Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Twentythree Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Day Twentythree slept in and found out that the motel turned off breakfast at 9:00 AM, bout ready to take back my apology from yesterday, not like I needed it but wanted it. Decided that since it was Sunday we would find a local church and attend services; found a nice small church and listened to a good lesson then much to our surprise the folks said stay for lunch. I knew there was a reason for missing breakfast; the lunch was an old fashioned potluck that without planning turned out great. Had a good visit with the locals and had fun explaining what a Spyder was and how it was different from a Tryke. After leaving the church we went ten miles out of town to the Chilkoot River Lodge; they only have three units but they are super and Sue the hostess is extremely accomodating. After checking our rooms we got that "deer in the headlight look" as we took in the view out the back door of our unit, a Drop Dead view of the Chilkoot River with people fishing for Salmon, Eagles flying all over the place and Grizzley Bears meandering along side the river with the fisherman still there. Got some great pics. Had a great evening meal at the old Fort Seward Post, the Halsingland Hotel. While at the hotel our waitress gave us a history of the place and some other interesting facts about Haines and the Tourisum Industry. Asked her how the social life was for a young lady in Haines she said so-so; actually she said " the odds are good but most of the Goods are odd". Checked in at the marine terminal and had a lot of questions, turned out that the attendant on duty was a young lady we had just met at church so she toook a lot of extra time explaining the process, We are set to go, hopefully there will be internet on the ferry and we can continue to report. Oh yes I almost forgot, with all the bears around Russ was showing his wife the bear spray cannister when she replied how will it work with the safety catch still on, Russ removed the safety catch and started to wave it around and(you guessed it ) sprayed his wife; not a cool move Russ! When we got back from dinner the people in unit 3 came running out to tell us we just missed a bear in the back yard, what a place. Love it. Later
    Last edited by dlennox; 08-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red