Spyder Garage

Default Brake failure on dash

I'm told that there is a way to get rid of "brake failure" scrolling across the display on the guage cluster. Something about turning key on, then off, then on again while pressing down on brake pedal. Does anyone know the sequence? I know why it came on... Will be getting it fixed eventually, just don't want to see the message anymore and don't want to have to go to dealership each time it comes on.
    And, because someone will ask...
    I have a bit of play between where the brake light comes on and where brake pressure is acheived, if I sit on brake light for 3 seconds without applying pressure, it trips the no brake pressure code.
    Thanks
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Spyder Garage

First, check the fluid level in your brake reservoir. That is the most common cause of the warning. The reservoir can look pretty full, but needs to be all the way up to the mark (ledge) for reliable operation. The warning should reset by itself when you turn off the Spyder, wait until the display shuts off, and restart. You can remove the key and wait for 30 seconds or so if it will make you feel better. If it does not clear, your problem remains, and should be looked at ASAP.

You can check for fault codes to see what the warning is, while it is active. Causes other than low fluid cannot be addressed by the average owner. This is a critical issue that should be looked at by a dealer, in most instances, and corrected.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Scotty
    I know why it's coming on. I have 82000 kms on it and am due to get a complete brake service. It's the play in the pedal that causes it to trip. I just want to get rid of the message... The dealer, when I worked there, had found a way to get rid of the scrolling, I just can't remember the sequence. Thanks anyway...
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Spyder Garage

Default brake sequence

Quote Originally Posted by VIspyderman View Post
    Scotty
    I know why it's coming on. I have 82000 kms on it and am due to get a complete brake service. It's the play in the pedal that causes it to trip. I just want to get rid of the message... The dealer, when I worked there, had found a way to get rid of the scrolling, I just can't remember the sequence. Thanks anyway...
    need help on brake falure on dash do you know how to remove

Spyder Garage

Simply top up wit brake fluid. It is very sensitive.That is the general cause.
    ivor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or pop both sensors out from under the reservoir and zip tie them up and out of the way....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake light

I had a rear pad with a rock stuck in it and wore pad out.After replacing rear pads i turned the key on and pushed brake peddle as hard as i could.Book says listen for a couple clicks if it clicked i didn't hear them.Any way after i did that i cut the key off and back on and light was gone.This may not work until you fix what is wrong.PS WAITE ABOUT 30 SEC AFTER YOU TURN KEY ON.