Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Twentyeight Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Scheduled to disembark at 8:30 am but the Ferry arrived early so they started to call for us to "start our engines" at 8:00am, the experienced traveler(rides this ferry lots) was ready for this turn of events while the rest of us played catchup. Got the bikes all loaded up engines started wives on board and off we went. Again interesting to ride up the steel ramps a different sensation then going down(don't stop in front of me, I may lose my traction). Checked into our hotel and did a little sightseeing around Belingham. I got to call some old friends an had some come up to share dinner and some conversation. A very nice evening and lots of fun explaining how we made out on the bikes for this trip vs using an RV. Scheduled to take our wives to the airport about 9:00am tomorrow then return to the hotel and checkout and plan our route back to Cheyenne; it'll be good to get back on the road again my legs were getting tired from walking so much on the Ferry especially going up and down the ladders(stairs). Spyder seems to be functioning well and since most shops indicated that even if they diagnosed my shift point problem that they would probably not have a new switch in stock so they would have to wait for BRP to send it,I am going to contine on to Cheyenne as is. For some reason Service Centers wouldn't accept another shops findings and order a switch and have it waiting for me. Until tomorrow. PS. even though theere was no cell or internet coverage I was able to use my spot locator to inform friends and relatives as to where we were and that everthing was well.

Spyder Garage

Spot is very handy indeed! Having loved ones know you are safe and sound is a good feeling.

After a nice rest, its time to hit the road again and... no more frost heaves!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Have a continuing safe an uneventful ride on your way back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red