Spyder Garage

Default FUEL MANAGEMENT ADD ONS

My 2008 SE5 needs a fuel managment add-on. It has a Hindle and a racing filter (oval and rounded red foam rubber). I understand that there are at least three, the JUICEBOX, JUICEBOX PRO, and COMMANDER. I thought, with good illustrated instructions, I might be able to figure it out myself. So, since that is not going to be a plan, I will be depending on a man who has 30+ years of automotive experience, cars, trucks, etc., but no Spyders. Recently he got into my Spyder and admitted he not seen anything quite like it. I am certain with the shop manual I purchased WE can do it, provided good instructions are included with the product. I am asking for recommendations. Many thanks in advance.
    Sandy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I've got nothing but good luck wishes for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default LUCK

I thought the day I brought HOTRED home from AL was my lucky day. In many ways, it was. It is a good thing previous owner poured lots of $$$$ into and onto her, b/c now I have less to buy. I just want her to run like she is supposed to run. Plug wires are NOT the problem at the moment. She is running much too lean. Soooooooooooooooo more $$$ for my baby so she will quit coughing and spitting and farting.
    Sandy

Spyder Garage

I love the commander. It gets her tuned perfectly and with ease.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys need to talk...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I love the commander. It gets her tuned perfectly and with ease.
    +1 PCV w/Autotune
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Default Fuel Management

Quote Originally Posted by Texmac1011 View Post
    +1 PCV w/Autotune

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ROUGH RUNNING

When I had my Hindle on ( for 2 mos. ) I noticed no poor running conditions ( 08 GS ). And I was running stock. And please explain the RACING filter you have.....that info may help........Mike.....

Spyder Garage

Default RACING FILTER

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    When I had my Hindle on ( for 2 mos. ) I noticed no poor running conditions ( 08 GS ). And I was running stock. And please explain the RACING filter you have.....that info may help........Mike.....
    Well, back 14 months or so ago, changing the filter was suggested to solve the poor running condition that I am still dealing with today. I ordered the filter, took the Tware off, and there was no airbox. There was an oval (8-9" long, 4-5"wide as I recall) rounded top red foam rubber filter covering the carburator. It looked dirty, so I washed it, let it dry, and sprayed it with some special filter oil that was recommened on here. That is the best I can do to "...explain the RACING filter..." I was told it might be a Kool Metal product, but I have not checked to see if it is or not.

The only super commander V I can find is at JC Cycles and it fits a 2009. I can not find one to fit my '08, nor can I find and "auto tune" devise for an '08................or '09 for that matter.

Sandy

Spyder Garage

The only super commander V I can find is at JC Cycles and it fits a 2009. I can not find one to fit my '08, nor can I find and "auto tune" devise for an '08................or '09 for that matter.

Sandy
    [/QUOTE]

This is a great thread on the PCV and post #12 has the part numbers. There is no difference between 08 and 09 as far as the Power Commander is concerned.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyn View Post
    Well, back 14 months or so ago, changing the filter was suggested to solve the poor running condition that I am still dealing with today. I ordered the filter, took the Tware off, and there was no airbox. There was an oval (8-9" long, 4-5"wide as I recall) rounded top red foam rubber filter covering the carburator. It looked dirty, so I washed it, let it dry, and sprayed it with some special filter oil that was recommened on here. That is the best I can do to "...explain the RACING filter..." I was told it might be a Kool Metal product, but I have not checked to see if it is or not.

Sandy

Here is a video for the Juice Box install if you care to go that route. You need fuel mgmt to solve your issues.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyn View Post

Sandy

What you have is the Evoluzione Race Air filter.I have the same set-up with Hindle exhaust and Juicebox Pro.I am running map 3 with +10% on closed loop operation and + 5% across the board low,med,high rpm range.My Spyder runs great with these settings but if you can afford it the Power CommanderV with autotune would give you a more precise tune for adjusting your AF ratio.Do a search on here and you will find numerous posts on both systems.You can also go to the website that sells these and see the differences.

Look up Two Brothers racing,they sell both controllers.
    Last edited by kman; 08-17-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default VERY INTERESTING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Here is a video for the Juice Box install if you care to go that route. You need fuel mgmt to solve your issues.

I found the JuiceBox installation video very interesting. And...............then................got kinda off track when I started watching the videos of the compressed air cars, the RED BULL COBRA, and some others. While watching the 3 wheel cars, I'm thinking why not put two in front and................

I hope to use the air miles I'm collecting and the Visa Venture Card (viking & goat commercial) double miles/points to take my next vacation. I will be going to Australia. I will check on the air car availablity while I am there. Who knows..........I might consider a purchase...........depending on shipping charges. lol (deep sigh while I move brain back to fuel management devises)

I will look up the recommended sites and call them for more information. Thank you for providing the video. I'm really surprised at how easy the video shows the installation to be.

Sandy

Spyder Garage

Default THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    What you have is the Evoluzione Race Air filter.I have the same set-up with Hindle exhaust and Juicebox Pro.I am running map 3 with +10% on closed loop operation and + 5% across the board low,med,high rpm range.My Spyder runs great with these settings but if you can afford it the Power CommanderV with autotune would give you a more precise tune for adjusting your AF ratio.Do a search on here and you will find numerous posts on both systems.You can also go to the website that sells these and see the differences.

Look up Two Brothers racing,they sell both controllers.
    Thank you, Kman, for this information. I read a lot on here last night about the different systems, maps, and closed loop operation, etc.. At this moment, I do not understand what it all means, but will be finding out soon. I am so relieved that the systems for Can Am Spyders will work on both '08 and '09 models.

Sandy