often... and have been up to 128 on my GS. Maybe you guys need to take a ride with some of us Hooligans sometime......