Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Twentysix Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Day Twentysix started with mechanical breakdown to one of the ferry's driveshafts which caused the Ferry to pull into the port of Petersburg for inhouse repairs, unfortunately by the time the repair was completed we missed the tide so we had to wait approximately 6 hours before we could transit the next channel. This delay caused us to miss our window for visiting in Ketchikan. We were supposed to have about 4 hours but that got cut to 1 hour. Since the town proper was 2.5 miles away no one wanted to take a chance to go very far, if you missed the ferry you have to wait a week. Russ,Lisa,Bobbie and I got to play a lot of ginrummy and a new card game(to me) called Phase ten. They wouldn't let me win (snivel snivel snivil). This was a good day for watching the whales breach and the dolphins playing alongside the Ferry. Good day for relaxing and yes as akspyderman mentioned no bad roads. Checked the bikes to see if tiedowns were working and they were. Did note that the tiedown pads were more for heavy trucks so us bikers had to use a little enginuity to make them work. A
    good day.

Spyder Garage

Shame a bout having to miss Ketchikan.I remember it from a few years ago.Nice interesting town.Enjoy the rest of the stops.

Spyder Garage

Too cool that you got to see whales and dolphins!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red