Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default raw design power puc?

has anybody used there wheel lights recently? i wanted feedback on how they looked and how tough to install?

Spyder Garage

Wow those look good and bright BUT the install looks to be a bear if what I see in the instructions is any indication
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Default Working on it right now...

I'm installing them right now as we speak. I should be finished (hopefully) by Monday. If so, I'll get you ALL the feedback your heart desires by then.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

how is install so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I'm installing them right now as we speak. I should be finished (hopefully) by Monday. If so, I'll get you ALL the feedback your heart desires by then.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NVERLAST1 View Post
    how is install so far?
    The hardest part is the beginning stage.....figuring out how many lights you want on each wheel and how you want them wired together. You can only send about 6 wires through the drilled hub hole, so if you want more than 6 lights, you need to solder lights together to run on the same wiring (if I'm making sense). It's all up to you to decide that and put the puzzle together. There is an example of how Raw Design does it on Instruction Video 1. But I don't want to do mine like that, simply because my wheels are black and less reflective, so I'm figuring out my own pattern to get more light to produce the same effect. This process is what takes the most time. I forsee putting the puc on to be easy....

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,

Spyder Garage

The hardest part is the beginning stage.....figuring out how many lights you want on each wheel and how you want them wired together. You can only send about 6 wires through the drilled hub hole, so if you want more than 6 lights, you need to solder lights together to run on the same wiring (if I'm making sense). It's all up to you to decide that and put the puzzle together. There is an example of how Raw Design does it on Instruction Video 1. But I don't want to do mine like that, simply because my wheels are black and less reflective, so I'm figuring out my own pattern to get more light to produce the same effect. This process is what takes the most time. I forsee putting the puc on to be easy....
    Share pics after the fact please.

Spyder Garage

Default Dream Team LED Show

Quote Originally Posted by Spy+ View Post
    Share pics after the fact please.
    That is the plan. I'm gonna start a thread probably titled "Friday Night Lights Project" when I'm done with it all. It is a TricLed, Raw Design, Custom Dynamics, led lighting project I've been working hard on for the past 2 weeks. By putting the lights from these 3 companies together, my spyder should definitly light up the night!

Spyder Garage

Cant wait to see the results of all that hard work..

Spyder Garage

did u also buy your leds from them? how hard was it to drill holes?

Spyder Garage

did u also buy your leds from them? how hard was it to drill holes?
    Yes I bought them from Raw Design. I think it might be better to do it that way, because they set the wiring up on the lights for them to be compatible for the setup. Haven't gotten to the holes just yet. Tonight I'm working on light pattern and coordination. Like I said, that's the most time consuming part. Once I'm done with this brain teaser, it's gonna be full speed ahead.

Spyder Garage

when you say six wires do you mean from six different leds or 3 leds with two wires?

Spyder Garage

when you say six wires do you mean from six different leds or 3 leds with two wires?
    6 wires (or housings) from 6 LEDS all having a positive and negative wire within the housing. That will probably be the most you can feed through a hub hole. HOWEVER, there is more than one way to skin a cat. You can choose not to drill a hole at all and run the wires around the outside of the center to meet and converge in the ring (it's called an external run). It doesn't look quite as clean because of the wires showing, but it saves you from a hole drill, and does not require as much soldering to run the same number of LED's. Another thing you can do is converge (solder) the wires before the hole, then you only have to run 1 wire into the the hole, thus making the hole size you need to drill much smaller.

Like I said, a lot of thought because how the puzzle is designed is up to YOU.
    Last edited by Kratos; 07-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

I soldered them together and only used one wire going through the wheel and the hub.It does take time,but is worth it.

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Spyder Garage

how many leds did yall decide on each wheel? the video has like 12 on each, 6 small and 6 med

Spyder Garage

i have nevered soldered before , is that somethin i can learn on the fly lol

Spyder Garage

how many leds did yall decide on each wheel? the video has like 12 on each, 6 small and 6 med
    I'm attempting 15 per wheel. I may or may not can pull it off......we'll see. If I fail, it'll be 12 at minimum....however even if it's 12, I'll still have more light because I'm using all mediums, not small and medium which are in the video.

Best case scenario for me.....15 mediums.....
    Last edited by Kratos; 07-21-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

so if i converge all wires I dont have to drill any holes in front wheels at all? I dont wont to drill cause all my wheels are chrome

Spyder Garage

so if i converge all wires I dont have to drill any holes in front wheels at all? I dont wont to drill cause all my wheels are chrome
    You would have to converge them somwhere, then wrap the converged wire around the front face into the center ring. I think it's doable.

Spyder Garage

do u have new power pucs with split rings?

Spyder Garage

do u have new power pucs with split rings?
    Not sure on the difference between new and old design and which one I have.

Spyder Garage

new design just gold rings, u dont remove wheel, i think they just for reg bikes though

Spyder Garage

new design just gold rings, u dont remove wheel, i think they just for reg bikes though
    Ok gotcha. That means the spyder still uses the old design, because you still have to remove the wheel, and do it all just like the vids.

Spyder Garage

Default drill in axle

if i wrap and dont drill holes in wheel do i still need to drill in axle?

Spyder Garage

if i wrap and dont drill holes in wheel do i still need to drill in axle?
    I don't see any way around that because of the rotation. The wire coming from the puc through the axle to connect to the wheel wire is the only wire in the 3 point system that has rotational risk involved with it. So it needs to be as "straight" as possible. I've actually put thought into this very question, but every scenario I came up with revealed a vision of the wire getting tangled in rotation.

Spyder Garage

have u drilled the holes? if so how hard was it to do?