Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Two Brothers exhaust while towing trailer

I'm eventually going to get the trailer for my RT-S, but also want to get a Two Brothers exhaust. My main concern is that the hot exhaust will hit the trailer and cause heat damage. Anyone have experience with TB exhaust and towing the trailer?
    ----
    2011 Spyder RT-S

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oheresy View Post
    I'm eventually going to get the trailer for my RT-S, but also want to get a Two Brothers exhaust. My main concern is that the hot exhaust will hit the trailer and cause heat damage. Anyone have experience with TB exhaust and towing the trailer?
    I have the Two Brothers slip on exhaust (2011 RTS-SE5). It actually slipped OFF the other day and my bike sounded like a friggin Harley on drugs. Make sure it is really tightened down on the collar.
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Yes, I tow a RT-622 behind my RT-S. What you are concerned about is not a concern. You do however need to modify the install of the Two Brothers and the BRP hitch so the muffler is not damaged by hitting the hitch bolt through natural suspension travel.

You need to reverse the hitch bolt so it is inserted from the right rather than the left side. You also need to use spacers and a 1.25" longer bolt on the rear muffler mount to keep the muffler from coming into contact with the hitch bolt.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Yes, I tow a RT-622 behind my RT-S. What you are concerned about is not a concern. You do however need to modify the install of the Two Brothers and the BRP hitch so the muffler is not damaged by hitting the hitch bolt through natural suspension travel.

You need to reverse the hitch bolt so it is inserted from the right rather than the left side. You also need to use spacers and a 1.25" longer bolt on the rear muffler mount to keep the muffler from coming into contact with the hitch bolt.
    this is exactly what I did to mine, have a 2011 rt limited pulling a 2012 Aluma trailer. I used a barrel spacer 1.25inch long and a 2.5 inch bolt it keeps the exhaust far enough away from the hitch when there is weight on the back of the bike...easy fix, there should be no damage from heat to the trailer it should all dissipate in the wind before it hits the trailer but im no gas exhaust expert just a guy who rides a Spyder
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 bros exhaust

Friend-
    I do not recommend it, I bought my 2 bros exhaust 3 weeks ago and have had nothing but issues, the clamp that wraps around the exhaust is metal with a piece of rubber between the metal racket and the exhaust, here is the problem, 2 bros poorly designed it and due to the adjustable suspension the rubber that wraps around the bracket rips off and can damage the pipe, I have called 2 bros 4 times and they seemed clue less, they then came out with a spacer, it doesn't work still the rubber keeps ripping off and it also scratches the plastic cover by the rear wheel axle. I emailed my service department and they will be contacting 2 bros, i am asking to return the exhaust due to poor design on the RT.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    this is exactly what I did to mine, have a 2011 rt limited pulling a 2012 Aluma trailer. I used a barrel spacer 1.25inch long and a 2.5 inch bolt it keeps the exhaust far enough away from the hitch when there is weight on the back of the bike...easy fix, there should be no damage from heat to the trailer it should all dissipate in the wind before it hits the trailer but im no gas exhaust expert just a guy who rides a Spyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies! Lot of stuff to think about.
    ----
    2011 Spyder RT-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Interesting, Dan.

I have a Two Brothers on my RT and have not noticed anything like you report but will have to watch it now.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

I have the exhaust on my rts also and love it. I will be pulling a trailer in the future so I will check on the spacer that you folks are recommending .

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdmb1621 View Post
    Friend-
    I do not recommend it, I bought my 2 bros exhaust 3 weeks ago and have had nothing but issues, the clamp that wraps around the exhaust is metal with a piece of rubber between the metal racket and the exhaust, here is the problem, 2 bros poorly designed it and due to the adjustable suspension the rubber that wraps around the bracket rips off and can damage the pipe, I have called 2 bros 4 times and they seemed clue less, they then came out with a spacer, it doesn't work still the rubber keeps ripping off and it also scratches the plastic cover by the rear wheel axle. I emailed my service department and they will be contacting 2 bros, i am asking to return the exhaust due to poor design on the RT.

Dan
    HEY Dan not sure how your exhaust is mounted but i have had mine on since the bike was 2 weeks old and have absolutely no problems with what you are mentioning. You have to use a barrel spacer to keep the exhaust away from the hitch bolt if this is not done then yes the rubber gasket around the clamp can come in contact with the hitch(nut). Use a spacer and all should be good I have the carbon fiber version

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    Elka's
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Spyder Garage

spyderrock,

So this is what it should look like after the spacer is in right?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Proud Owner of a 2017 f3t

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman View Post
    spyderrock,

So this is what it should look like after the spacer is in right?

That is exactly how mine is done and never have problems, thanks for the photo i was looking for one to post

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    Elka's
    Lamonts hiway pegs