Spyder Garage

Default Multifunction Display Plexi Removal

Can anyone provide info on removal and replacement of the MFD plexiglass (RT)
    Last edited by mdale46; 10-24-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdale46 View Post
    Can anyone provide info on removal and replacement of the MFD plexiglass (RT)
    When I took delivery of my RT last March there was a smear of what looked like clear varnish on the inside of the MFD plexiglass. Under certain lighting conditions it became an ugly blemish on an otherwise immaculate machine and drove me nuts! I asked my dealer about removing the MFD glass to clean it but he thought it wouldn't be possible to dissemble the display and instead he had it replaced under warranty. Sorry I've not been much help.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

On the GS, the display comes apart by disengaging barbs on the rear of the display. I don't know if the RT is the same.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your comments! I know the replacement of like item on my car is a simple task, not sure on the Spyder RT. GeoggCee, I just took delivery 2 weeks ago and it sounds from your post that my plexi is exactly what you had. A smear on the back side, very noticeable with the sun at your back. Evidently someone else noticed it prior to delivery and took a fingernail (guessing) to the the surface and scratched the front side. I will copy your post and take with me to the dealer. Thanks UK!

DSCF0335.jpg
    Last edited by mdale46; 10-23-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default display

......................................................................................