Spyder Garage

Default New panels and maitenance schedule for the RT in Calif.

Well I have asked this question here a couple of times but got no reply so I contacted BRP today, Talked to a pleasent person named Alex. I asked him about the new panels and Maint sch. for my RT in Calif as my dealer has no knowledge of this at all. After a few minutes he came back on and informed me that since I live in Ca. they are not shipping any panels or maint sch to anyone who lives in this state. He said it has something to do with Ca. regs but he could not tell me exactly what regs which I don't blame him as I live here and can't figure it out. Ok lets look at this, a new panel to make things a little easier, theres no polutants, no emissions. ( maybe because it wasn't made from recycled material who knows) Ok the maint sch. longer oil changes different filter ? Valve adjustments ? I think having the new panels would save me some time when I change my oil I do the majority of maint on my Spyder. But as it stands I can't even buy one in Calif. Maybe it's that Ca. is in so much debt and cities are going bankrupt that they really need to not change anything so you have to service stuff more often, not less and keep people working which creates more taxes who knows! I don't get it But hey it's Ca. So is there anybody that can tell me whats the difference between Ca. and all the rest of the states. I mean as far as the panels and maint sch. are concerned . And I called my dealer and they informed me that they are not even stocking the so called new filters. ( I don't want to open a Ca. bashing forum just thoughts on whats up with this )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure it is just that your state has a lot of special regulations and BRP is probably unwilling to jump through the regulatory hoops to get the parts approved there. I would imagine that you will be able to buy the part elsewhere and have it shipped to you along with the new filters.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

The longer oil change will mean that BRP will have to Re certify California Spyder's, And that will cost$$, Probably will have the 2013's Certified'.
    [smog]

Spyder Garage

It's only an educated guess, but the reason is likely that if they change the oil change interval, they will have to go through the CA emissions testing and certification again. Stupid, huh? As to the panel, I suppose that could be for the same reason, but that's incredibly anal and assinine.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Filters

Both of our dealers here in N. Cali that we use have the filters and we had them installed on both the RT and the RS before we went to Durango. I'm not sure what is up with the So Cal dealer that they don't even know about them???
    We have not received any info on the new panel yet tho.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadPenny View Post
    Both of our dealers here in N. Cali that we use have the filters and we had them installed on both the RT and the RS before we went to Durango. I'm not sure what is up with the So Cal dealer that they don't even know about them???
    We have not received any info on the new panel yet tho.
    Most dealers will install the Hindle on street Spyders, Even though there not legal for street use.

Spyder Garage

Californiia sucks!! They make many well meaning green laws Without thinking or caring about reprecussions and manufacturers wind up applying those laws throughout the country for cost and consistency. The rest of us bear this burden just like we will eventually have to carry their debt. I vote we put up a wall on the California border and let them have their own country.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Californiia sucks!! They make many well meaning green laws Without thinking or caring about reprecussions and manufacturers wind up applying those laws throughout the country for cost and consistency. The rest of us bear this burden just like we will eventually have to carry their debt. I vote we put up a wall on the California border and let them have their own country.
    You mean California isn't a separate country already?

Spyder Garage

Default Filters and Panel

Marina Boat Sales in Lodi has both the Filters and the New Panels. BUT we have no vouchers for the Panel yet. What ever...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you know of anybody who could simply BUY the new panel in another State and mail it to you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I seem to remember that the panel is only about $30, so if it were me I'd go ahead and buy it without the voucher. That'll help save some maintenance $$ in the long run.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should move to a more reputable state like where I live... ILLINOIS.

The only state with two consecutive governors sentenced to prison, and where both are incarcerated at the same time!

Ah... we are so proud...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't mind buying it except my dealer don't have them, don't know about them so if anyone knows how to get one let me know, and I will call where ever buy it and pay to have it shipped.

Thanks
    Glenn

Spyder Garage

Order it from Rob's or Cowtown?

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Can anyone tell me why BRP is not sending the panel voucher to California owners? Not even going down the road regarding the new filters and maintenance schedule. It's just tupperware, nothing to do with emission certification.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Can anyone tell me why BRP is not sending the panel voucher to California owners? Not even going down the road regarding the new filters and maintenance schedule. It's just tupperware, nothing to do with emission certification.
    That's a question BRP can probably answer, Send them an E Mail, They're the ones who would know , Currently most dealers don't have a clue..

Spyder Garage

eBay

Spyder Garage

I emailed BRP and am waiting for a response.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

You will probably get the same response I did.

Spyder Garage

Default Has everyone not in California...

received their vouchers yet? I have not...
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    received their vouchers yet? I have not...
    As far as I know, nobody in CA has received a voucher.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I got a response back from BRP. They stated due to California's regulations, the new maintenance schedule does not apply. However, the new parts are to be installed and if my dealer has any questions they can connect the BRP dealer hotline. I can live with that answer.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 07-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I got a response back from BRP. They stated due to California's regulations, the new maintenance schedule does not apply. However, the new parts are to be installed and if my dealer has any questions they can connect the BRP dealer hotline. I can live with that answer.

Spyder Garage

Default I am actually in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    As far as I know, nobody in CA has received a voucher.
    And haven't received a voucher yet... has everyone else received their's (not CA)?
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    And haven't received a voucher yet... has everyone else received their's (not CA)?
    Time to check your VIN# with BRP to see that you are properly registered as the owner, and that your address is correct. Some Spyders have not had the warranty properly registered.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!