Spyder Garage

Default First good news on my rt over 26,000 on original rear tire

I know I've been complaining re my problems. Miraculously I have gotten 26,000 miles on my original rear tire (over 20,000 on fronts before replacing). I now need to replace the rear and am looking for advice. Have seen the two toyos esp the TR-1 which is the original in Europe . Anyone have long mileage on their replacement tires? Also where do I find the code for the Ride on? Thanx in advance. Ed

Spyder Garage

I don't see Ride-On on the sponsor page anymore.

I think the code was "Lamonster" if you want to try it.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

26,000 miles on a rear tire, esp on an RT, may be some sort of record. If I get anything over 15K on my rear RS tire I consider that good. I have tried another brand and it is about the same.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

26,000 on a rear tire is a record I believe.

Mine aveage 15K. My original set of front tires were replaced a week ago at 26,000 miles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 26000!

If I get 26000 on a tire, I wouldn't see any reason to change from the original. IMHO.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    If I get 26000 on a tire, I wouldn't see any reason to change from the original. IMHO.
    I agree I would buy the same tire if I did that well.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make that another vote for "dancing with the girl that you showed up with."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Too much; you wear out the center section...
    Too little: you wear out the center section...

(It's probably something like "27.361008753 libs of pressure; measured by a newly calibrated gauge that has been kept at a uniform temperature of 19.3100785 degress celsius or something! )

Spyder Garage

I don't think you can get the Toyo T1R in our size anymore.
    That was my second tire, and a good one, lasted a couple thousand more than the original. I went with the Toyo Proxes 4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by edrn View Post
    I know I've been complaining re my problems. Miraculously I have gotten 26,000 miles on my original rear tire (over 20,000 on fronts before replacing). I now need to replace the rear and am looking for advice. Have seen the two toyos esp the TR-1 which is the original in Europe . Anyone have long mileage on their replacement tires? Also where do I find the code for the Ride on? Thanx in advance. Ed

are you sure someone didnt sneak in and change your rear tire once? Maybe that tire fairy we seldom hear about!!
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Uhhhhhhhhhhh Bob: those last digits should be 75284936. You should not round up on a technical thing like that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    I don't think you can get the Toyo T1R in our size anymore.
    That was my second tire, and a good one, lasted a couple thousand more than the original. I went with the Toyo Proxes 4
    Thanx everyone for your input regarding dancing with the one who brung ya. I am also concerned with the hydroplanng the original tire has given me in the past. I'm an IV nurse on the road to peoples homes so I do get caught in the rain. I think I will try the proxes4. What do our European riders replace their rear tires with as the t1r was the original spec tire? Ed

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Go ahead RUB IT IN!!!! I just replaced mine and I think it was only 10 or 11000 mi. Sheeeese!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh Bob: those last digits should be 75284936. You should not round up on a technical thing like that.
    Math was never the best club in my bag...
    Attached Images Attached Images

arntufun

Thanx everyone for your input regarding dancing with the one who brung ya. I am also concerned with the hydroplanng the original tire has given me in the past. I'm an IV nurse on the road to peoples homes so I do get caught in the rain. I think I will try the proxes4. What do our European riders replace their rear tires with as the t1r was the original spec tire? Ed

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression the chances of hydroplaining are greater with a car tire because it's a harder compound. I'm another advocate of a stock tire if it has faired that well for you.

Spyder Garage

Last year the T1R was still be available in Europe in our size, but the Proxes 4 was unavailable I was told. I wonder why BRP didn't use the Kenda? This must mean auto tires are an acceptable upgrade unless Toyo is making a different T1R, which is doubtful. I think they will all hydroplane to a certain degree, especially if you have standing water in tire tracks or a heavy rain, the fronts are meeting the resistance of the water and pushing it aside right in the path of the single rear with not a lot of weight. Doesn't hydroplane nearly as much riding 2up. The nanny and traction control are a great thing in these situations.

Spyder Garage

Default Final update on old original tire

Final mileage was 28,173 on the original tire!!!!!! Just had the toyo proxes 4 installed with ride-on in it and the fronts. Let's see how many miles I can get on it in the next 14 months like the original. Ed

Spyder Garage

Final mileage was 28,173 on the original tire!!!!!! Just had the toyo proxes 4 installed with ride-on in it and the fronts. Let's see how many miles I can get on it in the next 14 months like the original. Ed
    Did you get this tire?

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is totally unrelated but did anyone see the commercial for Kumho? Apparently they are the "Official Tire" of the US Women's Soccer Team. I just found it a little funny Korean tire maker sponsors US Women's soccer team.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    This is totally unrelated but did anyone see the commercial for Kumho? Apparently they are the "Official Tire" of the US Women's Soccer Team. I just found it a little funny Korean tire maker sponsors US Women's soccer team.
    Didn't seem them wearing any during the games...
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BajaRon;498239]Did you get this tire?

[/QUOTEYes an I love it so far. Ed
    ]