Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Twentyone Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Got to sleep in this morning, Yeh! Since we had such a short distance to go today thought it might be nice to make a lazy day out of it. Stopped at Buckshot Bettys for breakfast (great food) before getting underway for Destruction Bay. The ride 110 miles was a series of "whoopty dos" through the frost heaves and gravel patches along with a 30 klm (18 miles) of wet mud gravel and whatever mix; since we were transitting this " highway minefield" at a reduced speed the rest of the traffic obviously had to pass us, unfortunately for Russ in the lead it meant a bath or two when someone hit a water filled pothole as they were alongside. No one stopped to say "sorry" go figure. Had a senior moment: stopped to get something out of the trailer for the wife and placed her purse on the ground, as I got underway again went about half mile when I said (to myself) "did I put the purse back in?" Since dI couldn't give myself a positive answer I had to request we stop and check, didn't tell anyone why we had to stop until I knew I was good, Whew!, dodged a bullit again! Still no "sniviling" from the ladies (at least not publicly) I think they have realized the power of the blog! A beautiful day sun is shining got the bike cleaned from all the mud, no mechanical problems today except the brake, think your'e probably right akspyderman, with all the dirt and grime might have to get into the linkage and hose it out real good. The storm that passed through here yesterday made everything bright and cheery no dust, I am beginning to think that the wives really did bring the sunshine with them. Saw a Grizzley (or large Brown Bear) briefly going from road to brush, no time to get picture, several locals have indicated that further south around Haines Junction there have been numerous sightings lately so maybe tomorrow we'll get a chance for pics. Tomorrow its on to Haines and get ready for the ferry ride to Bellingham, WA. Anyone that knows of a realiable Can-Am Service center in that areq I'd like a name or phone number please. Bye.

Spyder Garage

Oh man, doing the frost heaves full of water! Thats taking mudding to a whole new level.

Clem's Enumclaw Powersports
    408 Roosevelt Ave,
    Enumclaw WA, 98022
    360-825-4502
    www.enumclawcanam.com

They are a SpyderLover site sponsor.
    Last edited by Yazz; 08-11-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Found a dealer.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mudding in the Frost Heaves

Thanks for the service center name Yazz; you're right on about a new level of mudding especially when they are filled with water and you can't tell how deep they are. Got lucky yesterday was going real slow when I hit one and the trailer bottomed out must have been 6 inches deep.

Spyder Garage

Another good dealer is Lifestyles Honda in Mt. Vernon, about 20 miles south of Bellingham on I-5.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for response

Thanks canam sam for the response I'll call both to see who can get me in.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red