Spyder Garage

Default Finally its vaca time.

I can't believe its finally here. Tomorrow at 8am the wife and I, the spyder and the trailer head to Nova Scotia. Should be an awesome trip. Will post pics on our return.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Autotechmark View Post
    I can't believe its finally here. Tomorrow at 8am the wife and I, the spyder and the trailer head to Nova Scotia. Should be an awesome trip. Will post pics on our return.
    Ryde safe. Have a good trip. are you getting screeched in?
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Spyder Garage

Have a safe ride and please post some ride stories and pictures

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default Head that way next week!

Our vacation trip to Nova Scotia starts next Saturday! Are you going to do the Lighthouse route.
    The Girlz,
    2015 Red RT-S SE5
    2015 Denim Blue ST-Limited SE5
    Black 2010 RT-622

Spyder Garage

Have a great trip. Lots of great things to see in N. S. Was there in 1997 for a week. Looking forward to some pictures.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny1 View Post
    Ryde safe. Have a good trip. are you getting screeched in?
    Sorry "screeched in"???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaGrlz View Post
    Our vacation trip to Nova Scotia starts next Saturday! Are you going to do the Lighthouse route.
    We are taking the ferry at St Johns over to digby and taking the southern coastal route trying to hit at least a couple of lighthouses. We will make our way around the outer perimeter of the island up to the Cabot trail then down to the bay of fundy to ride the tidal bore. Can't wait.

Spyder Garage

Default Five Days In.

Well we are five days in to our trip and I have to say this is an incredible area to see. The weather has been absolutely perfect with temps in the mid to upper 70s and little to no humidity. We had a surprise Sunday when we got to Halifax to find that the tall ships were in harbor. We got to spend 4 hours looking around the ships with little to no crowds. DSCN0553.jpgDSCN0773-2.jpgDSCN1177.jpgDSCN1185.jpgDSCN1186.jpgToday we had some incredible winds and I have to say even with Elka 5's we were like a kite. Sustained winds of 35 mph with gusts to 60mph made the twisties down right terrifying. My wife and I need a couple of stiff drinks tonight. We are headed to the Cabot trail tomorrow which should be the highlight of the trip. I will include a couple more pics soon. Anyone thinking of coming up here you will not be disappointed.

Spyder Garage

Nice picts, thanks for sharing.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe Next Time

Well the Cabot trail is truly one of the most spectacular roads I have ever ridden on a bike or car. Unfortunately we got to do it in the rain which made it uncomfortable on the lower levels but downright dangerous at the higher elevations due to fog which barely allowed us to see 10 feet in front of us. We did get to see a full grown female Moose and seven adult Bald Eagles. Never seen an eagle up close and these guys were within fifty feet of us. Spectacular creature.
    I thought the Cabot trail was going to be our highlight and due to the weather it was a little disappointing. What turned out to be the highlight was riding the Tidal Bore. Absolutely unbelieveable. We rode in a Zodiac boat and watched the river rise 26 feet in 3.5 hours. The waves were incredible and our driver made for an incredible white water event knocking us around and filling the boat with water several times and even having the waves hit me hard enough to knock me right out of the boat. Exhausted and thrilled it was an event I will never forget. If you are ever there this is a must do. We had to use film water cameras and if anything comes out I will post later. DSCN0840.jpgDSCN1455.jpgDSCN1467.jpgDSCN1498.jpgDSCN1577.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Home at Last

We pulled into home port around 5 this evening grateful to be home but sorry the week is over. It was truly a magnificent week. 2200 miles in 9 days is certainly not record breaking but it was a lot for us. The spyder ran flawlessly if not irradically in the heavy winds. Gas mileage was a consistent 27 to 29 mpg with two up and pulling the rt622 fully and I mean fully loaded. I didn't weigh the load but I'm guessing we pushed the limits pretty good. I'm happy with the results. Physically I feel real good which I know I wouldn't be saying if I were on my Ultra Classic. I know the Harley would have faired much better in the wind and maybe a tad better in the mpg department. Both are great rides but I chose the comfort of the spyder this time and would do it again. I can't say enough about the beauty, cleanliness, and kindness of Nova Scotia and its people. If you get the chance to go, do it in a heartbeat.