Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default HUH?

Born in? Thats new, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    That's some grade A trolling right there. grats!

I wouldn't buy a bike that didn't have any mods worth adding to it. Customization is what makes it personal.

Do you wear the same clothes you were born in?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Couple grand so far:

GIVI setup
    Can Am risers
    SpyderPops
    Touring windshield

I prefer not to think about it. The addiction is easier in small doses.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

This thread scares me. I've only had my 2012 RT for two weeks, so I've just spent $50 for saddlebag luggage and $15 for a Can-Am T-shirt. By reading this thread, it looks like I have a long road ahead of me and maybe i'd better get a part-time job.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

When you purchase a m/c that's just the down payment.....crazy thing...I have my 2 inch Spyder folder in front of me...just called GloRyders...one quit working...GloRyders is replacing it....Kudos for GloRyders....
    Mr Orange is more organized than me....but here go'es
    Spyderpops...everything
    Corbin Heated seat with gas door
    GloRyders
    Magic Man risers, mud flap lights, triple play, brightsides, fender tip kit,
    3 sets Kuryakyn Widow Pegs, rear axle caps
    Kewl Metal luggage rack & top Rack plate, radiator web,
    up & out mirrow extentions
    Tex-Efx painted strip
    Spiralus pink tribal flames wrap
    Spyder Front Runner
    Can-am 25 inch shield with wind deflectors, tank bag
    J&M CB
    Garmin
    Drink Holder
    Nelson Riggs saddlebags + home made on off system
    AtaDude dual mufflers
    RT shocks
    Homemade ...2nd handlebar to hold stuff...2 electric outputs in tank bag

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default $ in Mods

I guess I am little over $7,000.00, and that not just what is listed. I have more to list, and also have 3 more big investments. Thats product and install cost. And thats with out my can-am trailer.

Spyder Garage

Granted I am just getting started but I was very happy with what the stock RTS bike had. I added the Ram X-Mount to hold my phone, no big deal. Added passenger armrests for the wife's comfort. Ordered TicLED's for the front fenders because I like the looks. Will add a few more things to make it personal. From stock to completely modified, there is no wrong answer in my opinion.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Default WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Post Obviously you do not understand...yet!

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    So.... your saying that the engineer's at can-am are a little on the weak side , and should have done a better job where you the cust. would not have to spend $5000 for mod's to make it right ?? WOW!....I would think a stock can-am would be a great M/C, But.... maybe Im wrong .
    Mods are not necessarily to "make it right" but rather to personalize it for the individual owner's joy. Hopefully some day you'll understand.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by elixermixer View Post
    How much have you spent in mods, or whatever you wish to name the little (cough and big) add ons to your spyder?
    I've spent a little over $2300 on mods...Well worth it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Mods are not necessarily to "make it right" but rather to personalize it for the individual owner's joy. Hopefully some day you'll understand.
    When you only have a couple of models and about four colors; the level of personalization takes on new meaning...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bought my 08 GS last month and it came with full Givi luggage, 2 windshields, BRP riser and full cover. This week hubby installed about $600 worth of mods:

passenger footpeg extenders
    BajaRon anti-sway bar (awesome)
    Spyderpops air dam, belt guard, heat shield & air management system (no more cooked right foot & a cooler running engine)
    Rivco handlebar risers (no more sore hands, arms & neck)

My mod wish list is Spyderpops GS BumpSkid and better headlights.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question youre kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Geeez, What a rip off, are you guy's saying that can-am can't make a M/C that is not good enough on it's own ? but it has to have all these mod's to make it right out of the crate ? if the product is not good enough out of the box, don't buy it! what a con game.
    All i can say to you is find me ANY vehicle that hasnt been modified and ill show you someone who hasnt done it YET. Every motor vehicle enthusiast will find something that needs thier personal touch, who wants to own one just as it came? you'd just be one of the crowd of "its just a means of transport "owners . NO THANKS. ($1500 for me, most of which i bought before taking delivery )
    cheers mick
    Last edited by mick ruhdorf; 10-27-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mick ruhdorf View Post
    All i can say to you is find me ANY vehicle that hasnt been modified and ill show you an unimaganative or easily pleased owner. Every motor vehicle enthusiast will find something that needs thier personal touch, who wants to own one just as it came? you'd just be one of the crowd of "its just a means of transport "owners . NO THANKS. ($1500 for me, most of which i bought before taking delivery )
    cheers mick
    Wow! That's a little strong, don't you think? It may not be your cup of tea, but why insult the hundreds of owners that are perfectly happy with stock Spyders (or cars, or trucks, or ATVs)??? Not every enthusiast thinks as you do or as I may do. There is no need to hurl insults just because we don't all think the same way. JMHO

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by viperred View Post
    I guess I am little over $7,000.00, and that not just what is listed. I have more to list, and also have 3 more big investments. Thats product and install cost. And thats with out my can-am trailer.
    Love your Redback spider on the frunk. They are native to here in Australia and closely related to your black widow. Is it a stick-on or a custom paint job?

Rob

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you can't tell it's your Spyder at 150 yards, you don't have enough Farkles!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question My bad

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Wow! That's a little strong, don't you think? It may not be your cup of tea, but why insult the hundreds of owners that are perfectly happy with stock Spyders (or cars, or trucks, or ATVs)??? Not every enthusiast thinks as you do or as I may do. There is no need to hurl insults just because we don't all think the same way. JMHO
    I do apologise if i came on a bit strong but i see you didnt say anything about being called someone who is silly or naieve enough to be conned which is basicaly what was said so i guess you agree with that ? Again apologes for getting my hackles up.
    cheers mick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ha Ha Ha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vrodrjs View Post
    The first rule of the cost of mods is we don't talk about the cost of mods. And if she doesn't notice, we don't even bring it up.
    You said it right there lol!

The additional spending is ~$1200, however, that was combo of gear, comm sys, and a few mods. Really appreciate these lists, helps to narrow down and add to our ever growing wish list...I'd like to put floorboards on, however, missus would like armrests first...

She'll get the armrests and that's okay as this will lead to floorboards! lol

My thinking this morning goes something like this on the floorboards x((P(x)→Q(x))

*Disclaimer to the intellectuals who may call me out on the fun: I know it's a logic formulation, along the lines of modus ponens, but not really sure if it applies in the case...he he :P

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I think that's about right, out of the 40,000 or so Spyders there are probably only hundreds that have not been modified in some way (and those are probably recent purchases). Seriously, I saw about 50 Spyders at Biketoberfest and almost all had mods of some kind.
    Soooo, I guess if you really want to be different--stay stock.

Spyder Garage

I have spent $50 on my New RT.
    1-2 White leds from Auto Zone on the front- $20
    2-2 Red leds from Auto Zone on the back-$20
    3-Positaps from Custon Dynamics- $10

One on the rear picture runs as a additional running light- When you hit the Brake the 2nd rear light goes on so 2 Leds are shining.
    Very simple and effective Safety for a Bargain price . (I,m saving my $$ for the Sway Bar!!!)
    The fronts are much more visible than they appear in picture!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I was in High School, in the '50's we thought nothing could get better than taking a "stock" car and customizing it to suit our own personalities. As a future professional sculptor, I loved nothing more than chopping and channeling, leading in head lights. painting and pin striping custom upholstering, chrome, no chrome.....anything to make it mine. Today I have the opportunity to create a custom Spyder to suit me. Same boy and his toys, just a bit more expensive and sophisticated. I love it!!!

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal Floorboards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by elixermixer View Post
    How much have you spent in mods, or whatever you wish to name the little (cough and big) add ons to your spyder?
    Bought my 2012 Spyder RT-S SM5 in February. Have done the scheduled dealer service.

Bought a KewlMetal gadget accessory to mount my TomTom Rider 2 GPS (from my old Goldwing).

THAT'S ALL FOLKS.

I do want to improve the lighting (for night-time driving), but this is Ohio and will wait for next year. Now, I am close to putting it away until next season.