Spyder Garage

Default THE CAR WASH AND A DIP STICK

I watched the video clip posted by PILO that shows, or shows for some, how to adjust a parking brake. At the beginning of the video the guy talks about... the brake pedal going all the way
    down, and you can hear the pedal going down with the click click click noise. According to him, the pedal should only go down about 3 or 4 clicks. Mine was only going down 4 clicks, but I had to do SOMETHING in hopes of curing or at least fooling the Spyder's brain about the rolling "brake pedal" message and the red flashing ! . I was positive that the fix would be an adjustment, b/c it I sat on theSpyder, leaned over, and pulled up on the pedal after it was supposed to be released, the instrument panel warnings stopped. However, after driving 100 feet, the message and blinking red light were back. Once I got the tupperware off, I saw that what I have is not just like what is shown in the video and the tools he uses do not fit my nut and bolt. So, I never did get the nut off, b/c my the head of my bolt is in the front and the nut holding it on is behind everything making it difficukt to tighten again. The nut at the end of the cable just turns around and around, doing nothing. In utter frustration, I put back together again. I might have actually accomplished something, maybe, but securing the
    Tupperware with those little ring things on them were a pain in the butt. Ready for a test ryde, I stood up and just happened to see the oil dip stick on a paper towel on top of my table saw, where I put it before topping off the oil. (explative explative) After reassembling, I backed her out to go for a short spin. No brake pedal messages, so I ran her through a car wash with the Daylong seat in a big garbage bag, then drove home, cleaned her up, hooked her up, and closed the door.
    I found a car top carrier, the exact same Sears' X-Cargo Sport 20 Car Top Carrier on Craig's list, so am going to ryde over to Pensacola to see about it and then on to Harbor Freight to check out
    the 3'x4' trailer. Anyone have a recommendations for getting the necessary equipment to attach to so she can pull the little trailer?

I have been very seriiously considering going to the BBQ. With only 1425 seat miles to date, I'm not sure I can get this body accustomed to riding that long in 5-6 weeks, not to mention the fact that I am having my right eye catarac surgery on 8/29. The left eye was done 6/27. Doc had me come back the day after surgery, and weekly for two weeks. Therefore, it would be tough to
    sandwich the BBQ in between all that. So, we'll see.

Well, I hope I made someone smile today. One can never tell in what kind of trouble Sunshyn might find herself.

Y'all be good. And if you can not be good, then BE GOOD AT IT!!!

Sandy

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE TRAILER BUILD

Sunshine, you are in luck...."SpyderGirl" ( and you must spell it as I wrote it or you won't get her ) built the exact same trailer that you are going to build......You should PM her for some assistance, and she can do pictures............On the park brake thing I would check to make sure the spring on the pedal mechanism is properly adjusted, because if you can pull the pedal up by hand and make the message dis-appear I don't think it is hitting the switch button...????......Mike ....Good Luck....................PS ...you can also check with " acinpcola " , he has one too.( trailer)...and he lives in Cantonment Fl.....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-24-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyn View Post
    I watched the video clip posted by PILO that shows, or shows for some, how to adjust a parking brake. At the beginning of the video the guy talks about... the brake pedal going all the way
    down, and you can hear the pedal going down with the click click click noise. According to him, the pedal should only go down about 3 or 4 clicks. Mine was only going down 4 clicks, but I had to do SOMETHING in hopes of curing or at least fooling the Spyder's brain about the rolling "brake pedal" message and the red flashing ! . I was positive that the fix would be an adjustment, b/c it I sat on theSpyder, leaned over, and pulled up on the pedal after it was supposed to be released, the instrument panel warnings stopped. However, after driving 100 feet, the message and blinking red light were back. Once I got the tupperware off, I saw that what I have is not just like what is shown in the video and the tools he uses do not fit my nut and bolt. So, I never did get the nut off, b/c my the head of my bolt is in the front and the nut holding it on is behind everything making it difficukt to tighten again. The nut at the end of the cable just turns around and around, doing nothing. In utter frustration, I put back together again. I might have actually accomplished something, maybe, but securing the
    Tupperware with those little ring things on them were a pain in the butt. Ready for a test ryde, I stood up and just happened to see the oil dip stick on a paper towel on top of my table saw, where I put it before topping off the oil. (explative explative) After reassembling, I backed her out to go for a short spin. No brake pedal messages, so I ran her through a car wash with the Daylong seat in a big garbage bag, then drove home, cleaned her up, hooked her up, and closed the door.
    I found a car top carrier, the exact same Sears' X-Cargo Sport 20 Car Top Carrier on Craig's list, so am going to ryde over to Pensacola to see about it and then on to Harbor Freight to check out
    the 3'x4' trailer. Anyone have a recommendations for getting the necessary equipment to attach to so she can pull the little trailer?

I have been very seriiously considering going to the BBQ. With only 1425 seat miles to date, I'm not sure I can get this body accustomed to riding that long in 5-6 weeks, not to mention the fact that I am having my right eye catarac surgery on 8/29. The left eye was done 6/27. Doc had me come back the day after surgery, and weekly for two weeks. Therefore, it would be tough to

Well, I hope I made someone smile today. One can never tell in what kind of trouble Sunshyn might find herself.

Sandy
    ???????? CAR WASH

Spyder Garage

RE: brake pedal clicks. I used to have mine adjusted on the GS so the brake was on at two clicks. When it got to four or more I had it adjusted. It sounds like the adjustment is off on yours. With as little use as your spyder is getting--a little lube might also help on some of those parts.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now I'm gonna have to lay down under my RT, have the missus jump on the pedal... and clount CLICKS??
    As close as my head will be to that pedal; this might be the last post that I make until I get healed-up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Uhhhhhhhhh Bob: The RT has an electronic brake. The RS has the blankety blank foot pedal actuated parking brake. You were just funning us----right?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or was I??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Car Wash?

You should have took video of you going through the car wash.....

I assume and hope you just used the power wash wand and did not actually ride through a full blown car wash.

Aslo be very carful some of those power washers, they can be more powerful than you think.

A friend of mine bought one recently, I took a picture of him testing out on his full dresser motorbike, this is all that was left after just a couple of minutes.

images.jpeg

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

This is the Sears Cartop trailer I built. It is an aluminum frame and all LED lighting. About $850 all together.

Sandy

Daryl A Rausch
    Fire Chief & Emergency Management Director
    Monroe, Wisconsin
    "Cheese City"

"It ain't easy being Cheesey"

Spyder Garage

With all the "funnin" y'all do in these threads, I am flabberghasted at anyone actually taking me seriously in regard to the car wash remark. I hope no one in their right mind would clean their spyder by going through a car was or even using the power wands. I thought of it while typing that post, visualising HR being pulled through the overhead sprays and the twirling scrubbers, all of which were doing a number on her and her seat's garbage bag cover. I was just visualising it. I was only kidding
    Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    You should have took video of you going through the car wash.....

I assume and hope you just used the power wash wand and did not actually ride through a full blown car wash.

Aslo be very carful some of those power washers, they can be more powerful than you think.

A friend of mine bought one recently, I took a picture of him testing out on his full dresser motorbike, this is all that was left after just a couple of minutes.

images.jpeg

harry

Spyder Garage

With all the "funnin" y'all do in these threads, I am flabberghasted at anyone actually taking me seriously in regard to the car wash remark. I hope no one in their right mind would clean their spyder by going through a car was or even using the power wands. I thought of it while typing that post, visualising HR being pulled through the overhead sprays and the twirling scrubbers, all of which were doing a number on her and her seat's garbage bag cover. I was just visualising it. I was only kidding

figured you where joking, however you never know, I'm never surprised at what some people do.

In-fact a while back I saw an episode of OCC where Paul senior was helping to develop a car wash for bikes. You rode you bike into the middle, got off and then the machine moved back and fourth over the bike

I also have to check myself some times, I see humor where others don't (very warped, sarcastic ) and realize later that maybe I should not have posted that, I blame my up bringing back in the England.

My wife swears my youngest son (13) is more mature than I am. I also work from home and get cabin fever, the postman as gotten to sneaking the mail in, he doesn't like it when I chase after him to talk.

I'll properly be ostracized after SITA.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

NO OSTRASIZING............. HAVING FUN IS ............. WHY I AND PERHAPS ANOTHER OR TWO OF THE FOLKS HERE ARE HERE. I ADMIT I AM GOOFY, MORE SOMETIMES THAN OTHERS.

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    figured you where joking, however you never know, I'm never surprised at what some people do.

In-fact a while back I saw an episode of OCC where Paul senior was helping to develop a car wash for bikes. You rode you bike into the middle, got off and then the machine moved back and fourth over the bike

I also have to check myself some times, I see humor where others don't (very warped, sarcastic ) and realize later that maybe I should not have posted that, I blame my up bringing back in the England.

My wife swears my youngest son (13) is more mature than I am. I also work from home and get cabin fever, the postman as gotten to sneaking the mail in, he doesn't like it when I chase after him to talk.

I'll properly be ostracized after SITA.

harry