Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    zrc

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    And who are you to decide who 'needs' shooting and who doesn't?

C'mon.. really... for stealing something from your yard. Sure it isn't right for someone to do that... but shooting them for it?

The issue ultimately for me is that there are no reprocussions for people anymore, there is supposed jail time or whatever. And if its get stolen then I get to call and deal with the other thieves in my life (insurance people).

Basically because I am a somewhat moral person, that has convictions, and I obey most laws, I end up paying to keep insurance people in business, then douches and thieves and the dregs of society come and do this, I pay for court stuffs cause they sure dont pay. IF they get convicted, I pay to keep them in jail for some short time. I pay for whatever insurance doesnt pay for.

Basically in the end all I do is pay because I am not out doing what they are doing. And sadly, I would be much better at it than these idiots. Thieves attempted to take my Mustang 3 years go, did almost 6,000 worth of damage to it. Several hundred dollars of damage to the fences. And go away. Nothing ever came of it, and they were most likely meth heads (common thieves in my rural area). So they are doing society zero good. What happened, I paid my 500 buck deductable (retarded, nothing here was my fault). Lost 4 hours waiting for a cop to show up so I could just move the car and mess with it at all. Then I got to watch my insurance get increased for 3 years until I switched insurances.

So in the end, the result is always the same, I pay. So I guess after hundred leading into thousands of dollars over my lifetime of people stealing and taking from me when I have "insurance" to make it all better, which leads to me paying more, because I am arrogant enough to believe that I should get something from my insurance when the terms I have it FOR are breached. Then they basically screw me over because I actually asked them to pay me SOMETHING for all the crap I pay them.

So yea, sometimes when the sanctity of my home, items and life are continually violated, I consider shooting people and burying them with a backhoe. Perhaps they should stop, and consider getting a FREAKING JOB and just paying for

The sad part is that I know most of the people that do this and have reported them to the police who are the trained and awesome professionals to handle it. Yet, nothing ever happens and when I ask the police about the statistical chances of recovery or justice they basically laugh and inform me that it will show up in a pawn shop or on craigslist or in the paper and that the police dont have time to track it down, the report is being made to give to my insurance.

In the end, we all have different opinions on this matter, and I respect that some people are willing to just give everything away to keep yourself, your loved ones, and the thieves healthy happy and in business. I believe that doing so only leads those that are stealing further down the path to worse ends. Rarely are they stealing just to have your items or just to get something specific. They are usually stealing to then get drugs, or some other habit that is equally disturbing or worse. The first time they do it, they worry about getting caught, the second time they do it, they feel better and once the third time begins, it is then what they are doing for a living. At that point they are professionally breaking the law and violating the rights of others. Much like other habits and situations it will escalate without your intervention. Regardless of what you think that is the very essence and nature of the human condition. What I am confused about is that if they are willing to take from a person, or if they had a weapon and took from that person at threat of life, then threatening there life is no longer an acceptable option. In my mentality, treat others the way you wanna be treated, I dont threaten other people over items and consider killing them. If they threaten me with death, they obviously want me to do the same, because they are most likely golden rule people as well.

I am usually reminded of the situation with young Peter Parker in the original origin of Spiderman, where he lets a thief go free because it isnt his responsibility to help bring justice to the world, as such he promotes lawlessness and allows for this thief to then kill his uncle.

Its odd how things escalate sometimes.
    rant over! *cheer*
    Last edited by zrc; 07-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

This is turning into another gun rights thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    This is turning into another gun rights thread.

Ultimately its just a thread about the violation and taking of rights of some form or another. Some people are ok with that, and some people arent. If its helmets, guns, or just your stuff.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

To me it's simple. You violate my rights, yours are forfeit. Though I might use a katana. Much quieter.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

By all means....kill away......kill em' all..... they're only humans... we have too many anyways.... and none of us have ever made mistakes in life..... and Spyders are hard to come by.....They're obviously worth far more than a human life.. probably like 10 (full grown humans).. well... 10 meth heads.. but probably only like 5 drunks or maybe 4 losers... and like 2 'good' people.

Maybe some land mines in the yard surrounding the Spyder? Yeah.. that's it!!!

I keep forgetting we still live in the wild wild west.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

People will steal anything. My wife and I rode our Spyder to church on Sunday and after church we went to cracker barrel for breakfast and while we were in there someone stole my Spyder emblem off of my Frunk.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

arntufun

By all means....kill away......kill em' all..... they're only humans... we have too many anyways.... and none of us have ever made mistakes in life..... and Spyders are hard to come by.....They're obviously worth far more than a human life.. probably like 10 (full grown humans).. well... 10 meth heads.. but probably only like 5 drunks or maybe 4 losers... and like 2 'good' people.

Land mines will not give the criminal extreme pain like a few well placed bear traps would !!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Our RT is Lo-Jacked and it and my RS are garaged and the hole yard is watched by 12 CCTV cameras recorded and with off-premiss backup. We like in a very good area but I was raised in NY and taken no chances!
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

And who are you to decide who 'needs' shooting and who doesn't?

C'mon.. really... for stealing something from your yard. Sure it isn't right for someone to do that... but shooting them for it?

Kind of like catch and release for rats. Like that will really work. I say shoot the ! At least put a few rounds into the tires on the getaway vehicle. Then the will have to leave on foot. And, if it's stolen too, it should at least be covered with finger prints.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

There not humans there low life scumbag THIEVES. My spyder is worth more that some a$$hats life tryin to steal it..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I honestly, really, TRULY wanted to stay away from this bonfire...
    em! I honestly feel that living harmoniously in our society with others contains an implied contract: You treat me in a fair and legal manner, and I'll do the same to you.
    Once you violate your side of it; all bets are off!
    Thanks Arr! You reminded me of it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thieves

Have to jump in here .My son and I remodel houses and have a tidy sum wrapped up in tools . Usually we use a tool trailer and take it with us when we leave but we couldn't do this at our last house.Needless to say we were robbed and they took everything after kicking the door in. Really skilled thieves because they dumped all the tools out of their cases and left the cases.Decent neighborhood too.Cops came and sort of took a report and said there was a lot of thefts going on. Took a tour of area pawnshops and found some of our tools but owners threw us out , said if we had a problem to notify the cops.We did and were told that it would be a pain to prove the tools were stolen...EVEN THOUGH WE ENGRAVED NAMES and even if we did we may still have to buy the tools back. They said the insurance company had already accepted the claim and since we were being reimbursed to just drop it. Couldn't believe it. The day we found the breakin we did some looking around and found that they had unlocked one of the windows on the front , we think they were planning on coming back and getting our saw which we had chained down.Notified the cops about it and told them I was planning on staying in the house that night and taking care of the problem ourselves....I was informed that by doing that it could be considered ENTRAPMENT and I could end up being the one going to jail.I just looked at the cop and told him that at least the thief would no longer be doing anymore stealing. My wife prevailed and we took the saw out and locked the window. Pretty bad when you have to buy back your own stuff, pretty bad when cops won't push .Pawn dealers know what's going on and what they can get away with and cops don't pursue them.And they wonder why people steal ??? Thieves have more rights than the honest working person and know that even if they do get caught they'll more than likely get a slap on the wrist...There's incentive to being a thief.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...And that's the part of this that just screams, "Damn Shame!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

ExWinger - "Thieves have more rights than the honest working person and know that even if they do get caught they'll more than likely get a slap on the wrist...There's incentive to being a thief."

Spyder Garage

Crazy experience. Sorry to hear that happened but glad they failed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    ExWinger - "Thieves have more rights than the honest working person and know that even if they do get caught they'll more than likely get a slap on the wrist...There's incentive to being a thief."
    So perhaps That's why the dis-incentive for thievery needs to come directly from law-abiding citizens who have had enough!

Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-19-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Attempt to steal Spyder

Are there a lot of attempts to steal our Spyders nationwide? Just wondering.

Spyder Garage

Last year at Maggie Valley someone had their Spyder stolen right off the trailer. Don't remember who it was. NC has the Castle Doctrin as well. This applies even if your at a resturant and you feel you or your families life is in danger. But ya know, we strayed from the original point of this thread. A few years back we had an almost new utility trailer stolen from our yard. I had put it behind the truck the night before as I was going to use it the next day to pick up a used golf cart for our special needs daughter. What got me so fired up was the fact that my neighbor had two trailers in his lot and they never bothered them.
    Last edited by bruiser; 07-19-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: add comment

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Sure it wasn't just vandalism, i.e. "Let's drag this bike around the yard and cause trouble?"

Reason being I just can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to steal a Spyder. You can't start it without the key, you can't service them anywhere but BRP dealers, and there ain't exactly a robust aftermarket for chopping these out.

Right now we've got the Spyder and a Vespa parked in our driveway. I park the Spyder and walk away. I lock the Vespa's handlebars, attach a grip lock, and chain lock the rear wheel to the neighbor's fence. I'm still more afraid of someone stealing the Vespa.
    In Eurpe they just show up with a big van and 6 husky guys and load up the truck and drive away. If you chain it to something like a light post with a case hardend 3/8" chain your bike will be there in the morning.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Last year at Maggie Valley someone had their Spyder stolen right off the trailer. Don't remember who it was. NC has the Castle Doctrin as well. This applies even if your at a resturant and you feel you or your families life is in danger. But ya know, we strayed from the original point of this thread. A few years back we had an almost new utility trailer stolen from our yard. I had put it behind the truck the night before as I was going to use it the next day to pick up a used golf cart for our special needs daughter. What got me so fired up was the fact that my neighbor had two trailers in his lot and they never bothered them.
    I'll bet your neighbor now has three trailers. Arthur----Mexico City.

Spyder Garage

Nah, still has what he had then. Nobody steals anything from him. Of course, he does have cameras now and sensors in his driveway that set off a tone in his house, office and shop.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, and between his arsenal and mine and the retired trooper down the street and the other 11 folks on this road with concealed carry permits...

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    The issue ultimately for me is that there are no reprocussions for people anymore, there is supposed jail time or whatever. And if its get stolen then I get to call and deal with the other thieves in my life (insurance people).

Basically because I am a somewhat moral person, that has convictions, and I obey most laws, I end up paying to keep insurance people in business, then douches and thieves and the dregs of society come and do this, I pay for court stuffs cause they sure dont pay. IF they get convicted, I pay to keep them in jail for some short time. I pay for whatever insurance doesnt pay for.

Basically in the end all I do is pay because I am not out doing what they are doing. And sadly, I would be much better at it than these idiots. Thieves attempted to take my Mustang 3 years go, did almost 6,000 worth of damage to it. Several hundred dollars of damage to the fences. And go away. Nothing ever came of it, and they were most likely meth heads (common thieves in my rural area). So they are doing society zero good. What happened, I paid my 500 buck deductable (retarded, nothing here was my fault). Lost 4 hours waiting for a cop to show up so I could just move the car and mess with it at all. Then I got to watch my insurance get increased for 3 years until I switched insurances.

So in the end, the result is always the same, I pay. So I guess after hundred leading into thousands of dollars over my lifetime of people stealing and taking from me when I have "insurance" to make it all better, which leads to me paying more, because I am arrogant enough to believe that I should get something from my insurance when the terms I have it FOR are breached. Then they basically screw me over because I actually asked them to pay me SOMETHING for all the crap I pay them.

So yea, sometimes when the sanctity of my home, items and life are continually violated, I consider shooting people and burying them with a backhoe. Perhaps they should stop, and consider getting a FREAKING JOB and just paying for

The sad part is that I know most of the people that do this and have reported them to the police who are the trained and awesome professionals to handle it. Yet, nothing ever happens and when I ask the police about the statistical chances of recovery or justice they basically laugh and inform me that it will show up in a pawn shop or on craigslist or in the paper and that the police dont have time to track it down, the report is being made to give to my insurance.

In the end, we all have different opinions on this matter, and I respect that some people are willing to just give everything away to keep yourself, your loved ones, and the thieves healthy happy and in business. I believe that doing so only leads those that are stealing further down the path to worse ends. Rarely are they stealing just to have your items or just to get something specific. They are usually stealing to then get drugs, or some other habit that is equally disturbing or worse. The first time they do it, they worry about getting caught, the second time they do it, they feel better and once the third time begins, it is then what they are doing for a living. At that point they are professionally breaking the law and violating the rights of others. Much like other habits and situations it will escalate without your intervention. Regardless of what you think that is the very essence and nature of the human condition. What I am confused about is that if they are willing to take from a person, or if they had a weapon and took from that person at threat of life, then threatening there life is no longer an acceptable option. In my mentality, treat others the way you wanna be treated, I dont threaten other people over items and consider killing them. If they threaten me with death, they obviously want me to do the same, because they are most likely golden rule people as well.

I am usually reminded of the situation with young Peter Parker in the original origin of Spiderman, where he lets a thief go free because it isnt his responsibility to help bring justice to the world, as such he promotes lawlessness and allows for this thief to then kill his uncle.

Its odd how things escalate sometimes.
    rant over! *cheer*
    I agree with everything you said. Until the bleeding hearts come to the conclusion that people have to be responsible for the low life things they do, it won't get better.
    Rudy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Burglary is equated to just making a "mistake?"

And yes, NRA LIFETIME member.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    Have to jump in here .My son and I remodel houses and have a tidy sum wrapped up in tools . Usually we use a tool trailer and take it with us when we leave but we couldn't do this at our last house.Needless to say we were robbed and they took everything after kicking the door in. Really skilled thieves because they dumped all the tools out of their cases and left the cases.Decent neighborhood too.Cops came and sort of took a report and said there was a lot of thefts going on. Took a tour of area pawnshops and found some of our tools but owners threw us out , said if we had a problem to notify the cops.We did and were told that it would be a pain to prove the tools were stolen...EVEN THOUGH WE ENGRAVED NAMES and even if we did we may still have to buy the tools back. They said the insurance company had already accepted the claim and since we were being reimbursed to just drop it. Couldn't believe it. The day we found the breakin we did some looking around and found that they had unlocked one of the windows on the front , we think they were planning on coming back and getting our saw which we had chained down.Notified the cops about it and told them I was planning on staying in the house that night and taking care of the problem ourselves....I was informed that by doing that it could be considered ENTRAPMENT and I could end up being the one going to jail.I just looked at the cop and told him that at least the thief would no longer be doing anymore stealing. My wife prevailed and we took the saw out and locked the window. Pretty bad when you have to buy back your own stuff, pretty bad when cops won't push .Pawn dealers know what's going on and what they can get away with and cops don't pursue them.And they wonder why people steal ??? Thieves have more rights than the honest working person and know that even if they do get caught they'll more than likely get a slap on the wrist...There's incentive to being a thief.
    Having worked for a particularly famous pawn shop (you've probably seen it on tv. They have their own show) I can say that pawn shops are run by the same scum who hock stolen goods there.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America