Spyder Garage

Default My BEST Discovery

While I was going though all the previous owner's Spyder paperwork, I discovered a card, A BEST PROTECTION CARD that expires 30/09/13. Is purchasing more BEST coverage recommended? So, what will this do for my pooting, rough running Spyder? At this point, I am not willing to remove a $600 Hindle and buy something to replace it.

The part number on the original invoice of the Can Am exhaust by Hindle is BR219400073. The description is "Tuyau Echapment "Racing Exhaust." The lady I spoke with Friday at a Hindle dealership told me that beginning in 2006 the Hindles came with O2 sensors. She could not tell me what to look for or where I might find it. So..................if my Hindle has one, where would it be? If it has one, even though I can not see anything that would allow wiring to be connected to it, could/would the PCV w/ autotune connect to it?

Sandy
    Last edited by Sunshyn; 08-19-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: to add a question

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyn View Post
    While I was going though all the previous owner's Spyder paperwork, I discovered a card, A BEST PROTECTION CARD that expires 30/09/13. Is purchasing more BEST coverage recommended? So, what will this do for my pooting, rough running Spyder? At this point, I am not willing to remove a $600 Hindle and buy something to replace it.

The part number on the original invoice of the Can Am exhaust by Hindle is BR219400073. The description is "Tuyau Echapment "Racing Exhaust." The lady I spoke with Friday at a Hindle dealership told me that beginning in 2006 the Hindles came with O2 sensors. She could not tell me what to look for or where I might find it. So..................if my Hindle has one, where would it be? If it has one, even though I can not see anything that would allow wiring to be connected to it, could/would the PCV w/ autotune connect to it?

Sandy

Sandy, You have to stop talking to people that have no clue what they are talking about. Your just confusing yourself by doing so.

1. Spyders were not made in 2006
    2. Hindles do not come with a 02 sensor
    3. Your Spyder already has a 02 sensor from the factory located on the mid pipe (lay on the floor and look behind where the hindle connects to the Spyder, you will see it. It's a wire that connects to the exhaust pipe).
    4. Your PCV auto tune will connect to the other end of the 02 sensor located above the rear splash pan.

Congrats in finding your warranty, but your warranty will not cover this because your Spyder has a modified air intake and a exhaust that leaned the Spyder out. Get the juice box or the PVC and your problems will go away. Or........ put the stock airbox back on with a stock filter and that will help it alot without the hefty price tag for the fuel Mgmt mod.

Question for you........ Does your style of driving warrant such performance mods ????
    Last edited by arntufun; 08-19-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Sandy, You have to stop talking to people that have no clue what they are talking about. Your just confusing yourself by doing so.

1. Spyders were not made in 2006
    2. Hindles do not come with a 02 sensor
    3. Your Spyder already has a 02 sensor from the factory located on the mid pipe (lay on the floor and look behind where the hindle connects to the Spyder, you will see it. It's a wire that connects to the exhaust pipe).
    4. Your PCV auto tune will connect to the other end of the 02 sensor located above the rear splash pan.

Congrats in finding your warranty, but your warranty will not cover this because your Spyder has a modified air intake and a exhaust that leaned the Spyder out. Get the juice box or the PVC and your problems will go away. Or........ put the stock airbox back on with a stock filter and that will help it alot without the hefty price tag for the fuel Mgmt mod.

Question for you........ Does your style of driving warrant such performance mods ????
    Because I do not have the OE airbox, I would have to buy one. I will get the TB JuiceBox Pro, put it on and hopefully ryde in peace, finally. I do not share the previous owner's fascination with racing, or whatever his agenda was. Thank you for setting me straight. One does not know, some of the time, until one asks.

To answer your question, my style of driving does not warrant the performance mods that are on my Spyder. However, the expense of taking them off and putting OE back on it is a bit much, an expense I am hoping to avoid. Trying the TB Juicebox will hopefully be the cure and I will be picking it up Tuesday.

Thank you,
    Sandy

Question for you........ Does your style of driving warrant such performance mods ????[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Default stock air box

you could probably get a stock airbox for free, or close to it, from somebody here.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's worth keeping your eyes open anyway!
    Sandy,
    It sure seems like the previous owner of your Spyder put a lot of effort into changing all sorts of parts; do you know who he (she) is? If so; they could fill in all of the blanks f0r your unswered questions about the bike...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's worth keeping your eyes open anyway!
    Sandy,
    It sure seems like the previous owner of your Spyder put a lot of effort into changing all sorts of parts; do you know who he (she) is? If so; they could fill in all of the blanks f0r your unswered questions about the bike...

Bob,

Sending PM

Sandy

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS PROBLEM

SANDY, Randy - Coz - and Bob are giving you good advice.....I stated before that I had a Hindle with no operating problems......I didn't know about your air filter set-up tho......I am sure there are plenty of OEM air boxes out there for the asking. Just put a $35 K & N filter in it and you will be very happy, and the problems you are having will be over......Mike.....

Spyder Garage

Default OK

OK...............thank you...............sending PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    SANDY, Randy - Coz - and Bob are giving you good advice.....I stated before that I had a Hindle with no operating problems......I didn't know about your air filter set-up tho......I am sure there are plenty of OEM air boxes out there for the asking. Just put a $35 K & N filter in it and you will be very happy, and the problems you are having will be over......Mike.....