Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-S wiring harness

How long dose it take to install the wiring harness for a 622 trailer and Is there a vidio to show how?

Spyder Garage

I installed mine in about 45 minutes. The absolute hardest part is routing the wiring through the back end of the bike. The instructions that come with the kit are really pretty straight forward.

Spyder Garage

It took me and a friend 3-4 hours, including installation of the hitch. Unfortunately we didn't do a video, but you should expect to remove ALL panels from the left side, including the saddlebag.
    Keep track of each screw and where it went. I ended up with a sticky latch and had to have my dealer fix it.

photo.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    It took me and a friend 3-4 hours, including installation of the hitch. Unfortunately we didn't do a video, but you should expect to remove ALL panels from the left side, including the saddlebag.
    Keep track of each screw and where it went. I ended up with a sticky latch and had to have my dealer fix it.

photo.jpg
    That is not necessary! It is not the method in the instructions. Removing the saddlebags is needless.

I don't remember the flat rate time alloted in the instructions, but I did it in less than an hour each time. You do have to take some panels loose on the left side if you want to route the harness internally...which is highly recommended, but the saddlebag can stay in place. Just follow the instructions closely and you will be fine.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    That is not necessary! It is not the method in the instructions. Removing the saddlebags is needless.

I don't remember the flat rate time alloted in the instructions, but I did it in less than an hour each time. You do have to take some panels loose on the left side if you want to route the harness internally...which is highly recommended, but the saddlebag can stay in place. Just follow the instructions closely and you will be fine.
    100% agreed.
    Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD