Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Thirteen Cheyenne to Alaska and return

Day thirteen was a down day while we got our bikes serviced, Russ had to drive several miles(20+) through a major rain storm to get to the Honda dealer while I had to go across the street less than a walkable mile to the Team CC Can-Am dealer. We both had the samething(service and inspection) done; Russ's Wing cost $149 while my RT cost $279, Go figure! I've been informed by Bobbie(wife) to stop "snivling" about the helmet cam and just enjoy Alaska; Yes dear! Had a very nice meeting with akspyderman and akspyderlady where we shared a pizza and travel stories; additionally we were given lots of advice as to what to see around the area of Seward and other places we might want to visit. It sure is great to have some local info, it makes planning more efficient and the trip more enjoyable. Thanks again akspyderman and lady. Back to the helmet cam; after spending about an hour and a half on the phone with a Contour Tech we got it working; seems I had a firewall set up that we didn't know anything about "what's a firewall" but in the end after several tries we got it figured out next step is to give it a try and see how the pic come out but thats for tomorrow. weather forcast is for some clearing so it will be off to Seward and a boat trip to see whatever you see on a boat trip we'll let you know tomorrow. Local alaskan told us today that there are two seasons here, Almost Winter and Winter then back to Almost Winter. That's all folks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have fun in Seward. You should see everything from Otters to Orcas.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Good luck with the camera.Hope problem is solved.

Spyder Garage

Those otters sure are cute.

Spyder Garage

It was great meeting up with you and Russ last evening. It looks like Mother Nature is going to cooperate on your ride today and the weather radar map shows no precipitation between Eagle River and Seward. I am looking at blue skies at 10:00 AM, so hope your destination is the same. I am looking forward to your take on the beautiful scenery you are going to encounter on this special ride.

We are also considering going that way on our ryde today--but turning off at the Hope exit. Another of our favorite rydes.

Drive safe.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red