Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Fifteen Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Woke up this morning and found out my legs didn't work very well, seems that riding that boat for 6 hours worked muscles that my body had long ago forgotten about. Well it was another day of rain today,we must be getting acclimated since all we said as we were putting on the rain gear was "at least its not a downpour." We really felt sorry for the poor tourists that were boarding the tour boats as we were leaving, I don't know how you could see and do as much as we did in the rain. Once again thanks to akspyderman we were able to make a nice day out of it by taking the 30 mile ride to Hope, a neat little village that we would have never gotten to; and yes we did stop and eat at the Discovery Cafe and it was great, especially the homemade strawberry rubarb pie. We new it was going to be good because there were several biker groups already there out for a saturday breakfast run; again, no spyders among them but the RT was certainly given the once over.Allow me to digress for a moment, as we arrived at the cafe I thought I heard a shout "dinnertime" and as I turned to look I was deluged with a swarm of the biggest mosquittos I have ever seen, it was all I could do to get inside without being carried away. Back to more important things; the helmet cam worked however I had it set in the wrong place so I got 69 pictures of my dash, at least I know how fast I was going, will reposition it tonight and try again. stopped along the highway to watch some wind surfers on the river even though it was in the fifties they were out there (bunch of hardy dudes up here in Alaska). Then back on the road stopped at Griwood to take on gas and talked some other bikers that were out for a ride in the rain although they weren't even decked out like I was, I think with all my layers etal I must look like the Michellan man in black. Made it to the Best Western Lake Lucille in Wasilla for the night to rest and do a little planning for our spouses arrival on Tuesday the 7th, really looking forward to them getting here and seeing some of the things we have.Want to see if they'll "snivil" about the rain.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great update. Looking forward to more.... Take care and safe travels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe the ladies will bring sunshine with them. At least you got a video of your dash I usually get nothing but frustrated with my GoPro.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you enjoyed Hope. It sounds like you met a squadron of some of our famous B-52"s (mosquitos). Raining on and off all day here in Chugiak. We met another couple on a Spyder on Friday at the Discovery Cafe and talked with them a little. Turns out they were from Anchorage.

You will like the best Western in Wasilla. Try the Settlers Bay Lodge for a meal while you are in the area. It's on Knik Goose Bay Rd--one of the turn offs from the main drag (Parks Hwy) in Wasilla. We go there about once a month.

Get in touch if you would like any other suggestions for rides in your area.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-06-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red