Spyder Garage

Default Best Way to Route Audio Feed

from the trunk to the XM radio up front?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I assume your XM radio is in the trunk and you want to listen on the Spyder radio.
    I'd route it through the AUX connector located in the trunk.
    Depending on the output of your unit you may have an impedance matching problem, but that can be handled.

No sorry I should have made my post clearer. My XM radio is up front and I want to run a audio line back to the trunk where the aux input plug in the trunk. I want my XM radio up front where I can see it so I am trying to figure out what panels, etc on how to get this line back into the trunk.

Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

I know exactly what you’re talking about SM. I did this to my RT because I wanted to have my media player up front and in the middle of the handlebars so I can change tracks. I ran a 3.5mm audio jack about (10-15 feet long) from the truck, under the passenger back rest, under the driver’s seat and around the glove box below the handlebars and up through the dummy switch in between the ASC switch and heated grips. It works perfectly. I zipped tie the wire to my ram mount on the handle bar and it works like a charm. I can send you pictures if you like when I reach home.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by naillz View Post
    I know exactly what you’re talking about SM. I did this to my RT because I wanted to have my media player up front and in the middle of the handlebars so I can change tracks. I ran a 3.5mm audio jack about (10-15 feet long) from the truck, under the passenger back rest, under the driver’s seat and around the glove box below the handlebars and up through the dummy switch in between the ASC switch and heated grips. It works perfectly. I zipped tie the wire to my ram mount on the handle bar and it works like a charm. I can send you pictures if you like when I reach home.
    I would like to see the pics please. Keith@monkei.com