Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hey Fly,
    Since you're back in this beehive again...
    Can we at least agree that the Second Amendment is a right that is guaranteed; but it carries with it a tremendous responbility?

Hey Bob, I will agree with you. It carries a whole lot of responsibility. I have friends that do not carry and some that are anti-gun all together. I respect thier choice and tell them I will meet them when we go out to dinner as to not offend them while riding in a vehicle. Here in Fl, I am seeing more places that recognize CCP's and allow legally licensed people to carry in thier place of business.
    Carry all day, BUT, if you are forced to draw a weapon in self defense and no other options are available, be prepared to justify your position. Cell phone recordings are permissible as evidence by the way.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There! Common ground!
    When a pot-smoking, law-breaking, liberal-loving idiot like you can agree with a gun-toting, welfare-hating, ultra-conservative myopic idiot like me; who knows what's next???

Thats just great. 4 months and 28 days left till the world ends and you 2 finally agree on something.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Better late than never; right?
    I hope that he gets it... No need in starting another running battle right away!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There! Common ground!
    When a pot-smoking, law-breaking, liberal-loving idiot like you can agree with a gun-toting, welfare-hating, ultra-conservative myopic idiot like me; who knows what's next???

Hey now... I don't smoke......

Vaporizing is much better...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THAT'S my boy!
    Uh-oh...

zrc

Awesome!!! By the way, while I talk a horrid offense when it comes to guns and I am in the NRA. I also teach hunter safety, and I go to camps for boyscouts and kids in schools to talk about education of the seriousness of guns, gun violence, and the respect all firearms should have.

I would never take a life if I could avoid it for sure, but if I or my beloved family or friends were threatened in a fashion that no other option was available that is when you go to ground and do what you have too.

Unfortunately, I see having and carrying a firearm like having insurance. I might not like it, but if I have it, chances are I will never have to use it.

I shot my first rifle at 5, and have been using / understanding / respecting firearms ever since. The only current live targets I have for practice are cranes that eat my koi. I guess that means I am technically shooting thieves, so sorry about that.

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Just best to keep away from hot-button topics.
    I actually feel less positive about the future of the world than I did before reading some of the responses out here about these topics.

To see so many willing to kill over something as stupid as a TV or a Spyder....makes me sick.. not to mention the judgmental attitude towards those less fortunate than us.

But I do owe you a link you can research tax rates and the history..... pretty interesting stuff: http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-...usted-brackets

I agree very interesting stuff, I just fall into a category where my life of working and being taxed is such that I have been paying more annually every year, assuming a fairly constant wage and a number of years I can agree with your statement, it just so happens I am in a short range of years and a steadily increasing pay. So I "lucked" out into paying more taxes annually from increasing earnings annually. So I better understand and respect your view point, its just abnormal for me, and evidently I am abnormal via the brackets and taxation. Gotta win the "lottery" somewhere and I am winning it in taxation

I have a huge heart and enjoy community service, I am not against helping the less fortunate, I am just disappointed in my governments ability to help and the ability to abuse the system. HOWEVER, I cannot complain to much. Because when and where I can (TICKETS) I abuse that same system. So therefore, I am as to blame as some of the people I have disdain for.

All in all, its about having the fortitude to "man up" and "own up" to the fact that you hate that people abuse a system, however, when honest, we all choose to abuse some other system that we then defend. So I will agree to disagree when the truth be told if we talked about it rationally we are all three (fly, bob and I) more close to the same views than we appear on a board.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now that things have quieted down a bit... It's time to see what'll happen next!

Spyder Garage

Default Pro Guns ..... Interesting rea

I carry all the time , if you have a concealed weapon permit,you should carry,State trooper I have coffee with said that what he hate
    people that can carry don't,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by btcherm View Post
    I carry all the time , if you have a concealed weapon permit,you should carry,State trooper I have coffee with said that what he hate
    people that can carry don't,

But I know plenty of folks that can and don't.
    Pete

Fortune Favors The Bold!

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

There is supposed to be a referendum on the ballot this election to let us vote on a "concealed carry" law. It will be interesting to see the results.

Spyder Garage

Default As for me...

I have a carry permit back from my jeweler days, and I darn sure keep it current.

I have a protection piece in the house and...

This weekend bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown. The takedown and carry bag feature is VERY cool. You can go out to the range and shoot all day long for $10 worth of ammo. And who knows at what point we will need to go out and shoot local critters for food!

Spyder Garage

In the state of Maine, you can openly carry. You cannot carry a loaded weapon in motorized vehicle unless you have ccp.. If your firearm is under a jacket etc., you better have CCP. If you decide to open carry you are limited on were you can carry. No federal buildings,schools, some stores.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Pro Guns ..... Interesting read

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    This weekend bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown. The takedown and carry bag feature is VERY cool. You can go out to the range and shoot all day long for $10 worth of ammo. And who knows at what point we will need to go out and shoot local critters for food!
    Those things are so sweet. Just shot one this weekend. you can plink all day and it's accurate too.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    Insane? perhaps, maybe he was just angry his cow died on farmville, how will we ever know. Because someone this "damaged" or "sane" will give answers us regulars will never understand. I would like to believe that somehow in this world something beside fear of repercussions would stop people, but I have come to believe that these people do these things because they are not afraid of someone stopping them before they do whatever it is they are looking to do.
    On Monday of this week in Cardiff, Wales, a man driving a tradesman's vehicle used it to randomly mow down women and children, killing one mother and hospitalizing 8 other people, including 4 children in his hit and run rampage. In the UK using a vehicle as a weapon is rare and it will not lead to a campaign to ban tradesman's vehicles.

According to reports the law will charge him with dangerous driving, one count of murder and the attempted murder of thirteen others.

His lawyer has said his client's mental health "is a cause for concern".

The mob outside the courthouse would have resorted to summary justice had they been able to get their hands on him. His mental health would unlikely to have been a "cause for concern". They would have been motivated by his deed, not the reasons why he carried it out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So I would venture a guess that if firearms just aren't available; folks that are really determined to do something reprehensible will just use whatever is handy...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So I would venture a guess that if firearms just aren't available; folks that are really determined to do something reprehensible will just use whatever is handy...
    You've encapsulated my feelings exactly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And since boorish behavior is already outlawed; why do they keep trying to make it LESS legal with more ineffective legislation?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Pro Guns ..... Interesting read

And since boorish behavior is already outlawed; why do they keep trying to make it LESS legal with more ineffective legislation?
    Gun legislation has been effective in reducing crime everywhere. Violent crimes in UK and Australia have been reduced to nill. Chicago and New York have been pillars of safety with their bans as well, since citizens have been forbidden access to those nasty things . Now every criminal can clock in every night without the risk of injury. Shouting obscenities is much more frightening to them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by MidLifeCrisis; 11-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yeah! And your previous NRA avatar made me feel much more amung friends

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage