Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New RT Owner

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by mdale46 View Post
    Happy riding, to the Spyder community!

New Spyder owner's 2012 RTS SE5 Viper Red (4 Oct ). The first real toy that the wife and I have ever purchased. Several warranty issues that I hope will be taken care of on the 600 mi service. I was also hoping for a little better MPG than what I am presently getting. I see from reading here, that I am not the "Lone Ranger" on this issue. All in all, we love it!

Mike & Steph
    Hi Mike and Steph - Spyderlovers is an amazing site w/ amazing people. They've already diagnosed and "fixed" one of my issues from afar! We purchased near the same time you did, and today (ending a 230mile trip) have a total of 989miles! Not as much as some in that time span, but ours sat for nearly two weeks after buying (not due to any issues, simply a matter of logistics getting it home from my mother's house..it was cold and raining Columbus Day, the day we tried to get it from Augusta,Ga to Sumter, SC.
    Cleveland Apple Festival - my brother was a central organizer for that event for years - beautiful place. May get some snow from Sandy??
    Enjoy your ryde and if you are ever this way - Columbia, Sumter, Camden, Florence, etc, let us know - also we just learned from the home page, that on the right side, there is a Sypder Rescue spreadsheet - always good to know you have great people out here willing to help. You are not alone out there!! Ray

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to both of you.

Hawk Eye

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ray&Charlotte View Post
    Hi Mike and Steph - Spyderlovers is an amazing site w/ amazing people. They've already diagnosed and "fixed" one of my issues from afar! We purchased near the same time you did, and today (ending a 230mile trip) have a total of 989miles! Not as much as some in that time span, but ours sat for nearly two weeks after buying (not due to any issues, simply a matter of logistics getting it home from my mother's house..it was cold and raining Columbus Day, the day we tried to get it from Augusta,Ga to Sumter, SC.
    Cleveland Apple Festival - my brother was a central organizer for that event for years - beautiful place. May get some snow from Sandy??
    Enjoy your ryde and if you are ever this way - Columbia, Sumter, Camden, Florence, etc, let us know - also we just learned from the home page, that on the right side, there is a Sypder Rescue spreadsheet - always good to know you have great people out here willing to help. You are not alone out there!! Ray

Ray & Charlotte,
    Your welcome is appreciated. It seems we both purchased our Spyders on the same day (4 Oct ). Cleveland is very nice, but growing to fast. Like wise, if ever coming this way, give us a shout! Unfortunately we have not put too many miles on the bike yet. Had it trailered to the house from Chattanooga by the dealer. Sat for 5 days before we could get it out of the garage and play, then an issue with hard to start/no start (battery). A bright light that is inop, and a scratched/stained plexi on the MFD. We will certainly have to find a dealer with better diligence and attention to detail. Thanks for the welcome!

Mike & Steph

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by mdale46 View Post
    Ray & Charlotte,
    Your welcome is appreciated. It seems we both purchased our Spyders on the same day (4 Oct ). Cleveland is very nice, but growing to fast. Like wise, if ever coming this way, give us a shout! Unfortunately we have not put too many miles on the bike yet. Had it trailered to the house from Chattanooga by the dealer. Sat for 5 days before we could get it out of the garage and play, then an issue with hard to start/no start (battery). A bright light that is inop, and a scratched/stained plexi on the MFD. We will certainly have to find a dealer with better diligence and attention to detail. Thanks for the welcome!

Mike & Steph
    Contact info sent

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder and victory owner

When i bought the spyder I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of the victory i have been riding for the last 6 years.My wife hated riding on the back of the Vic.She loves the back of the spyder and is ready to go all the time.I'm finding when i have to make a choice on what to ride the spyder wins more often.I find the turn signal switch to be to pointed on the end so that when i push to cancel i will often just turn the signal on for the other direction.Boy do those heated grips feel good.