Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Twentytwo Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Another fun day in sunny or rainy or both Alaska. Left Destruction Bay dressed for cold but before long added raingear. Road was good between Dest. Bay and Haines Junction albeit a little wet (so much for clean bikes). Gassed up in Haines Junction in the rain and headed for Haines, road was fantastic for first 40 miles then it was 14 miles of dirt, no one warned us of this stretch, it was really a mess, once again the water trucks were out putting more water on a surface that had just been rained on, Russ had some goosey moments on the Wing. The remaining miles to the custom station turned out to be pretty good. Couple of observations: No indication that when you leave Haines Junction there is no gas for 110 miles, I made it but I was thinking that I was glad I had the extra tank; other observation is that after going through several border stations(customs) finally the one here at Haines advised me that my passport was not legal(OMG) seems I had never signed it so therefore it wasn't legal fortunately he was cool about it and gave me a pen to sign it.(Border Security???) He then gave us directions to the nearest gas station and a great roadside cafe for lunch, only stipulation was we had to give the waitress (Kelsey) a hard time, we complied. Just before we got to the border station we encountered a mother Grizzley with two cubs actually got some pictures; tried to get the wives to take some bear spray and go see if it would work but for some reason they didn't want to do it. Can't figure them out give them a chance in a lifetime and they turned it down. Staying at the Captins Choice, a real dump! but it was the last port in the storm so what can you do, surprisingly its AAA rated, are the standards slipping?
    Tomorrow we change to the Chilcot Lodge hope its bettter. We made it to the ferry port hooray!

Spyder Garage

Glad you made it to the Ferryport with the problems you were having with the gears.Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Apology required

Yesterday I indicated that the Captains Choice hotel was a "dump". That was said in the heat of the moment when I found out that they had misrepresented the rooms. Even though the place is old and outdated, it is clean and the staff is very helpful. The fact that I put my hand on the railing only to find out that it had just been painted didn't help either. Sorry bout that!

Spyder Garage

I'd be cranky too if I put my hand on fresh paint.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red