Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion please!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for everyones opinion! I think the majority think the same as me" nice for the complimentary wash, put leave my Syder alone" Anyway could have been much,much worse! At least my spyder is home safe in the basement.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Just came back fom SpyderMania in Jolliette,Quebec. Great bunch of people and fantastic riding!Here is where I would like peoples opinion. Yesterday we went on a 300km(186mi) ride, we had the odd rain shower and some construction/gravel roads. Our last stop of the ride was a dealership (no names) and one of the guys in the group asked the service guy if there was a car wash we could take our spyders to rinse the crap off. He said no need they would hose our spyders down. I thought that was pretty cool of them and would have given them a shout out here, but! When I woke up this morning and took the cover off, my wife said that is not our lincense plate plaque, seems after they washed it and when I was not looking (which was very seldom) they had changed my dealers palque with theirs!! I don't allow my dealer to put stickers on my spyder, but the plaque I allowed as I am happy with them and figure I could leave that little ad! I was not pleased they never asked if they could do this, so when I got home after a washing I took it off and will ask my dealer for a new one when I am in next. Some people at SpyderMania said that it was disrespectful, some who use that dealer laughed it off! I was just wondering what members of spyderlovers thought! On a positive note SpyderMania was fantastic!
    Who cares, save the gripe for something important. The dealer gives you nothing for his free ad on your machine so you owe them nothing. A free wash job is worth it, you can throw the thing away anytime.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not a gripe, just curious about what others thought!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No more free washes

I just hope the dealer is reading this and learns not to do anything nice for unappreciative Spyder owners.

I would not compare this to a kid eating ice cream on your Spyder. That is just a plain Stupid comparison.

Blueknight911,

I live in NC and if you think you have the balls to walk on to my farm and touch anything of mine, you should PM me for my full physical address and we can let the rest of the forum know what happened when my dogs finish licking up your remains from the gravel.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    I just hope the dealer is reading this and learns not to do anything nice for unappreciative Spyder owners.

I would not compare this to a kid eating ice cream on your Spyder. That is just a plain Stupid comparison.

Blueknight911,

I live in NC and if you think you have the balls to walk on to my farm and touch anything of mine, you should PM me for my full physical address and we can let the rest of the forum know what happened when my dogs finish licking up your remains from the gravel.
    ???? Not sure if you agree or do not agree??

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I always remove that stuff

Ever since I can remember I have always removed any and all dealer logos, Lic.plate frames and such
    I figure this way... they are not paying me to advertise for them so why would I want their name on my
    car,truck, bike etc.
    Put some nice custom Lic plate frame on and end of story...
    Dave

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Ever since I can remember I have always removed any and all dealer logos, Lic.plate frames and such
    I figure this way... they are not paying me to advertise for them so why would I want their name on my
    car,truck, bike etc.
    Put some nice custom Lic plate frame on and end of story...
    Dave
    Actually ended up turning their plaque around (plain white surface) and put a sticker of a spyder on it. Looks better then a dealer plate!

arntufun

Blueknight911,

Congrats on your 8th post showing us what a tough guy you are with your keyboard !!!! He was pointing out if you don't mind people touching other peoples Spyder without them knowing, than you shouldn't care if someone touched yours. Obviously, we all can see your HYPOCRITICAL double standard from your response to his post.
    Last edited by arntufun; 08-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Spyder Garage

Blueknight911,

Lighten up Francis.

I would be ticked off. I went to Cowtown and got some work done. They did great work and gave me a great deal. Had they put one of their Cowtown stickers on my bike without asking, they would have taken it right back off.
    Last edited by vrodrjs; 08-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Congrats on your 8th post showing us what a tough guy you are with your keyboard !!!! He was pointing out if you don't mind people touching other peoples Spyder without them knowing, than you shouldn't care if someone touched yours. Obviously, we all can see your HYPOCRITICAL double standard from your response to his post.
    Thanks arntufun, as I had no clue from his post!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Blueknight911,

Maybe some decaf would help???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    .........no I edited my post I have no idea why I posted your quote.............doh! Actually reading your post I think you and I are pretty close to being on the same page.

Sorry about that
    No problem Bro.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Actually ended up turning their plaque around (plain white surface) and put a sticker of a spyder on it. Looks better then a dealer plate!

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Blueknight911,

I live in NC too. However, we're all not aholes.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Default I feel left out now

I'm I not good enough to advertise your dealership ?

I bought my RT from Stamford Motorsports, exceptional dealer, I have it serviced locally at Bobs Skidoo another exceptional dealer. While at SITA I had some work done at Roberts Motorsport yet another exceptional dealer. Yet not one as put a plaque on my Spyder, with or with out my concent. I just have a plan license plate with no pretty plaque.

I feel left out, I feel... Well like Randy felt inbetween Teddy and Blueknight911 at SITA, ignored.

Where do I get a Spyderlovers license plate plaque, Teddy as one I want one.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TOUCHING STUFF WITHOUT PERMISSION

Blueknight911,

REALLY FRANCIS, REALLY

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default changed plate frame

Where I live it's called disrespect.

Spyder Garage

Kind of low, but pretty clever.

Spyder Garage

Whether they washed the Spyder for free or not (they offered to do it), they had no right to take something off and put something the owner didn't know about on. If they'd done it to me, I'd have been pissed and posted their name on the forum.

It was underhanded and disrespectful.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    Whether they washed the Spyder for free or not (they offered to do it), they had no right to take something off and put something the owner didn't know about on. If they'd done it to me, I'd have been pissed and posted their name on the forum.

It was underhanded and disrespectful.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank God

Thank God the dealership didn't sit on your sacred, holy seat without your highness's permission or you guys might have all exploded.

I have never seen or heard such an overreaction to a silly little First World problem like this before.

I hope you guys can find some time in your busy days to review which things in life are worth worrying about and which things to just laugh at.

Take the time you've wasted complaining in this thread and use it to take your wife out to dinner or your grandkids bowling and be thankful that You have a Spyder to complain about.

Spyder Garage

Anybody got a mirror?

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyder Garage

IMO: They should not have changed out the license plate holder without your permission.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank God the dealership didn't sit on your sacred, holy seat without your highness's permission or you guys might have all exploded.

I have never seen or heard such an overreaction to a silly little First World problem like this before.

I hope you guys can find some time in your busy days to review which things in life are worth worrying about and which things to just laugh at.

Take the time you've wasted complaining in this thread and use it to take your wife out to dinner or your grandkids bowling and be thankful that You have a Spyder to complain about.
    I posted just get opinions! Hence no name of the dealer.I think we all know there are much more pressing issues in the world, this is a forum for opinions, and we are just giving ours. I am very appreciative to have my spyder and do take my wife to supper, as well as other things, but no need to post them. Lighten up! These are opinions and this is a forum, we're not trying to solve world problems with this thread!
    Last edited by Netminder; 08-20-2012 at 04:22 PM.