Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bars from Down Under

I would love to know how the sway bars from down under have been performing? Are they worth the money?I am on the verge of ordering them, but would love an update.

Spyder Garage

me too............
    2011 RTS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrack View Post
    I would love to know how the sway bars from down under have been performing? Are they worth the money?I am on the verge of ordering them, but would love an update.
    Hi
    I fitted an Evoluzione bar to my GS in late 2008 and it was the best $'s I ever spent.

Some feedback I have received on the Australian sway bar below-

Josh in Colorado USA says " I just installed it and your right - it is the best thing I have done to it. It's Amazing."

Tony (Australia) says "Being an old motorcycle rider I’ve been having trouble adapting to the steering characteristics of the spyder. The sway bar has made a huge difference... A lot more confident now."

Lee (Penryn California ) says "We installed your sway bars on two Can-Am RTs. What a difference. Both of us are very happy with the results. I have new Elka struts on and am very excited with the combination. I highly recommend your 17mm sway bar for the RT.Thank you. "

All that being said if you want one for an RS (not for RT yet) you should check out Baja Ron's new sway bar as it will be cheaper than getting one from here.
    Last edited by mrb; 08-01-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink Aussie Signatrue Sway Bars

Hi all..
    Im new to the site but Id like to have an input to this topic..

BUY AUSSIE.... my partner and I both have SM5's and both have Signature Sway Bars on .. .and LOVE THEM... I have a 14mm as I dont ride hard and my partner has a 15mm and it makes such a difference.

Most of our friends who have SpYders also have the new sway bars... and even if you are over seas .. buy one from the OZZy supplier.... and you wont look back....

They are now selling an RT so if you are looking for a great investment for a better ride... Buy AUSSIE....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 08SPY View Post
    Hi all..
    Im new to the site but Id like to have an input to this topic..

BUY AUSSIE.... my partner and I both have SM5's and both have Signature Sway Bars on .. .and LOVE THEM... I have a 14mm as I dont ride hard and my partner has a 15mm and it makes such a difference.

Most of our friends who have SpYders also have the new sway bars... and even if you are over seas .. buy one from the OZZy supplier.... and you wont look back....

They are now selling an RT so if you are looking for a great investment for a better ride... Buy AUSSIE....
    Naw, buy from the vendor that supports the site
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-Have-Landed!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I installed one on my RT -11 a month ago before going on vacation... 3500 miles after I think this is one the best change to do on a Spyder ( great bang for the $$$)!
    The RT feels more planted on the road, no more mushy feeling in the handlebars and the nanies seem to kick a lot later. It took me about 200 miles to get used to it on the freeway as now I feel more connected to the front wheels and change of directions are more "direct". I am glad I did not spend more buying Elka: the sway bar shows there is nothing wrong with the stock ones!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    I am glad I did not spend more buying Elka: the sway bar shows there is nothing wrong with the stock ones!!
    This was my thought as well.............the shocks are certainly an area that can be improved on but I want to take away the "wandering" in the lane that occurs on the highway. I'm not sold that all will be fixed by upgrading the shocks?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Naw, buy from the vendor that supports the site
    What say you Ron.......how long till you have an RT version ready to roll?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Signiture Sway Bar

I have this bar installed on my RT and it is fantastic. We have winding roads everywhere here in New Zealand, no interstate highways. I have my bar set on the stiffer setting. I previously had my shocks set on four but I have now backed them off to three. With this setting I am getting awesome handling and a great ride i.e. no sideways bounce as the shocks are working and the sway bar is doing its job. My wife and I are a couple of light weights so need to take that into account on your settings. The bar has really transformed the bike!! You won't regret fitting it. As a Kiwi I have to give our Aussie mates credit for a great product. Cheers & happy riding.

ps.... I agree completely with prmurat and his comment above.
    Last edited by dgnspyder; 08-02-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    What say you Ron.......how long till you have an RT version ready to roll?
    I would love to give a definite date for an RT bar. The bar itself isn't going to be too much trouble. But there is more to this kit than just a high quality, good looking bar. The devil is always in the details.

Before I started producing my own custom products it always seemed like it would be a breeze. Like with No Magic light kits, for example. What's the big deal? But if you don't get the small details right it IS a big deal. Though it isn't rocket science, it is still important to get it right. It it is not my intention to have my customers do the R&D on anything I sell.

Sounds good but making it happen just takes more time than whipping out a product and hoping it flies.

Even when I think I've got a handle on things I find that making promises is almost always a mistake. Stuff happens, sometimes my fault, sometimes something I have no control over. But regardless of why, it dissappoints the customer and that isn't good for either of us.

I can tell you I am pursuing an RT bar. It is very do-able and I am confident that I can produce a greatly superior product to what EVO offered at a reasonable price.

I do not have one of the Aussie bars but from all evidence, that bar has been well thought out and of high quality. Mine will not be identical but it will, by necessity, be similar.

I don't feel like I'm bashing the EVO bar, my intension is to give an accurate evaluation based upon what I know about similar products. Once I produce a bar the customer will take over this aspect for me and that is as it should be. People who produce quality products are not afraid of competition, even good competition. It makes all of us better.

I tend to be too optomistic with my time frames so right now I'd rather just give updates as I proceed with the project. Some will wait, some won't. But I don't think anyone wants me to rush something as important as a suspension component.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ron...You're doing an excellent job with the products you sell...High quality, reasonably priced, very fast service and your responses to questions are quick...We need more vendors like you.

Spyder Garage

Default RE: Sway bar for the RT

Is there a web site that shows the different products made by BAJARON?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bars for the RT

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I would love to give a definite date for an RT bar. The bar itself isn't going to be too much trouble. But there is more to this kit than just a high quality, good looking bar. The devil is always in the details.

Before I started producing my own custom products it always seemed like it would be a breeze. Like with No Magic light kits, for example. What's the big deal? But if you don't get the small details right it IS a big deal. Though it isn't rocket science, it is still important to get it right. It it is not my intention to have my customers do the R&D on anything I sell.

Sounds good but making it happen just takes more time than whipping out a product and hoping it flies.

Even when I think I've got a handle on things I find that making promises is almost always a mistake. Stuff happens, sometimes my fault, sometimes something I have no control over. But regardless of why, it dissappoints the customer and that isn't good for either of us.

I can tell you I am pursuing an RT bar. It is very do-able and I am confident that I can produce a greatly superior product to what EVO offered at a reasonable price.

I do not have one of the Aussie bars but from all evidence, that bar has been well thought out and of high quality. Mine will not be identical but it will, by necessity, be similar.

I don't feel like I'm bashing the EVO bar, my intension is to give an accurate evaluation based upon what I know about similar products. Once I produce a bar the customer will take over this aspect for me and that is as it should be. People who produce quality products are not afraid of competition, even good competition. It makes all of us better.

I tend to be too optomistic with my time frames so right now I'd rather just give updates as I proceed with the project. Some will wait, some won't. But I don't think anyone wants me to rush something as important as a suspension component.
    I tend to agree with Lamont, are they on track for this year? Maybe before the first snow?

Spyder Garage

I tend to agree with Lamont, are they on track for this year? Maybe before the first snow?
    I am shooting for the end of August. But I can tell you right now it probably isn't going to happen that quickly so please don't hold me to it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...